All England 2007: Day 5 (3/10) Semi Final

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by Loopy, Mar 9, 2007.

1. jgao_net

jgao_net Regular Member

student
    LOL

MS
    Chen Yu
    over Chen Jin

MD
    Haifeng FU/Yun CAI
    overCandra WIJAYA/Tony GUNAWAN

ERIKSEN/Marrtin LUNDGAARD HANSEN over
    Kien Keat KOO/Boon Heong TAN

i think this last one will be close. im guessing a tight 3 setter

2. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Why there is a (F) in the xd Yang (F) YU/Hanbin HE ? anybody knows?

3. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

Architect Assistant, Piano Teacher

Okay, your view is something worth CONSIDERING, but it is unlikely to happen, because all countries would want the best of themself. Is is not impossible too, however, most of own country coach will only opt for this option if their service is not being appreciated in own country.

It just like India, India can be a good complement to China in igniting the badminton game worldwide in long time ago. India somehow diminished gradually due to some internal reasons. There were simply no encouragement nor support from neighbour countries.

China on the other hand is able to produce many more world-class players compared with India and other countries. I suppose China's government and badminton authorities are more passionate about the game and take pains to nurture and develop their talents at a much earlier age.

As I have said previously, it is quite unlikely sponsorship, guidelines and so on so forth will initially come from them willingly but it can be good a stepping stone. So both local and foreign badminton activities can benefit if big corporations in China and other countries want to join the global community. It can be a real business in turn.

Other Countries badminton authorities will have to make real attempts to develop their local badminton talents quickly so that they can match the best from China. It seems other countries in the West are too interested in badminton as it is getting popular, successful sports which can turn in more profits much faster. Not unless the badminton authorities there decide that they want to be in the same mould, a cooperation, willingness & effort.

Something is needed to be sacrificed in order to achieve something. It is about how to deal with something IMPERFECT PERFECTLY !

4. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    I don't mind watching All Chinese SF or Final as long as there's no walk over for those fake injuries. Limiting the Open to certain quota doesn't make sense, Malaysia had close to 10 MS players and only 1 managed to advance to QF, imagine we only send 3 :crying:
    Li Ling Wei is right, open the door for those who still desire to play but no longer under the national team to compete makes more sense. Chandra and Tony is a very good example and I hope Chen Hong will be allowed to participate even though he's no longer in national team. To make badminton popular, WBF have to commercialize this sport by encourage players to participate as independent body.

5. madbad

madbad Regular Member

First get rid of LYB :D :D

6. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Lin Dan over Bao Chunlai - I'll be surprised if Lin Dan manages to lose. Bao is certainly a great player, but he just doesn't seem to have anything other than his height in his game to really stand out amongst the other top players.

Chen Jin over Chen Yu - I'm very even here. I predicted that Lee Chong Wei might edge out over CY this time but I got this wrong. I'm afraid I'll have to bet against him again. I really feel Chen Jin will win this one :).

Tony Gunawan/Candra Wijaya over Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun - They've been consistent in beating the Chinese pair recently and I think they'll do so again.

Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong over Martin Lungaard Hansen/Jens Eriksen - The Malaysian pair have been great. I love how they put everything into their game. It might be close but I think they can win it in two.

Zhu Lin over Xie Xingfang - Risky prediction, but I think Zhu Lin has been very very impressive lately. It's a tough call.

Zhang Ning over Pi Hongyan - I'd love Pi Hongyan to win and make things interesting, but I'd also like Zhang Ning to win her AE. And I don't think Pi will be able to stop her.

Gao Ling/Huang Sui over Zhang Yawen/Wei Yili - GL/HS better win as I paid a lot for them on Badminton Manager :D.

Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen over Wong Pei Tty/Chin Eei Hui - End of the road for the MAS pair. Chinese too strong.

Gao Ling/Zheng Bo over Yang (F) - ? Yu/He Hanbin - Sick of typing.

Zhang Yawen/Xie Zhongbo over Anthony Clark/Donna Kellogg - Sick of typing.

7. spaceshuttle

spaceshuttle Regular Member

ALL England Open -> might as well be > ALL CHINESE OPEN Affairs....

8. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Okay, since nobody tells me, I found myself.

The (F) indicates Female. Because there is a Yang YU already who is a male. So an F is used to distinguish them.

By the way, there should not be any surprise to have an all China semis. Look at the ranking for super series:

http://internationalbadminton.org/ssmensingles.asp

Bao CL
    Chen Jin
    Lin Dan
    Chen Yu

are already the top 4 before all England open, just after Korea open. So there is no wonder. Of course, the all England performance will strengthen their rankings.

9. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

By the way, the male Yang YU is Zhang Ning's husband.

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Don't agree.

So, the powerhouses (CHN especially) will be punished because they are too good. When XXZ got left out from the Olympics (due to limited entries per nation), I got such a bad taste in my mouth. How many other sports you see a WC champ and a WC runner up (XXF) can't even make the Olympics team? :eek:

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

MEN'S SINGLES
    Lin Dan vs Bao Chunlai -- Lin Dan has been consistent and unless Bao springs an unlikely surprise, Lin should walk away with another All-England title.

Chen Yu vs Chen Jin -- battle of the Chens. Chen Yu has been showing good results in the past few mths. However, I favor the younger Chen.

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun vs Tony Gunawan/Candra Wijaya -- can the oldies win another All-England title here? I hope so.

Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong vs Jens Eriksen/Martin Lundgaard Hansen -- the Malaysians have the edge...and it will be unthinkable if MAS were to return back without a title.

WOMEN'S SINGLES
    Xie Xingfang vs Zhu Lin -- it could be a happy ending for Xie and Lin this week.

Pi Hongyan vs Zhang Ning -- the old maestro to beat the only non-Chinese player in the semi-final.

WOMEN'S DOUBLES
    Gao Ling/Huang Sui vs Du Jing/Yu Yang -- the senior pair could win their 7th All-England titles.

Wong Pei Tty/Chin Ee Hui vs Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen -- a tough match for the MAS pair....and it's unlikely they will win.

MIXED DOUBLES
    He Hanbin/Yu Yang vs Zheng Bo/Gao Ling -- the senior pair to claim their first All-England title!

Anthony Clark/Donna Kellogg vs Xie Zhongbo/Zhang Yawen -- again, an All-Chinese Final beckons...

12. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

Wooh, u r Live Reporter, faster than ABCs news, haha

13. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    LCW is injured but cant be seen from outsde.......:cool::cool::cool::cool:

14. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

Whoever do not agree, is either give opinion or suggestion just like OneToughBirdie, otherwise is not very nice to condemm others :p

#74 angelatby, Mar 9, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  15. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    kuakuakuakuakua:D:D:D:D:D:D:D bananaboy......does eating fruit help boosting your sense of humour?

16. LI De Quan

LI De Quan Regular Member

student
    My Prediction:

MS
    LD VS BCL
    CY VS CJ

MD
    1,CAI/FU VS Tony/Candra(THREE SETS)
    2,Tony/CandraVS CAI/FU (TWO SETS)
    KKK/TBH VS ERIKSEN/LUNDGAARD HANSEN

WS
    ZN VS PHY
    ZL VS XXF

WD
    YANG/ZHANG VS CEH/WPT
    GAO/HUANG VS WEI/ZHANG

XD
    ZHENG/GAO VS HE/YU
    XIE/ZHANG VS CLARK/KELLOGG

#76 LI De Quan, Mar 9, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  17. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

prediction players into final:

MS: Lin Dan VS Chen Yu

WS : XXF VS ZN

MD: Cai/Fu VS KKK/TBH

WD: Gao Ling/ HUang Sui VS Yang Wei/ZJW

XD: Gao Ling/ ZB VS XZB/ ZYW

18. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

What a dissapoinment again for Indonesia specially in MD and XD. Hendra and partner didnot had the consistency to always play their best. Maybe still need time.

For Nova/Butet, probably lots of XD pairs in the world already know how to play them. Try to made Nova made all unforced errors and you will had big chance to win against them.

Last year we had Indonesia players in SF, this year, none! :(

19. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

I wonder what other nonsense reasons will PBSI give Indonesia badminton fans this time? Maybe lots of players injured and food poisoning????

20. ArmotecDude

ArmotecDude Regular Member

lol, i'm pretty impressed by tony/candra for having reached the semi's...it'll be awesome if they can make it to the finals...and win.

aye, somebody pinch me :D:D:D