Looking for advanced players to casually teach HS student(s)

Discussion in 'USA West' started by Happy_Daniel, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Happy_Daniel

Happy_Daniel Regular Member

:confused:Anyone who thinks they're at an advanced level and would like to teach highschool student(s)? (I hope I didn't sound too arrogant or cocky or anything its hard to put it in a nice tone or I might just sound desperate.)
    My friends and I go to EVC (Evergreen Valley College) open gym on fridays or Smash City on Saturdays. Apparently the saying "When the student is ready, the teacher appears." quote is totally untrue. We're nice people, at least thats what I think XD. If theres anyone out there, please reply otherwise we can just meet up and have a friendly match if you'd like. :) Cheers.

2. wooden_racket

wooden_racket Regular Member

You might want to try going to Bintang. There are a handful of good players there and they are usually willing to play against or help out high school students. And if not, then you can always ask Phu (the head coach there). He is usually behind the counter. He is very friendly and I've seen players go up to him and ask for tips/advice on their games. If you're lucky, he might even be willing to play against you and offer you advice afterwards on how to improve your game. Good luck!

3. MidBadder

MidBadder Regular Member

Engineer
    Yes. Phu is very friendly but whoever play there are not always that friendly. They are very selecttive to play with ( especially those who think they are better than you). :( So if you guys are nice then you might not be playing with them at all especially when there is crowded.

Back to the topic, for high schooler you may work on your fundamental skills, like foot work, high clear, drive and drop etc.... Play games with those better than you is not that helpful for you to improve.

4. Happy_Daniel

Happy_Daniel Regular Member

I live kind of far away from Bintang... I've never been there before so, yeah thats basically it.

5. Lefty

Lefty Regular Member

Sales
    Hi Happy Daniel,

I think one of the quesiton you should think about is how dedicated are you to badminton?

What is your goal in badminton?

Do you just want to win your league title? Winning CCS? or be a National level player?

I'm sure there are people who is willing to help you, but if the good players spend time to train you but you're not dedicated to the sports then what is the point?

If you want to improve, simply start out jumping rope for 30min everyday. That will help your game tremendously.