MSSD-Feb 5

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by Joanne, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    So how did you do? Gold? No idea when MSSS is, but should be pretty soon after MSSD(which is taking 2 weeks!!!).

2. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    Thats quite long, my competition for boys U-18 finished in like 2 days, both doubles and singles. Girls u-18 as well, 2 days. But of course , all the categories are held separately at different dates.

I guess you haven played yet Joanne, dont forget to update us on your results and wish you good luck.

3. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Lol maybe other states smaller lah. My district alone 65 school taking part. Boys will usually have to play 5 qualifying rounds before reaching even the quarter finals.

Fortunately girls only have to go through 3 rounds before the QF stage.

Draw out already! But I don't know yet, today public holiday so couldn't see my teacher...:( Will find out first thing tomorrow in the morning.. will harrass her.. poor teacher, the whole school team seeing her at different times over different things. Lol.

MSSD will be on from 5th Feb till 16th Feb. Thanks Jasper, will do my best. :)

4. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Just got the draw. Girls will have to play 4 qualifying rounds before QF, guys playing 5 rounds to reach QF.

Very surprised, found out my doubles partner and I are seeded. Means we will be waiting in the QF. It's a pleasant surprise though, didn't expect to be seeded. Could be because my partner won the doubles bronze last year with another partner.. but then her old partner wasn't seeded.. she was. Oh well, I'm not complaining.

In singles.. as usual meeting my favourite old opponent.. she beats me everytime. In 3rd round. haiz. Not even in QF. Oh well, I wasn't putting much hope on singles anyway, I don't exactly love singles. Doubles is a better faster game and more exciting one, IMHO anyway.

They are doing it the sexist way again.. only girls singles U15 & U18 play this Monday. Don't like it when they separate guys and girls..:cool: The whole team can't go and cheer.. maybe that's the point lah. Don't want too much noise. Haha.

Any last minute advice? On doubles of course. I'm not gonna bother much for singles, just give it my all, but I really love doubles, not singles.

:)

Btw, any of you wanna know who and who is playing etc just ask me, I have the draw.

5. Darma Sucipto

Darma Sucipto Regular Member

aiya.. i wan to join mssd la dis year. My skol best pair that i used to beat is 2nd seed this year!!!!:crying::crying:. so wasted, i should have stay in skol!

6. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Hahaha... if everyone stayed the younger fellas die lah.. :p

7. alvinlai

alvinlai Regular Member

Legal Counsel
    Well perhaps they decided that enough is enough? And if they are going to implement it, it will happen sooner or later. Just a matter of time. Oh well, just sneak it in anyways.

8. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Hahaha... ironically enough they were selling 100plus outside the hall.. just outside the hall. :rolleyes:

Anyway, lost my singles, waiting to play QF this Monday for doubles. Just win 1 game and we have at least a bronze in hand...:) Gonna try to win. Duh. Lol. But shoulder giving a bit of problem lah haiz.

9. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Bronze for doubles. Pretty close game in the semis though, lost 17-21, 18-21. With the new system it's really hard to catch up. We tried to catch up from 7-15 but was too late at 16-18.

Oh well, not bad an achievement for my first and last year in U18(unless I enter form 6). :)

10. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant

Congrats, same as me, lol. So i guess you didnt make it for the mssm in Terrenganu.

11. blessing

blessing Regular Member

yo everybody.. my MSSD was over.. phew.. i tot it is not MSSD anymore.. i think it should be.. Masjlis Sukan-sukan Malaysia Negeri X Daerah Z.. for example.. MAjlis sukan-sukan malaysia negeri johor daerah batu pahat [MSSMNJ BP].. kinda troublesome.. muahaha.. n i got 3rd place in girl's singles U18.. in my district.. each of everyone of us jux can play only 1 game due to shortage of players in our district.. we cannot play singles n doubles.. have to choose either of them.. sounds sux yea.. our state level competition will b held in johor bahru.. n MSSMwill b in terengganu yea.. sorry for me.. i was not selected to go for centralise training to represent my district.. :crying: :crying: :crying:

12. blessing

blessing Regular Member

haha..team events.. my sch won d champion back.. lolz.. in my district.. d team event is like dis.. each player qualified at least for d semi finals.. there's a point to collect.. for eg.

gold -10pts
    silver -7pts
    3rd place -6pts
    4th place -5pts

n my sch got 1 gold, 1 silver,1 3rd place and 2 4th places.. so altogether we collected 33 points n we r d champ.. muahaha..

13. blessing

blessing Regular Member

lolz.. faint.. our MSSD usually only takes 1 and a half day to finish.. but jux U15 and U18.. no U12..

14. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Hehe, ours no U12 too. If U12 included don't know how long we'll be playing.. lol! Had to use 2 halls too.

Jas, MSSM??? Gila! Hahaha. I'm from Selangor you know.. in the Petaling district somemore... :rolleyes:

Actually was hoping to enter MSSS cause I can actually beat some of the Petaling district players.. hahaha but since the officials don't know that...:cool:

But anyhow, back to studies now, SPM ain't an easy year. :p

15. fishnet wen*yi

fishnet wen*yi Regular Member

student
    is petaling the best district for msss?

16. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

I'm not sure, but it is among the better ones. I think Hulu Langat is quite good too.

17. verve_pipe

verve_pipe Regular Member

student~!duh...
    usually semi finals will be btw hulu langat, gombak and petaling. so these three are among the best distict...i guess

18. fishnet wen*yi

fishnet wen*yi Regular Member

student
    ah... i see i see... thx! ^^ so is the msss tournament over already? mssm is quite soon...

19. verve_pipe

verve_pipe Regular Member

student~!duh...
    msss is not over yet. still going on i believe! this week and it's in kuala selangor if im not mistaken

20. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    No, i mean the grand finals in terrenganu. I am so confused with all the mssm, msssm, msss.