MJStrings

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by cycilver, Feb 12, 2007.

1. cycilver

cycilver Regular Member

Student
    has anyone bought any yonex rackets off this guy? is his stuff really genuine?

2. MusclePower100

MusclePower100 Regular Member

I bought Yonex Appeal from him and he is legit, he responds within 24 hours. I recommend ordering from him.

3. drifterXL

drifterXL Regular Member

didnt buy a racket from him, but i bought a bag from him today. met up with him downtown today, everything was as we discussed, and we met up at the set time. great guy, responds promptly to emails and is willing to work out something reasonable. my first time EVER communicating with someone online, then meeting up to buy something. i can see myself buying other things from him in the future :)

#3 drifterXL, Feb 12, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  4. Vtlegend

Vtlegend Regular Member

I dont recommend him at all. Reasons?

Sold me a racquet thats made in 2004 (I'm new to badminton)
    I didn't know that till *Maxsport told me it was made in 2004 and how its a old stock blah blah...

Wouldn't cut me any slack on the racquets I wanted... (Not even 5 bucks)

/ Only offered to give a 5 bucks discount If I buy 3 racquets (over 400 bucks value)

I have to admit that he replies to emails fast and his prices are lowest in gta (AS far as I know) But if you really want to save 40 bucks or so on getting a racquet thats made 3-4 years back with no warrenty then that's the place for you...

The store I would truely recommend is Maxsport (Owner is Micheal) Me and a friend bought a racquet off him yesterday and the service is excellent. He will tell you honestly what's good with what, and what's not. He recommendation was real fab. He will cut you some slack if you need it (That's expenses). Seeing is believing so run through max sport service and see if I'm right or wrong. =)

Vt

5. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    The only reason why Max Sports said that is because he wants you to buy racquets from him. The date that the racquet was produced doesn't really matter much at all. I've bought from MJstrings and his service was excellent and also, there are racquets he sells that don't exist here (such as new Ti-10) and so far, many of us here have had perfect if not excellent experiences with him so no doubt I will go back to MJstrings when I need equipment.

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Yeah I would have to agree. If you wanted a new stock, you could of asked MJStrings that you wanted to have a latest date code as possible or something of that nature to see if he can help you out on that.

Personally, I want latest date code myself, even thou I have not purchased on MJ, I had either walked into the local shop and look at the date codes myself, or send an email to an online shop and ask them for the date code and see if they can find the latest out out of their stock.

7. Vtlegend

Vtlegend Regular Member

By saying that I asumme you've never been to maxsport have you? He's a new *Authorized dealer* in gta. As I said his recommendation are fab, meaning he doesnt recommend whats the most expensive but the most excellent to go with anything. What I wrote is my share of what I think of mj strings. Forsure I know me and my friends are never going back to mj but instead we'll support a legit authorized dealer. As I've said before for those who wishes to save a few bucks on a racquet thats made a few years back with Absolutely no warrenty be My guest to buy off mj =) My recommendation of maxsport over mj is absolute

8. Vtlegend

Vtlegend Regular Member

Urm I don't think you really read what I said, AS I had mentioned I'm fairly "NEW" to badminton... He told me he just received his pre order that he ordered a few weeks ago and its all good. Plus who could've known anyone is still selling a racquet thats made 3 years back? As far as I know SP RACQUETS sell very quickly (Correct me If im wrong) SO 2004 stock shouldn't still be there which is supposedly suppose to be pre ordered fresh from sp. Well I guess everyone could call me stupid for not knowing but I guess that's just a bad experience then =) I don't hold any personal grudge against him jfyi :)

9. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    I have heard of Max Sports and it was because I heard about this store that would not make me purchase from him. The reason for saying this is that I really don't like his advertising. The first time I ever heard about this store was when the owner PM'ed me on bcf and asked me if I got a ns9k yet? If not, then you can come get it from me etc. Quite frankly, I really hate it when this sort of thing happens. You can say I am sort of arrogant but customers are always right, right? As for MJstrings, he never recommended me to buy the most expensive thing off his inventory since your statement seems to state that idea. Anyways, I am getting tired of these sort of discussions so I am going to end it here. If you want, we can continue this elsewhere but as it stands now, I have no problems with MJstrings and since the location of Max Sports is very inconvenient for me, I would most likely purchase from other authorized dealers if need be.

10. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    VTlegend: You're commenting negatively on a PUBLIC forum on a place of business based on INSUFFICIENT KNOWLEDGE, and feeling a little insulted because you had to pay the LISTED price.

Public opinion makes or break businesses. You'll need to ensure you have adequate backing and plausible reasons to tar the image of a business.

-dave

#10 wood_22_chuck, Feb 13, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  11. Vtlegend

Vtlegend Regular Member

I'm Only commenting what the title is based on. Please read the first post and the title to yourself DOES WHAT I say not follow along with it? AND I'm only making my opinion ON my own self experience with this place. I DONT HAVE TO SHARE THIS But i chose to incase there is someone who agrees with what I say.

Tired of replying Im off have fun guys just choose what ever you think is best are long as your satisfied then everything is good =)

12. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Yes I understand you are new. Here is the thing, if the distributor still has existing stock of a product produced earlier (other than something which has an expiry date or goes bad over time, you get the idea), don’t you think they would get that stock out as well? Well in any case, the old and new stock is mixed in, and they probably do not care because it is still a new product.

If it were from an authorized store, the racket is still considered valid warranty from the day it is purchase regardless when it was produced. I can walk into several stores in person and see various date codes from 2004 to 2006. I do not recall if I have seen earlier than that, but if I did, that was back then.

I purchased a few of same Yonex model racket around 2005-2006. The date codes I had were 2003, 2004 and one which had the old serial engrave since it was produced before year 2000. I'm cool with it, has warrenty.

#12 Matt, Feb 13, 2007
  13. RSX

RSX Regular Member

Hi Vt,

I'm assuming you're the one who just bought an mp100 from me (I did not know your handle here).

I think it's fine you share your opinion, it's your right. But since your post is full of inaccurate info, I will need to correct the details of the transaction.

I sold you the MP-100 for $165 including a free pack of BG-65 Ti string. Since you wanted the best possible price, I advised that this my best price for a cash deal, if you use Paypal I would add a $4.50 surcharge. You chose Paypal.

My regular price for MP-100 is $170 and for a single pack of BG-65 TI $8, for a total of $178. You paid $165, total discount is $13.

You emailed me today indicating:

1. The racquet was genuine but made in 2004
    2. That I gave you different strings than advertised on my website (something about durability and repulsion)

I replied indicating:

re Made in 2004 - That I don't control the inventory of my supplier, and if were looking for a specific date code, I recommended you check before making any future purchases anywhere. I said I had 3 pieces, and I would have been glad to check the dates for you, if you had asked about them.

re strings - I asked you to clarify what you meant, because you asked for BG-65 Ti and that is what I gave you. I did not (and still don't) understand what you meant by the wrong strings.

Also, if you recall you asked about 5 different racquets. If I just wanted to sell you any racquet, I would not have discouraged from getting the at300 in stock. You asked for all sorts of discounts on top of what I already offered, I told you I'm sorry but I already gave you my best price.

We never discussed ordering 3 racquets, you asked for a quote on 2 racquets (AT-500 & MP-88) and the quote I gave you included a $30 discount.

After all the back and forth emails, here is an excerpt of what you emailed me:

Just remember, no retailer is obliged to provide discounts. Please ensure any future posts here are accurate.

Thanks.

14. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    Regardless of what some people might have said, MJstrings is run by one person, and he is reliable, he met up with me at MY convient location, which is going the extra mile in my mind. His racquets are top notch, strings are the BEST prices you'll ever find, and he is a nice and friendly person. Good prices, great quality, reliable service, friendly and nice. WOW this sounds like the opposites of Browns! hahaha j/k...not really.

15. nibaxiang

nibaxiang Regular Member

@Muddy_Elephant
    Frankly, I haven't done any business with MJStrings. But I'd like to share my opinion on this, because I've read too many posts regarding this store recently.

The bottom line is, a business can NOT satisfy everybody.

Based on my very limited experience of selling my used rackets on BC, I feel that there are too many people always asking for something more / extra, even they know that's NOT reasonable / possible. I can imagine what a tough job it is for RSX to run a racket store even.

Anyway, life moves on regardless whatever people say.

Have a good day. :)

16. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    Yes, I must agree with the post others have said here. VT, I bear no grudge toward you, as each person is free to express their own opinion. About the racquet being made in 2004, Browns sports, Yo's, Winning Cycle and sports, Mandarin and Lee's all sell racquets dating back to 2003, 2004. MJStrings provides a (if I may say so) 'barter' service in which the racquets you bought are already lower than the regular retail price. According to RSX's post,

"My regular price for MP-100 is $170 and for a single pack of BG-65 TI $8, for a total of $178. You paid $165, total discount is $13. "

At all other retailers, MP-100 (brand new, produced in 2004) sell for $269.99 (Or was it $279.99 at Browns? It's been awhile since I've been there), BG-65ti sells for roughly $15 + tax. I am not sure of what Maxsports offers, but already you are recieving a great deal on racquets for just $165, which isnt even enough to get some racquets at the other stores. You also made some claim for Maxsports giving you great recommendations, which is probably true, but then again you never stated that you wanted opinions/recommendations from MJstrings, I'm sure he would have given you excellent advice if you had requested it. Like I said before, I have dealt with MJstrings on 2 occasions, 1 was when I bought a racquet from him, and the other was when I bought 5 packs of BG-80 and a racquet bag. He offered great discounts already by selling the BG-80 for $7, but he went the extra mile by offering me 5% off since I met him through BC and an even further discount if I bought 5 packs. He had NO OBLIGATION to offer me ANY discounts, and just so you know, I would have been happy buying BG-80 for $7 each. We live on contrasting sides of Toronto, him being far up north and downtown when working, and I was located in the middle and to the west. He took time out of his own personal life to meet me at my convient location to make a $90 transaction. Personally, I wouldn't even give an effort like that to sell off my racquet for 120$ haha. Although you are new to badminton, you should really do your research before making such a post that defames an establishment. We can fix broken bones, but we can't fixed a tarnished reputation.

EDIT: Sigh, my grammar is horrible. Had to edit this post 2 times.

#16 GunBlade008, Feb 13, 2007
  17. LJ1000F

LJ1000F Regular Member

I had the same excellent experience with dealing with him

18. 2asian

2asian Regular Member

I can understand Vtlegend's point, because if one were to go purchase a new racquet, one would expect the racquet be up to date not a 2004 racquet. Clearly, Vtlegend is new to the buying racquets and he never paid attention about the date when the racquet was made. RSX, you said that he should of check the stuff out before he purchased it but i find that's misleading because if he paid you by paypal, how is he going to check the stuff in person and say " No, i don't want to buy it anymore. " It's not like your going to give back his money LOL!!!

19. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    What's the big deal with getting a 2004 production model? As long it is in mint condition, who cares?!? We are talking about food that can go bad.

20. supernova

supernova Regular Member

senior software developer
    I'd like to add something to the discussion.

vtlegend mentioned he had purchased a 2004 SP Yonex MP100.
    I'm wondering how the warranty of this racquet covers?
    If something goes wrong before the warranty expires (which I hope not), would I have to send it back to Singapore by myself or the dealer from whom I made the purchase? Or it can be handled by Yonex Canada?

The WARRANTY COVERAGE would be one of THE MOST IMPORTANT thing
    in my checklist before a purchase.

In my humble opinion, if I quote a price, I'd really like to see
    in the response a complete list of spec. of the product including:
    make and model, year of make, warranty coverage........