NS 7700, AT700 or Other?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Artierius, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Artierius

Artierius Regular Member

Hi everyone,

I was wondeirng if anyone would be able to give me a racquet recommendation. I currently use a Black Knight Shuttle Ti (you probably haven't heard of it; my coach designed it and BK manufactures it for him, but it is similar in weight and balance to the MP88, but a little lighter and a little less head heavy but with the same amount of flex). I have no problem doing control shots with it, but i am having a little trouble generating enough power in my smashes and clears. I was wondering if there were any suggestions? I was considering the NS7700 or the AT700, but im not sure if these would suit me. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. v1nc3nt

v1nc3nt Regular Member

Have you considered the Forza brand of racquets? Their Kevlar and their Ti models are quite good :)

3. avengers88

avengers88 Regular Member

carlton nano pro 9900 is good ..
    i've tried it

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If only from these 2, I think NS7700 (in theory) should be a better fit, as At700 is significantly head heavier, which might require quite a change in your play, at least for a period of time at the beginning.

However, you should be able to demo many more choices, and not only limited within Yonex range. Let your hand to answer your own questions. ;)

5. network

network Regular Member

Engineer
    I suggest you the Kason TSF-100Ti. Light and powerful.
    AT700 is very different from NS7700, altought I have not got the chance to try 7700.
    AT700 is stiff, similar to Ti10. If you got enough power and like smashing, it is an ideal racket to use. NS7700 should be more flex.

6. virtualkidneys!

virtualkidneys! Regular Member

if you got really quick clear and smash action go for the at700 as the shaft is stiff and if you got a really slow one then go for the 7700.

7. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    I would say umm demo the racquets first. That's the best bet.

8. killersmash

killersmash Regular Member

if u are advanced - pro level you should use at 700 because if u are intermidiate it will be hard to use.. firstly it is hard to use because it is extra stiff ( which means that u must have a dam fast swing speed to make it produce a powerful hit ) secondly nanospeed 7700 is headlight but surprisingly it gives lots of power too

9. Artierius

Artierius Regular Member

Thanks for everyone's input, I think I'm going to go with the NS7700 :)

10. Nanaokimi

Nanaokimi Regular Member

Student
    New AT900 Power&Technique

I went to a badminton shop near my house here in Tokyo Yesterday.They will start selling the latest AT900 racket next month.So for those who are thingking to buy an AT700,why dont U wait and try the new AT900 first.If the new one is better,I have to sell one of my AT700...