MJStrings

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by cycilver, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Vtlegend

Vtlegend Regular Member

There is no warrenty off mj that's why I'm concerned that it's made in 2004 =)

2. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    The warrenty is generally aruond 6 months officially from the date it is purchased. It's not set in stone but it can be covered longer than that. The warrenty is in effect as long as it is purchase from an authorized dealer.

Yonex Canada will not take care of the warrenty because they only care of their distribution and must be purchased from an authorized dealer. Yonex Singapore, they may not take care of it since they are not an authorized for SP - if they do, it's probably under free will.

#22 Matt, Feb 14, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  3. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    supernova,

I was not quite answer your full quesiton since it was based on an unauthorized dealer. This also applies to certain authorized dealers carrying SP coded rackets as well (no warrenty for those of course), and they have been warned by Yonex as well. That is still going on and the authorized stores hanging low. You would be suprized at the awkward places those stores put the SP rackets in when you spot them.

To properly answer your question. If racket is purchased from an authorized shop, you would need to bring the racket back to where it was purchased, or contact the proper Yonex subsidary/distributor.

4. liddokun

liddokun Regular Member

Student =D
    I have bought from him, and his service is excellent. Not only are the prices fair, he was very cooperative. I ordered a Carbonex 20 Tour Special from him, and I love this racquet. And about Max Sports, I tried them, but didn't end up buying from them because they didn't offer high end carbonex racquets. MJ is able to get you hard to find racquets as well. Highly recommended. Very patient guy.

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Different ppl have different priority list when they make a purchase. Therefore, the down selection could be very much different.

If the price tag is the most attractive thing for you, then mjstrings carry a good deal when compare to most CD coded rackets. However, from your post, seems warranty is the #1 concern, then, better off to purchase a CD coded racket from a local authorized dealer. However, 1 thing in mind is, Yonex warranty only covers manufacture defect. In theory, breakage caused by stringing (bad job, way higher tension, etc) or mis-usage (clash, mis-hit, use as a baseball bat, etc) are NOT covered. Of course, you can be lucky to get away, but it's still the policy. ;)

6. Brady

Brady Regular Member

I personally did not try the service from MJ. I have no comments. But I do restring at MAX SPORTS. I would like to share my experience with you all.

I restrung at maxsports to give him (Michael, the owner/stringer) a try because he seems to provide a reasonable stringing price. The string was broken after a couple of hours. I asked him why. He was very friendly and asked me to bring the rackets back. He said it may be my string ( I uesed my own string: Ashaway MP) and my playing style ( I told him that I did a lot of missing of sweet spot). He offered me a 65ti for free and challenged me to broke it. This kind of responsible service made me very comfortable. After that, I restrung all rackets at MaxSports since then. I used a roll of Ashaway of PowerGut 65 power. Everything is fine till now.

I enjoy MaxSports service. I will keep going there. BTW, I found the bags there are also very good. I did not notice the rackets because I do not use yonex rackets.

7. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Yonex Canada seems to be lenient on this when it comes to something other than a manufacturing defect. Assumption is depending on the severity of the racket.

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I agree. Similar for Yonex US. I think Yonex want to use the good customer services in north american market to balance off some disadvantage from the higher price tag. :rolleyes:

9. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Yup I agree. I wish could get some rackets from the US market but the grip size is 1 size too big for me. Someone needs to talk to the GM of them to bring in some grip size varieties.

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1. The "purchase date" is different from the "manufacture date". The racket is still a new racket, as it's never been used before. The 2004 MP100 hold the same value as any later date coded MP100. It's not like the high tech product, as the value decreases significantly over time. In addition, MP100 is discontinued in a lot of regions. Therefore, the availability is limited in a way to begin with.

2. Technically, any retailer is not requested to give discount to begin with. If you get a lower than listed deal, good for you. If not, there's still nothing wrong about it.

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I believe most Yonex in US are G4, and CD are G3. What do you mean by 1 size too big? :rolleyes:

12. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    LB,

I can only use G5 or G4.5 rackets. This is before factoring the overgrip on top of them.

CD rackets come in G3, G4 and G5. A few years back, they even had the G2 size.

13. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    My hand is pretty small as well, therefore, G4 with overgrip is simply too big for me. The way i do is to remove the original grip, and put 2 layers of overgrip instead. The trade off is, the balance will be shifted a bit more toward the head.

14. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1. Paypal does offer protection program.

2. It's always the buyer's responsibility to do the research before making purchase. Being a "newbie" is not an excuse in any cases, otherwise, anyone can self claim to be a newbie, and asking for refund.

3. If you don't have enough knowledge, consult with more experienced ppl around you. Reading this forum or email Yonex HQ can also be a good way to start. If no enough research being done, there's nothing much to blame others.

4. How to check the date code? There's something call email or phone. Or even ask for a pic of the racket attached in a email.

5. Why the 2004 MP100 is not new? It's never been used. It holds the same value as 2005, 2006 or 2007 ones. It's not like purchase computer, 3 years bring a super machine into a pile of garbage. :cool:

15. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

I agree.

The thing bothers me sometimes, is I see a lot of ppl trying to finger point others, and never take their own shares of responsibility. Once there's a conflict, they always sound like, "I am perfect clean, the other party is the bad @$$". "Hey, I paid $$$, so, you have to treat me like a god, read my mind, even if there's 1% off from perfection, I will blame you". :cool:

Give me a break, please... :(

16. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Yup, I guess you can do that. I prefer to keep the stock grip on top.

17. RSX

RSX Regular Member

I'm not sure what you think is misleading. Based on my experience date codes are not important to most people, as long as the racquet is new and real. Can you imagine if I gave all details to every racquet inquiry I received ?

Like I said, if he would have asked for the info, I would have had no problem providing the codes, and in fact, I had 3 pieces I could have seen if there was a later dated one. That is not something that needs to be checked in person. The problem is this information became important after the purchase, in which case I can not do anything.

Regarding Paypal, that was his preference (I prefer cash). You're right I would not issue a refund, because he had confirmed that he wanted the racquet and I made arrangements to bring the racquet with me and to meet him downtown, since he was in a rush to get the racquet. However if there was an agreed upon condition, I would certainly refund the paypal payment.

Regards.

18. flyingcards

flyingcards New Member

Just got my MP-99 Genuine racquet from MJ. Great guy, great racquets, great deals. Highly recommended.

I will expect to get more things from him. *thumbs up*

Tom

19. chubbzz

chubbzz Regular Member

Just adding another recommendation for mjstrings. :) I haven't dealt with him personally but my friend has purchased a few rackets from him. His stuff is genuine and he responds promptly. And he's willing to work out good deals. If you're iffy about dealing with him, you really needn't be.

20. 2007fp

2007fp Regular Member

Student
    I have just drop off my racquet 2day at downtown location for a some string jobs, will let you know about it, so far so good.