Taufik Will Play at the AE 2007- BBC

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by jamesd20, Mar 2, 2007.

1. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I personally think, Hafiz will only advance 1 or 2 round further with the absent of TH .....he still have to face LD....!

2. Armotec500

Armotec500 Regular Member

Hehehe i really don't mind that coz' i am Hafiz's die hard supporter...I just want Bro Hafiz to play his very best against his opponents including LD...win or loose, it doesn't matter for me :cool:

Anyway, all the best to Bro Hafiz, LCW,KKK/TBH and all MAS Players & coaches :D

3. saugusli

saugusli Regular Member

Yes. Taufik will not be coming. So I just said: Good Luck to Hafiz's (his scare was gone now)...HHAAa...

4. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Err, being scared is not in Hafiz's nature. Committing irregular mistakes, losing consistency, and playing too many fancy shots are his weaknesses.

About half of Hafiz's defeats are due to these. The other half was because the opponents were better, but he was never scared of them.

But for the 1st 2 SS tournaments so far, he has played decently.

5. Armotec500

:D:D:D
    Early Scare = Surprise Success Later :p:rolleyes:

#65 Armotec500, Mar 6, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  6. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

'Later one of the team officials said thay Taufik had withdrawn "because he was not physically prepared".'

I can see that statement being used against him :rolleyes:.

7. Armotec500

I agree 100% with you Abedeng...Hafiz will rise and shine this year :D:p

8. volcom

volcom Regular Member

"I’m so disappointed with my loss today but I'm happy with the fans supporting me in the stadium - it really makes it exciting. Lin Dan played well today and I made some mistakes especially in second set. Malaysian Open is not what I want, in fact I’m targeting to be ranked world number 1 and to be ALL ENGLAND Champion. It’s still missing from my collection as I won the Olympic, World Championships and Asian Games"

9. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

It's a shame... he always has next year but if he retires after Olympics like he said then it will be his last chance! I guess if anything good comes out of it (apart from Hafiz getting a free ticket into the next round :D), it's that next years AE will be very exciting :).

10. volcom

volcom Regular Member

This kind of work ethic is just ridiculous evern for the MO
    "After the Asia games, I have trained only for a week. But I think that I will still be up to the challenge against Lin Dan. But it will be tough."

In other words I am better...
    "“He has the better record over me but I have beaten him in all the major tournaments. He is the world number one but I have held that position before. He is the world champion and I have won the world title before.”

Bad eggs

Taufik said that he preferred to play against top Dane Peter Gade-Christensen or Chong Wei.

“They are friendly players. They give their best on court and maintain a good relationship off-court,” he said.

11. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Indeed, he knows he cannot beat top so many matches consecutively with his fitness.

BTW Nelson is the sunniest place in windy rainy NZ :p, I used live in New Plymouth and Auckland :cool:

12. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Who are you to tell him who he should prefer to play? LCW said the same thing in an interview during the WC last year (that he would rather play PG than LD). I love how you and all the other anti-Taufik people on this forum twist his words. He was simply stating why it would be a close and tough match. This blatant Taufik bashing really annoys me. There are so very few threads it doesn't come up in...

Edit: You're right about Nelson though :eek:, it is great here :D. Sorry if my post came across wrong, I'm just annoyed right now at the amount of anti-THness.

#72 phaarix, Mar 6, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Confusion, Confusion!!

Reported in our major paper, The Straits Times, today:

Taufik listed in draw, despite reports of row with officials

"Meanwhile the organisers (of AE) expect Olympic champion Taufik Hidayat to play despite media reports that he has withdrawn.

The Indonesian star is due to meet Malaysia's Hafiz Hashim in the first round at the National Indoor Arena when the tournament begins today.

Reports claimed he had pulled out after a row with his national association.

But tournament director Darren Parks told BBC Sport: "To date, we have had no withdrawal from Taufik.

"After seeing the news reports we contacted the Indonesian Badminton Association for confirmation, but they came back and said 'We don't know why you are asking'.

"So, officially, Taufik is still in the tournament." :)

14. yannie

yannie Regular Member

15. Alaric

Alaric Regular Member

IT Consultant
    It's not been official posted on the Badminton England website that he has withdrawn. I think it is very sad. :(

I was really hoping to see him play. Oh well, maybe next year!