What's the funniest thing you've seen during a match

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by wedgewenis, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Alaric

Alaric Regular Member

IT Consultant
    I would love to see that too.
    Does anyone have a clip of this? :D

2. Jono Frog

Jono Frog Regular Member

dairy warehouse distribution
    A Few funnyss from me:

1st up was a freaky net shot i played. I moved to the backhand side of the net and did a gade style cross court net shot but the shuttle rolled across the tape, hit the post the net goes over and sat on top of the post for like 1 second b4 falling back my side!! GUTTED!!!

Second one was during a league match when I was out of position chasing the shuttle toward the back of the court with my back turned, hit it between my legs and hit myself in the balls! ouch.

funniest one though has to be during a match my mixed partner did a powerfull drive flat over the net in to the guys face who actually caught the shuttle between his teeth!!

3. Avatar

Smash down all clears!
    2006 WC Mix Semi final. Sudket/SaraLee vs Emms/Robertson.
    the english team cleared to sudket. sudket jumped in the air, shouting "Harr!!!" and possibly going to smash hard, but then he changed his scream into an "Out!!!", and leaving the bird which he thought it would go out. the darn birdie land right on the line. every1 was smiling for a good 5 or 10 seconds.

4. inferno32

inferno32 Regular Member

Student
    At school, I beat my fitness-nut gym teacher 3 points to none while half the class was watching.

5. modious

modious Regular Member

In the Singapore Open 2001 WS semifinals between Gong Zhichao and Dai Yun, the same thing happened. I rem the shuttle sitting on top of the net. In the end, it was a let. http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2136

6. Hagane

Hagane Regular Member

Transport Consultant
    Thursday two weeks ago :D

I did a backhand drop shot that happened to land on the top of the tape, spins for 2 seconds, then landed on the opponent side.

For the whole of 2 seconds, my opponents was watching it spin... when it landed on their side.... their jaws dropped..

7. thatoneaznguy

thatoneaznguy Regular Member

student
    the second one is funnier.

8. PeZyUaN

PeZyUaN Regular Member

College Student
    i was watching my team mates play mixed against "i forgot which school" but the guy smashed and hit his partner's head and it bounced over the net XD

9. txyu

txyu Regular Member

Manager Fitness Facility
    Sitting down waiting for games....friend pulls out a racquetball and tells me to take a look at this "squash" ball.

I tell him it's not squash cause squash is smaller and doesn't bounce much

He doesn't back down...says no no, it's a squash ball...watch, it doesn't bounce....

He stands up, whips it straight down while looking down....sure enough, being a racquetball, it bouces hard and fast and hits him in the face

Needless to say he now knows the difference.

10. nuspeed

nuspeed New Member

(yesterday) a backcourt forehand coming from the left to the rgiht side of the court only to be blocked by your double's partnets racket as he lifts his racket up.

11. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    LOL that's hilarious!!!!!! show us some vids of it :D

12. BlaZe

BlaZe Regular Member

well, I have another one: last thursday, my shot hit the tape as it often happens... the shuttle stood on the top of the net for a second before falling to my opponent's side. then on it's way to the floor, the feathers got stuck in the middle of the net and the bird never hit the floor.. We called a let, but was it really??

13. CWB001

CWB001 Regular Member

Haven't you read them after all this time? You are letting yourself down. You only have to read on from what I quoted by one line to find:

"14.2.3.2 after passing over the net is caught in the net; "

to see that it is a let.

14. hiroisuke

hiroisuke Regular Member

Student
    Let's see, there was this one time in doubles yesterday when I was receiving serve, the opponent served long to my backhand, and I looked down to see if it was out. They apparently thought it was out, too, or that even if it wasn't, I wasn't going to hit it. I realized, before it was too late, that it was probably in, and so I whacked it down low with a backhand, and it dropped over to their side of the court. Of course, they weren't paying attention, and one of them suddenly noticed and yelled out, "Oh! Look!" but it was too late! :D What a surprise for them, haha!:p

Then, of course, there's the thing where you hold at the net and fake like you're going to cross-court, and when both start running to your righthand side, you hit it straight, and they both look at the birdie land on the floor.

15. azn_bdmntn_boi

azn_bdmntn_boi Regular Member

I saw the same thing happen, but instead of hitting it over, the guy walked up and blew the bird over the net!

16. chikkubhai

chikkubhai Regular Member

hey guys how about coming up with videos/clips of the most funny momemts... will be a great add on to this thread..

17. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    This happened to me when I was playing recreation badminton in my highschool badminton club. Its funny but good thing no one got hurt in the process.

I was setting up to receive a serve...so I was pretty close to the service line. All of a sudden, I hear this clashing sound and then a racquet head (just the racquet head, without the shaft) flew right in front of me and hit the wall. As it turns out...someone's wilson racquet broke...so I decided that I would never purchase a wilson badminton racquet. :eek:

18. Crazypeetee246

Crazypeetee246 Regular Member

If a racquet ever flew by my head close enough for me to see the company brand..........I would be traumatized for life and forever be afraid to play badminton. END OF STORY!

19. SomeDudeInBlue

SomeDudeInBlue Regular Member

Student
    It was the first day back to badminton for me. It has been about a month and a half and my friend wanted me to go to the badminton gym with him so we can prepare ourself for the upcomming badminton tournament in CAL. He's been playing every week and he's in perfect shape. Me, on the other hand, went through the winter break staying home, watching movies, eating junk food, many family reunion and dinner (it was christmas season) and of course games. I was not in fit for anything but I had to start somewhere.

When we got on the courts to warm up, we wre automatically challenged to game. The game went well and we won. They weren't that great (not trying to be a jerk but it's true). But the most embarassing thing happened during this game. They were drop serving to my partner and he cleared it to the back left corner. The opp cleared it back to the middle and my partner and I were side by side because we were rotating. I was going for it. I was getting ready for a smash but my partner was able to get to it before I did. He hits the birdie and about 2 seconds later my racquet went "swoosh" (of course not hitting anything because the birdie was already returned). It was embarassing (if i didn't explain it well enough) because I was about 2 seconds slower than my partner tryng to end the rally. And he realized it and fell on the ground laughing his butt off. :rolleyes:

20. mojopin

mojopin Regular Member

Medical student
    few years ago at an underage badminton club playing XD, drove it down hard at my friend,(we're the men BTW). he drove it back crosscourt even harder. But when i realised the shuttle had not made it to the net , i looked up and he had hit his partner in the nose and blood was gushing everywhere. He since gave up XD completely. So difficult to keep a straight face while trying to help the girl:rolleyes: