CHN collapse - breaking the weakest link

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by 2cents, Dec 7, 2006.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic..

..hehe, i(we) know your heart beats go up a few more notches when the INA players come on court..Probably even before they play, your heart is already pounding..:rolleyes: :p :D ;)

2. amelia7

amelia7 Regular Member

no matter how iffy...if they're in the top 10, still means they are good, I mean for Cai/Fu. Other pairs may have the 'skill', that's their advantage. If for this pair it's speed, then that's their strength. Of course there're a few exceptions like Gunawan/Wijaya combination. Probably for the MD, the gap among the nations are not that big, hence the win-lose situations, unlike the WS/WD where China seems to dominate quite clearly. Anyway, no pair can win all the time, can they?? :)

3. haifeng4ever

haifeng4ever Regular Member

Exactly, KKK/TBH won over them because they try to slow down their speed and avoid them from making too much smashes. They get confused when the opponent change the tactics. And eventually make a lot of silly mistakes. :D :D

4. jgao_net

jgao_net Regular Member

student
    you cant say that china has began to become a threat in MD's when they have only had 2 teams in the top 10 in the last 3 years

5. jgao_net

jgao_net Regular Member

student
    that isnt exactly true, fu/cai didnt exactly use their speed in the WC2006 when they faced off against eriksen/lundgaard in the semis. they tried to, but the danish pair actually contained them pretty well, not letting fu get that big smash away. usually when fu gets that smash away, the chinese attack is really hard to stop

[SIZE=-6]
    [/SIZE]

#25 jgao_net, Dec 7, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  6. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

The Fu/Cai pair only have speed and strength, which are quite crucial in the 21 points system. However, they never give me the 'visual pleasure' when I watch them play. I still prefer Tony Gunawan/Chandra Wijaya, Sigit/Chandra Wijaya and Rexy/Ricky these three Indonesia pairs. They are really talented double players, who can entertain the audience and yet deliver good results.

7. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    What collapse?

It's a little early to annouce the collapse of the Great Wall as China may still end up taking 4 out of 5 badminton titles in Asian Games. No one is going to remember how scary team China come close to colllapse after China win most of the golds. Only MD has no representative from china, what collapse are we talking about? The only reason we have other nations in the Semi is becasue each country only allows 2 players/pairs per event else ... Don't you think so?

8. HiddenPower

HiddenPower Regular Member

Agree 120%.................

9. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

That reason would be true if CHN had fielded their lowest ranks. Is CHN fielding their top 2s for every event?

10. liying_0505

liying_0505 Regular Member

Student
    that's an excuse!!!

11. nwy5633

nwy5633 Regular Member

Student
    hahaha...
    look like great wall of chn will get sink...
    juz like their real great wall which are not GREAT now...
    but...
    i think they can still covered it with some good results today...
    for now we can juz say their wall get cracked...
    if there are onli 1 left for final...
    then there will be millions of question for LYB...

12. rwchen

rwchen Regular Member

They are among the top players from China but I am not sure whether they are the top two for every event. At least not for MS and XD in terms of IBF ranking . BCL is not China's number two player while Zheng Bo/Gao Ling is a scratch combination.

13. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    And why is this an excuse for loosing? :confused: Do the players from other countries have good food, freedom, tour the city etc. except Chinese players?!? Are there discrimination from the Asian Games organizers against Chinese players? Or is it LYB who made restrictions for just the Chinese players? If so, then it is LYB's fault, not the Asian Games! ;)

14. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Out of the 7 gold medals that are available from Asian Games badminton, China already got two and can get four more with 2 days to go... Not much of a collapse... :cool:

My prediction... China will get three more... from WS, WD, and XD. Indonesia will get the other two. Indonesia and China are the truly the two superpowers of badminton! With tons of badminton playing population, it is a natural consequence... If India joins the fun, then we shall have another superpower... I wish Rexy will just go there and stop making Malaysia stronger... :p

15. nwy5633

nwy5633 Regular Member

Student
    wah..
    how can u say like tat...
    why dun call ur indonesia coach go there....
    something went wrong with ur mind leh....
    ppl become stronger also non of ur business la...
    so jealousy...

16. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    No no nothing wrong with my mind, nwy5633. Oh, by the way, I am Indonesian. Rexy is Indonesian and an Indonesian National Badminton hero. He is very capable. Thus, as a professional coach now, he is helping Malaysia a lot. By helping Malaysia win, that means he will also make Indonesia loose... It does not feel good when your National hero is helping another country that can actually beat you...

Imagine Lee Chong Wei coaching the Indonesian singles team very very hard to beat Malaysia. His success means Malaysia's defeat. As a Malaysian badminton fan, is that a good feeling?!? Wouldn't you prefer Lee Chong Wei just coach Bulgaria or Canada or something with high pay. He makes money, yet do not actually have to destroy Malaysia to be considered performing well.

Thus, I was hoping Rexy would not only threaten to quit, but actually quit from Malaysia. Help some other countries that need its badminton strength to grow, but will not actually can beat Indonesia yet... :)

17. amelia7

amelia7 Regular Member

Point taken..but then again, in the last 3 years also, what other country has 2 or more teams in the top 10 consistently?? I think as long as any player / team is in the top 10 that is enough to indicate that they are player/s to be reckoned. Anyway, it is also good that China doesn't dominate the doubles. Then badminton would be no fun cos both men and women would be dominated by one country. That would be very sad...:crying:

18. matt_att

matt_att Regular Member

FM
    not agree (until tomorrow .. ;) ;) ;) ;) )

19. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

hey guys, Tan Kim Her is coching Korean MD too.
    We didn't said anything.

20. luyi80

luyi80 Regular Member

Ya ya, agree wf u! What's wrong coaching other country if they give u good pay? Btw, i m proud of Tan Kim Her coz MD under his coaching performs superbly, this is oso kinda "Malaysia Boleh", isn't it? Juz like gymnastic, Ng Shu Wei grabbed his silver medal yesterday n chn media called it "a China made M'sian gymnast". U think everybody like LYB, finger pointing Zhou Mi juz bcoz of she came to M'sia n trained 2gether wf WMC for only 1 mth? Hahaha...:D