Gade's performance

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007' started by 2cents, Jan 19, 2007.

1. jay0327

jay0327 Regular Member

yeah......Peter Gade play real well in this match ...with BCL /

2. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I think the NSS favours players with all round skills, better concentration and focus more.

3. bryan gogoi

bryan gogoi New Member

high school
    i think he got a break due to his illness and now he is all back with a bang....i hope he moves higher....go brother

4. Morten

Morten Regular Member

Gade and Bao first met in AE 2003, few months after Peter returned from a 1 year long injury. That year he lost twice to BCL. Its important to remember that both players were not as good in 2003 as they are now, BCL are much more consisten these days and Gade has regained his form after being injured in 2001. If you look in history books youll notice that Gade actually won Malaysia Open in 1998 and now in 2007 thats 9 years between the two titles:eek:

5. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

I think Peter Gade is going to win 08 Olympics and retire.

6. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Really no reason to even think about the "match fixing" of Danish player until one of them allow "walk" citing injury. Kenneth may not have won many big titles but he's certainly a professional player with high dignity that I come to respect!

7. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    That's a bit too far ahead. Peter is probably just hoping to be in his top form and play at his peak during this year's World Championships. After that we start predicting about the '08 Bejing Olympics.

Anyway, like yourself I wish him the best of luck in the upcoming tournaments, especially the '07 WC and '08 Olympics as he is a very hard worker and tough fighter with a great attitude.

#27 virusvoodoo, Jan 21, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  8. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    whats so f-ing hard to understand about a hair-cut??? Which he did long before his illness btw...

/Twobeer

9. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Personally I think given that both Bao and Gade playes to their best abilities Gade will win most of the time.. He is simply a better badminton player (my opinion of course).

Personally I think Chen Hong has the highest "peak"-level (for one game) of the Cineese players.. Lin Dan is super-fit and best allround.. Chen Jin is quick as lightning.. but Bao.. is well.. a bit "colorless"...

Sorry to offend all Bao fans out there.. Because he is truly one of the worlds greatest players.. but still.. I cant help to find his game a bit boring (relative to his peers)..

/Twobeer

10. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

He is not wrong. '3 of the very best' implies in the 'very best' category, there are at least 3, maybe 5, maybe 8..., who, on any day, on neutral ground, can defeat one another, and display superior skills. You read it as '3 very best' which means 'the top 3' so the problem lies with your interpretation.Check with your English Language teacher.

11. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Did anyone notice that as many times as BAO served high to the back, Peter would smash in return ?

Without a doubt, I think this is the way to play. It is sending a message to BAO that Peter would not tolerate disrespect. If Bao dares to serve high, he would dare to smash every ball. I like this coz I think it shows Peter has the confidence to smash every ball if he wants to.

12. cao ci dan

cao ci dan Regular Member

student
    Peter’s mental strength amazes Danish coach

DANISH coach Thomas Stuer-Lauridsen is in awe over Peter Gade-Christensen's sensational Malaysian Open victory.

“Peter showed that he was mentally very strong for the competition despite the tough circumstances that he had to overcome. That is the special thing about him,” said Stuer-Lauridesen.

In fact, Stuer Lauridsen said that the outstanding win had brought back the confidence in Gade-Christensen, whose career almost came when he was bogged down by nagging knee injuries in 2000 and 2001.

“Peter now knows that he has a chance out there. He came close to having to sit out the tournament but now, he has achieved one of his best wins. And the crowd just loved his attacking game,” said Stuer-Lauridsen.

“His work ethics is excellent and he puts in so much effort in badminton. He also takes care of his body.
    “Players like him makes the job of the coaches like me easier. I am very thrilled over his achievement today.”

Source: http://www.thestar.com.my/sports/

13. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Malaysian fans love PG

The answer is simple. Malaysians love PG. First he was forced to give his body 2 days of complete rest.Also, maybe the Malaysian medical care was first class for him. But , most of all, the crowd was 200% behind him, unleashing the energy that is latent in him. On top of that, no one expected him to go far, so he has no negative stress toxins to deplete his strength and all his energy is converted positively. It's not how much total energy that counts but positive conversion level that matters.
    As for PG vs KJ, I saw the SO06 MSF between them. KJ never had a chance. PG practically destroyed KJ with his attacking play, quick and straight. In MO07 SF, PG was playing to see if he can conserve energy by not attacking (which is very energy-consuming) in the second because he was confident of taking the third.
    In the MSF, he dared not attack BCL all out in the second because if he could not close in two , he may lose the third. He play the second in such a way that he still has the energy for attacking play in the third. Tall players like BCL and KJ seem esp. vulnerable to attacking play.

14. virusvoodoo

court mopper
    I hope this Peter, Kenneth, and their coach Thomas Laudisen proved in this tournament that Denmark "match-fixing" is NOT TRUE to those who may believe that it was true. I mean Denmark should have been smart and give either Peter or Kenneth rest with a walkover but they ended up playing three hard-fought sets against each other for a spot in the final even when one of them was hospitalized a few days earlier.

As for China, we don't know for sure but I must agree that they do have give a lot of walkovers to their teammates but players/coaches *ahem LYB ahem* should learn a thing or two from Danish players/coaches especially when it comes to sportmanships.

15. virusvoodoo

court mopper
    Man, I'm so jealous; that one guy in the audience caught Peter's AT-700 after he tossed it into the crowd.

16. svp97

svp97 Regular Member

:D

I'm so jealous for anybody who was there at all! :p

Heia Peter Gade!

#36 svp97, Jan 22, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  17. Tommy Susanto

Tommy Susanto Regular Member

And where are the fact now?:eek: :eek: :eek: Please support your statement:eek:

18. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

Given Taufik and Lin Dan both lost in the early rounds, Peter Gade emerged as the final winner. It's not lucky though. I must say that the young aces LCW, Bao C L, Chen Jin and LHY still have a lot to learn from Peter Gade. For LCW, once again he was devastated by his weak mentality and rendered the title to the Dane. If he had Gade's excellent mentality, I believe he would qualify as "3 of the very best".

19. Tommy Susanto

Tommy Susanto Regular Member

Kendrick Lee is the best of the best:cool:

20. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

Is Kendrick ur fren?