Survey!!!!!!please Answer

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by azn_123, Dec 8, 2006.

1. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    I'm just wondering which club/place you learn badminton at. How old are you and what group/level of play are you. Thanks for replying!:)

2. dex

dex Regular Member

Student
    Why don't you start with your biography?

3. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    I started badminton at the age of 7 at a private club. I was in tears on the way home from dance lessons in the car, because I hated them so much but my parents were convinced I'd be a dancer. On the way home we passed a sign that said, "Badminton lessons for 7 and 8 year olds.", my dad noticed it, and the rest is history.

4. вוяםәә

вוяםәә Regular Member

I started playing badminton about 4 months ago, and am currently in my School's Grade 8 Bantam Badminton Team. I don't specifically learn badminton, I pretty much started out playing leisurely.. then I tried out for the badminton team, which got me into competitive, as I am now. And I'm only 13. With the least experience in my whole team.

5. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    I see, I've heard that cleartwo is pretty good at teaching ppl. PLuse they have the good flooring. Never went there before but I might learn there.

6. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

Anything with Daryl Young running it is quality.

7. disturbed baddy

disturbed baddy Regular Member

Student
    i started badminton 2 years ago in my local and only badminton halls after a freind introduced me. i played 3 times a week at least 2 hours each time. kept at it until my island sparted a development squad (to devlop island players). and ive been to 2 sessions of that which run all through the year. and then here i am. :)

8. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    Sure..well when I was young I played badminton with my family--recreation level of course. Gradually in grade 6-7 I liked it even more. Then in grade 9--which is now I found my hobby/sport that I want to get into..=BADMINTON!! So now I started to take lessons from clear two which is going very smoothly so far. It's a great place IMO. Umm that's about it.:D

9. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    started playig badminton at age 8 in front of the house with wooden racket with my father. recreational family stuff. joined the school's badminton club at age 12, represented the school (not that good, bad basics, no proper coach). Stop playing at age 13 to concentrate on studies but played recreationally here and there. pick badminton up again at college age 18, represented the college for intracollege games. stopped when turn to archery. at age 27, started playing again when at last i found other ladies who want to play badminton. you cannot imagine how hard it is to find female players here in ipoh. joined a tournament last year and lost badly. he he he. now looking for a badminton club to join so we can get proper coaching and regular playing time. *sigh* no luck so far. any badminton clubs in ipoh that anybody know of, please let me know.

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
  11. v1nc3nt

v1nc3nt Regular Member

mm..started playing about...almost 4 years now. Started training at Clearone aroudn the time when Darryl first opened the place. Now I'm taking lessons at the Thursday High perf and the Saturday Elite sessions. :)

12. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    One question..I myself learn at c2 also. I always thought your supposed to take one course at a time. You did two in a row!!!Errr.. do you need a coach's permission or..:confused:

13. v1nc3nt

v1nc3nt Regular Member

um...anything above advanced you need a coaches recommendation before you can sign up for. In my case, Darryl gave gave me permission to train in the elite class..But i'm still also training in the thursday high perf. bascially...train your butt off and work hard so that you can get into high levels faster hahaha...

14. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    haha niceeee...Umm do you take private lessons from c2 as well..if you do state your session hours and coach!! =)

15. v1nc3nt

v1nc3nt Regular Member

haha i used to take lessons...then i got too poor and too busy for that haha..um...i've taken singles training with Kyle Foley when he's around during the summer. I've also done some doubles training with Ronnefor a couple of months. Kyle's really into physical work...so you'll probably end up finishing every lesson soaked in sweat and exhausted (no joke haha)..Ronne's a little more laid back, but he's good at pointing out your technical weaknesses that you need to work on. But to be honest..It's hard to say which coach is better than who...since it's really based on personal opinions and what part of your game needs the most improvement.

16. the_oro

the_oro Regular Member

pretty boring profile -_-

I joined my school's team about a year ago, just to get another yearbook pic and i heard that badminton's not very hard to learn. I started taking lessons at Lee's Badminton, i soon found that my skill level was above their programs and my schedule got really tight so i had to quit that. I got into watching the pros and after watching them over and over, i started to get their technique (Peter Rasmussen's instructional vids especially) and improved a hell of a lot in one year... Must've went through 5 different forehand grips before getting it right.

Now i might be the best player at school (haven't played everyone in singles yet, so i can't say for sure, doubles though, i'm definitely the best)... It's come to the part where i have to train my physical strength and stamina to get better, specifically, what gives you a good backhand and smash. And i'll also be trying to get private lessons at Lee's, hopefully it'll be better than their IV-V program.

17. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    I see..I'm planning on private lessons when I take either adv. or high performance:D

18. v1nc3nt

v1nc3nt Regular Member

lol..good luck! ^^8

19. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    hehe thanks! I just realized 2 people from my group lessons have private lessons as well. Those lucky bums!!! Mehh:crying:

20. v1nc3nt

v1nc3nt Regular Member

haha..you should consider taking lessons from Adrian too...he SHOULD be cheaper than Ronne and Darryl..and he's a really good coach..so yeah..just think about it haha