Malaysian Juniors

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by erin_hakkinen, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yannie

yannie Regular Member

L.M.A.O. :eek:
    Chun Seang (injured) lost to Lim Kenn!
    Where is Beryno?

2. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    Beryno Wong lost to Hafiz Hashim

21-14, 21-18

3. erin_hakkinen

Business Student
    Lim Ken is 20-year-old :D

4. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Lim Kenn is 20-year-old :D

5. erin_hakkinen

Business Student
    Oh no.. I cant believe i made that mistake :eek: :p :D

6. haifeng4ever

haifeng4ever Regular Member

It's ok though, human make mistake. Unless u're not...:D :D :D

7. C L BAO

C L BAO Regular Member

Student
    :DOwh gosh..Lim Kenn...:p LOL..Ok, but I see that the juniors are rather pityful..HAHA...Especially those who played against the seniors in the 1st round or something..:p

8. ahwp1990

ahwp1990 Regular Member

Student
    Hehe, my friends already lost their 1st game in 2nd division WD but another pair lost in the quarterfinals =/ oh well.

9. C L BAO

C L BAO Regular Member

Student
    Hmm..Quarter finals, not bad.. :D

10. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Badminton: Rashid’s New Year wishes
    By RAJES PAUL

[​IMG]

KUALA LUMPUR: Coach Rashid Sidek (pic) hopes that the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) can grant him two wishes in his plans for his Project 2010-12 squad next year.

He wants the national back-up players to be considered for the SEA Games in Thailand next December. And he also hopes that his charges will get to spar with the seniors on a regular basis.

Rashid said that his main goal was to get the second echelon of players narrow the gap in standard with the seniors.

“I have been coaching the team for more than a year now. It is time to give them a challenging task. The SEA Games will be an ideal platform for them to start winning honours for the country,” said Rashid.

Malaysia have always relied on a senior side to carry the challenges in the biennial Games, which is considered the lowest tournament among the majors for the badminton players.

“We should start to give the second stringers the chance to represent Malaysia in the SEA Games. It will prepare them for the more challenging ones ahead,” said Rashid.

“It will also motivate the back-up shuttlers to outdo each other in the fight to win places to represent the country. It will be a good incentive.”

For the last few months, the seniors have had their training base in Bukit Jalil while the back-up squad are still at the Juara Stadium in Bukit Kiara.

Despite the many promises, joint training sessions for the seniors and back-up players have yet to take place.

“The joint training session is crucial. If both sides do not come together, the gap of standard will always exist and the progress of the youngsters is always retarded,” said Rashid.

“Thus far, only our doubles players had trained with the seniors on several occasions because coach Rexy (Mainaky) wanted it. The singles players hardly got the chance.

“All I'm asking for is joint training sessions or match practices at least once a week or even once every fortnight. This practice will bring great benefit to our players and I hope that the BAM will make it happen this time.”

On the performances of his charges this year, Rashid said that he was quite satisfied.

“There has been improvement in the quality of their game. Some of the players had won satellite tournaments. But we hope to see their participation in more competitive tournaments next year,” he said.

Lim Kenn emerged as the Sri Lanka Satellite champion while women's singles player Julia Wong bagged two titles at the satellites in Singapore and Indonesia.

“The players may not get to compete in the next year's Super Series because of their low rankings but I hope to get the BAM's approval to send them to second-rung tournaments on the BWF (Badminton World Federation) calendar,” said Rashid.

Plans for the Project squad will be on the agenda of the BAM Council meeting in Johor on Dec 30.

THE PROJECT 2010-12 SQUAD
    Men's singles: Chong Wei Feng, Tan Chun Seang, Azrihanif Azahar, Lim Kenn, Mohd Syafiq Jamaluddin, Liew Daren, Chong Li Qun, Beryno Wong.
    Men's doubles: Au Kok Leong, Khoo Chung Chiat, Goh Ying Jin, Hoon Thien How, Tan Boon Heong, Mohd Razif Latif, Mohd Razif Abdul Rahman, Chan Peng Soon, Chang Han Pin.
    Women's singles: Norsyahliza Baharum, Daphne Ng, Julia Wong, Anita Raj Kaur.
    Women's doubles: Daphe Ng Chiew Yen, Haw Chiou Hwee, Chong Sook Chin, Tan Sin Lan, Lim Yin Loo.

#390 yannie, Dec 22, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  11. C L BAO

C L BAO Regular Member

Student
    Isnt this article posted in another thread? :confused: :p

12. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Dunno... sister rin asked me to post it here, so i did... lmao

13. ahwp1990

ahwp1990 Regular Member

Student
    Aww, National Junior Inter-state Team Championships Johor is postponed due to flooding

14. C L BAO

C L BAO Regular Member

Student
    haha.. Aww, yes, that flood there is bad... :( Poor thing.

Ok, rin must have some reasons I guess..:D

15. verve_pipe

verve_pipe Regular Member

student~!duh...
    they should change the venue instead of postponed it!

16. C L BAO

C L BAO Regular Member

Student
    maybe yes, but isnt almost the entire johor flooding.. maybe postponing in is a good choice. because how will the players be able to play properly if there is a bad flood in their housing area? :D

17. kenny7_2006

kenny7_2006 Regular Member

Working student...
    wow, i wanted to join in and discuss, after 22 pages... *headache* hehe...

ive never seen the juniors, but from what i've heard and read, they're pretty good.... hehe....

funny, Beryno Wong is my mum's friend's son, but im not on speaking terms with him, although i keep check on him in tourneys... hehe... he knows me (maybe), i know him (duh..)... hehe... maybe when he's famous next time, i may claim to be his super 'friend' or 'relative'.. LOL... haha... nah... i aint like that... :)

Hope he can 'graduate' into the senior squad!

18. kenny7_2006

kenny7_2006 Regular Member

Working student...
    ah, BTW does anyone have reports o pics of the Project 2010 squad frm the recent KL Open??

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Regular Member

Student
    KL Open

They are quite good and have big potential.Kena 'gilap' lagi bakat.Hehe :D I've been to the KL Open Finals and I've watched the men's junior doubles.One pair was aggresive and the other quite reserved (personality-wise).But they played good..a lot of unforced errors though, still need a lot of work :eek: Nevertheless, I enjoyed their performance;) .Most people were watching the senior doubles between Chan C M-Hoon T H and Fairuz-Lin W F as they played at the same time.I watched both.I have some pics here.Hope the quality is okay :)

Attached Files:

20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Regular Member

Student
    Haha...all of these pictures were resized differently..Bear with me.Hehe..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.