Badminton Tournament Fundraising?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by azn_bdmntn_boi, Mar 7, 2007.

1. azn_bdmntn_boi

azn_bdmntn_boi Regular Member

I'm not really sure if this is the right place to post this topic, or if this should even be here, as this is my first time, so please forgive me if I did anything wrong

I have a project for my school that requires me to fundraise money and ship supplies to the poorer areas of the world such as Africa. I was thinking that a baminton tournament would help. My coach could get me black knight t-shirts and then get a 20 dollar tournament entry fee to pay for all the expenses. Do you guys think that this is a good idea, or are there other alternatives to fundraise (I don't want to do a carwash:crying: )

2. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    Well, it depends how popular badminton is in your area. In vancouver it's possible, but I doubt you'd be able to attract the numbers to really fill out the draw with short-term publicity. To be an effective fundraiser, the tournament would have to be integrated into the badminton season's calendar through badminton BC

3. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Carwashing is character building!!!

4. azn_bdmntn_boi

azn_bdmntn_boi Regular Member

I don't think that I'd have a chance to get it on the badminton bc tournament schedule. What I was thinking was that I'd get like all the people that I know and get like different skill levels, because as you might have noticed, there is a BIG difference in technique between someone who plays three to four times a week and someone who doesn't play at all. I have'nt really figured out how much money I can earn, because I don't have a lot of experience in this kind of thing. If I charged a entry fee of 15 dollars, and gave a free t-shirt and draw prizes, would it be reasonable to earn at least 200 dollars?
    ( Right off the top of my head I have like 40 people who play regularly, but I'm not sure if they'll all join)