KKK & TBH,, U make us proud again!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by donchang, Mar 11, 2007.

1. ixory

ixory Regular Member

Just another piece of news

Kien Keat-Boon Heong Moved By Prime Minister's Support

From Jaiarajo Letchumanan

BIRMINGHAM, March 12 (Bernama) -- The All- England men's doubles champions Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong received a pleasant surprise when Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi called them by telephone to congratulate the Malaysian duo on their victory after the match.

They had also received a similar call from Youth and Sports minister Datuk Azalina Othman Said.

"We were caught by surprise when told that the Prime Minister was on the line and wanted to speak to us. I thanked the Prime Minister for his personal support and for taking the time to call us," said Kien Keat.

He added that the call came about 20 minutes after the match had ended last night.

2. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

Koo Kien Keat performs a jig after seeing his tap tumble over the net to set up match point as China’s Cai Yun goes sprawling in a bid to retrieve the bird.

Source: The Star, 2007

Attached Files:

3. ixory

ixory Regular Member

Doubles Victory Shows M'sians Can Rank Among The Best, Says Abdullah

PUTRAJAYA, March 12 (Bernama) -- The spirit of "Malaysia Boleh" shown by the Malaysian team who won the All-England men's doubles title in Birmingham yesterday indicated that Malaysia and Malaysians could rank among the best in the world, Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi said Monday.

The prime minister said the Malaysians' spirit, faith and values would determine whether Malaysia and Malaysians could achieve the desired position.

Abdullah on behalf of the Malaysians congratulated Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong for winning the title.

"We got back what we lost 25 years ago," he said in his acceptance speech after being conferred the Napoleon Hill Foundation Global Leadership Award at the Putrajaya International Convention Centre, here.

Abdullah said he watched the match and described it as a very exciting moment.

"I am happy they have won. I have tried to call them. Surprisingly, the prime minister could not get in touch with them," he said in jest.

The duo defeated world champions and top seeds Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng of China in the final match 21-15, 21-18 for the title at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham.

Razif and Jalani Sidek were the last Malaysian pair to secure the title in 1982.

>>Even PM said it an exiting games..hah:D

#43 ixory, Mar 11, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2007
  4. xxept0

xxept0 Regular Member

Woohoo! Damn straight they did. :D

Those guys did great. I shouted till I grew hoarse. My throat is still a little scratchy. xD

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    while some other malaysian got itchy throat:p

So, we all just watched an itchy and scratchy show?:p

#45 cooler, Mar 11, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2007
  6. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Thanks for the correction and sorry for posting my previous message without doing proper research. They have actually met 4 times to date and the results were in pendulum manner ...

JO 2nd round - MAS won (21-12, 14-21, 21-17)
    Asiad team SF - KOR won (21-14, 23-21)
    Asiad MD Round of 16 - MAS won (21-18, 21-14)
    KO SF - KOR won (21-10, 21-18)

That means LJJ/HJM is the only pair in the world who has beaten KKK/TBH twice to date.

7. malaysiangirl

malaysiangirl Regular Member

I am so happy and don't know how to express the feelings by seeing Malaysian Doubles winning the All England title.

Good Luck to them for the forth coming tournaments and be mentally prepared.Rexy(coach) done his best and hats off to him.

I hope after this,men's single could show some suprises as the doubles.All it depends on their mental strength.

Anyways good luck to all of them.

8. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Yeah, and the Koreans and TG/CW are the only ones so far that have been able to beat Koo/Tan in international competitions.

9. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

BAM, Rexy and their respective families/colse friends must help them realise their full potential. Staying humble and not letting achievements go to their head will make them great champions in the years to come.

10. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    but in AE, LJJ and HJM wasnt teamed up together right? This Korean pair was one of my favourite too, i foresee them overtaking LYD as Korea's top pair in near future.

11. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

Thanks so much, looking forward to download this torrent. Please post it here when it is done :)

12. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Just goes on to show how little Malaysians actually win. If Hu Jintao does that everytime a Chinese wins something, where will he find the time to run the country?

13. JustmeUK

JustmeUK Regular Member

14. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Exactly. Malaysia is a relatively small country both in terms of its overall strength and its achievement in sports. I don't see any problem that they cherish and celebrate every single achievement at the world-class level.

Those who are/were living in the Southeast Asia region could probably recall how Brunei celebrated the first medal (Bronze medal some more, if I'm not wrong) they won at the SEA Games back in 1980s.

15. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    they are just awesome.... apparently, i wonder if they will suffer a downfall...
    hope NOT!!!

16. Dimduo_81

Dimduo_81 Regular Member

Congrats!

I have the pair will be HUMBLE ALWAYS and DON'T UNDERESTIMATE future opponents! Work hard! Also, a BIG THANK YOU to REXY! He was the backbone all the way and roots to winning this match.

Lets not forget our other pairs, they played well but also must never underestimate the opponents or play fancy shots. I see a future in our doubles team, not only KKK/TBH shouldering the responsibility but also the rest of the teams!

17. Dimplex

Dimplex Regular Member

student
    LOL i remember that...:)

18. sherlyn

sherlyn Regular Member

Ya, that's naughty and funny :D LOL...

Congratz to KKK/TBH for the great winning and the great match!
    Big THANKS to REXY!! Happy belated birthday!! LMAO!!
    proud of you all!!

19. doremi

doremi Regular Member

It's badminton for God's sake. Do you even know the importance this sport has played in our country's history! Sheesh.

20. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    hahahahhahaadassa:D:D:D:D:D