Lin Dan is back, this guy is awesome!!!

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by 2cents, Dec 8, 2006.

1. TKG2609

TKG2609 Regular Member

i m lindan fan, but this time i ll support taufik 2 bring 1 gold medal for my country .... hehehehe .... gogogo taufik ......

2. TKG2609

TKG2609 Regular Member

make it 2 : 1 for asian game in doha ..... make it indonesia top 15 ....

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    your evidence is just some blurps from a danish coach.
    Cooler's words have much more validation and weighting:p

When does TH decide to win? LOL like when the cows comes home :confused: :rolleyes: Let me twist this around, if TH wins, it would be because LD decided to let TH win like in the case of LD vs LHI team match. LD was tired and has minor wounds on his index finger so he let LHI win it. Losing to LHI in team event is insignicant as china went on to win team MS gold anyway. He fix LHI good WHEN LD DECIDES.

TH wins title only when there is good draw (04 OG) or his opponent hit a physical low that day (05 WC). It's almost end of the year 2006, 2moro match would be his last chance to decide to win in 2006 LOL

#23 cooler, Dec 8, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2006
  4. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Totally agree :D :D :D

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

http://www.badmintonsite.com/Tours/I...Cat.aspx?id=19

Quote:
    1) Taufik Hidayat

Comments: The best all round player in the world, can play all type off styles ,and when he “really” decides that he wants to win, no one can beat him

------------------------------------------------------
    when i read that the 2nd time, maybe it wasn't his typo after all.
    He maybe saying TH off styles included:

impeccable touch and timing -> mid game walk out
    know when to rest the sore body -> last moment cancellation
    great drive shots -> from his mouth:eek:
    great hands eyes coordination -> giving fingers to line judges
    great smashing -> breaking racket on the floor

And i have real evidences for these :D :D :D

#25 cooler, Dec 8, 2006
  6. ssuly

ssuly Regular Member

student
    -wei-, sometimes words do not seem as they're intended to mean. This former danish national coach, Michael did make a list of his top 20 players on that website. However, it's not obvious to me how he based his decision on. Is it more on the technical skills? or is it more on the winning skills?

It's just the logic and the fact that most of TH's great techniques (except his net play) such as his perfectly executed half smash, backhand skills, etc do not help as much as a greatly effective smash.

TH might have a greater overal technical skills, but LD concentrated his techniques on his effective smash and stamina. LD's technical skills (smash and stamina) are highly concentrated on the area that will enforce winning the most which I called winning skils. As for TH, his winning skill is his net play.

I'd argue that a greater player has more ability to WIN the game since it's the most logical and objective. If TH with his allround tehcniques supported by his net play and LD with his concentrated techniques (smash and stamina) DECIDED to win against each other, I think it would be a great match for all of us. It's a great match because the outcome is not sure and no one is invincible to each other.

So yes, I had to disagree with the danish coach if he meant to put TH as number one by considering his winning skills or even saying that "no one can beat TH when TH decides". LD's winning skills is absolutely not inferior to TH's.

However, we as TH's fans also have to give credit to LD that he is currently better than TH due to his recent winnings on motivated TH. TH's fans have to respect LD, and I'm sure LD's fans will respect TH... right Cooler?;):D

7. -wei-

-wei- Regular Member

Ok jokes aside for now.

I agree with you that Lin Dan was exhausted during WC 05 final, but good draw in the Olympics??
    That is actually an unsupported assertion being spread around in this forum by dedicated Lin Dan fans.
    The only thing that remotely supports that is the fact that he didn't meet Lin Dan in the Olympics.
    Taufik did have to beat Wong Choong Hann and Peter Gade in the Olympics who both had a brilliant record against him at that time.

Apart from the round of 32 in which Lin Dan and Kenneth were the only significant players who lost, if you look at the losers in each round do you really think that he had a good draw?

ROUND16

Björn Joppien, GER
    Lee Hyun-il, KOR
    Choong Hann Wong, MAS (hardly a pushover compared to others on this list)
    Nikhil Kanetkar, IND
    Jim Ronny Andersen, NOR
    Bao Chunlai, CHN
    Richard Vaughan, GBR
    Chong Wei Lee, MAS

ROUND8

Ronald Susilo, SIN
    Peter Gade, DEN (arguably the strongest in this group)
    Park Tae-sang, KOR
    Chen Hong, CHN

ROUND4

Boonsak Ponsana, THA (probably weaker than Sony, but not by much)
    Soni Dwi Kuncoro, INA

Although not the greatest of opponents in the final, how many top 10 players must you play in order for it to be considered a not very good draw?
    If I could recall Wong Choong Han's path to the WC03 final he met no one of significance until he met Xia Xuanze in the final in which he lost, as Sony and Shon were both up and coming players back then.
    In actual fact Taufik did have a tough draw in the Olympics due to low seeding.
    So who do you actually think had the toughest draw in the Olympics?

8. -wei-

-wei- Regular Member

Don't worry ssuly, I'm actually not a Taufik fan (read my past posts)
    I posted the link to take the piss out of Taufik fans (sorry), as I found that link in another thread.

I hope Taufik puts up a good match tommorow though ;)

9. chemile

chemile Regular Member

This is the right time for TH to prove that he is the best! 3 times matches in 2 week with LD, it is amazing! Come on TH, beat 'the arrogant guy'

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Wei, let me clarify myself. Yes i had brought up the point of 04 PG draw favoring TH but that was just me making a point. Realistically, draws does play a part but not the sole cause for top pros doing good or poorly a tournament. At high level where talents and ambition are so close, a small bit of an advantage can propel a pro to unexpected advancement in a tournament. To complete my overview on the 04 OG, the big part of why china bomb out is they are mentally weak, this is not new. It took zhang ning 10 years to avenge mia audina. Hindsight, imo, the china disaster at 04 OG actually made LD and CH stronger. Back then, LD's superiority relied solely on jump smashing and court speed. His net and backhand clear shots, his patience were just not well developed yet. The 04 OG made LD to go back to hone all his weaknesses. On the other extreme, 2 relatively quick major titles by TH made him complacent (ie. cocky) and had engraved his mind that he's the best so has no ambition to continue to improve.

In this AG, TH is looking much better than this year start due to his preparation for this event. However, LD had improved even more.

#30 cooler, Dec 8, 2006
  11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Let me extrapolate the theoretical scores if the LD vs LHI match were to played under the OSS, and compare it to the 1985 AE MS final ZJH vs joko S.

1985 AE MS final
    ZJH beat joko S. 15-4, 15-1 in 25 mins, OSS
    total point spread, 30 to 5

2006 AG MS SF
    LD beat LHI 21-3, 21-10 in 22 mins, NSS

below is a snapshot of the point history of the china vs korea match. If one do the scoring under the OSS, LD beat LHI by 18-0, 13-2. Total point spread, 31 to 2

I think LD set a new standard of how one player dominated his opponent. Remember that all players involved here are considered top pros (~top 5)

Attached Files:

#31 cooler, Dec 8, 2006
  12. Felix.

Felix. Regular Member

I'd let the result speak for itself.

And don't even start with a cakewalk draw, considering TH had to face PSH, BCL and LCW to reach the final . And whom did LD meet? PS, NW and LHI. WHAT A TOUGH DRAW!!!11! :rolleyes:

13. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    LinDan did pretty well to reach final, but ultimately he wasn't good enough on that day to beat TH...
    Anyway I hope people will stop boasting crap before anything happens, let this incident show you all that nothing is predictable
    Stop bashing TH in every bloody thread, its getting boring and annoying, please acknowledge that he is a great player and please respect him for his achievements, and also we must ackowledge that LD is one of the greatest of all time as he probably held the most #1 world ranking in consecutive weeks
    So people grow up and stop teasing each other like children

14. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    I agree with you there Simp84 :p :D Lin Dan didn't play that well, he thought he was gonna win when he was leading 20-17 :D lol :D hehe :rolleyes: :p

15. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    Cooler,

I was with you when Taufik was doing all those bad things but I think we have admit that this time Taufik Hidayat did play better to beat Lin Dan in the individual events. I have yet finished downloading the 1st set but I thought throughout the 2nd set, Taufik was better at controlling the match most part of the game. Although Lin Dan could have won the 2nd set which may result in Lin Dan winning but he failed to convert so we have to give props to him and stop with the Taufik bashing for now.

Let's hope Taufik plays like this in future tournaments until his retirement!

#35 virusvoodoo, Dec 11, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2006
  16. saugusli

saugusli Regular Member

Woh... But Lin Dan Lost to Taufik. So means: Taufik is back so strong...

17. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    haha :D this is very funny! :p haha :rolleyes: