Chan Choong Ming

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by siaoching, May 19, 2006.

1. emmsfan

emmsfan Regular Member

Student
    Not to mention that he's one of the best in the world also. He and KKK make a formidable pair. Hope it's like Paaske and Rasmussen, and they get back together again. Did i mention that both KKK and CCM are CUTE???? CCM rocks forever!!

2. haifeng4ever

haifeng4ever Regular Member

Ya, both of them are really cute.

3. siaoching

siaoching Regular Member

Ya, CCM is cute:p :p :p
    But for me, KKK is cool:cool: :cool: :cool:
    Am i right?

4. haifeng4ever

Absolutely right, KKK is stylish too. :cool:

5. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

i do agree with u.. he has those cool look..sometimes ppl might misunderstand him by saying him as an arroggant person...haha

6. siaoching

siaoching Regular Member

here u go...

full name:chan chong ming
    nationality:malaysia
    date of birth:16/2/1980
    place of birth:kuala selangor,malaysia
    IBF ID:8477
    height(m/in):1.71/5'7''
    weight(kg/ibs):150
    horoscope:aquarius
    handedness:left

7. haifeng4ever

Ya, ppl used to misunderstand KKK as an arrogant person. But deep within he's a shy and soft-spoken person. I saw an interview with him during WC this year. He's so soft-spoken and kinda shy. Really cute.

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    KKK is definately not an arrogant person. He just give that IMPRESSION to others.

9. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

perhaps.. different attitude when he's in the court... like ants said..the impression that he gives to ppl..who don't know him will think that he's an arrogant person..hehe

10. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    Hey CCM/HTH is competing in Vietnam Open! Yay! :D

11. siaoching

siaoching Regular Member

Hope they will hand over a good result.

12. a-h$@n

a-h$@n Regular Member

student
    When is vietnam open?????????????

13. emmsfan

emmsfan Regular Member

Student
    It's about time too. KKK/TBH are given more opportunities to compete in tournaments compared to them . Hope they win it!!

14. deROSE

deROSE Regular Member

student
    (Whatever the outcome of today's match)..ALL THE BEST to the new partnership of Chan Chong Ming -Hoon Thien How!Keep going guys!

15. babygirl

babygirl Regular Member

yup... GO CCM-HTH!!! Gambateh!!!

16. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

Glad to see a lot of ppl here supporting CCM. Anyway, I want to know why CCM/KKK pair always failed to win titles for Msia. If CCM is such a good player, I believe he and KKK should have won many titles this year. Well, KKK/TBH won runner-up at JO2006 and gold at Doha game immediately after the split with CCM.
    Is it because of his shoulder injury?

17. haifeng4ever

Maybe it's because he hadn't get over his father's death. Who knows?:confused: :confused: :confused:

18. emmsfan

emmsfan Regular Member

Student
    I personally think it's not fair to CCM. It's bad enough he lost his father and now he lost his place in the team. Kesian him lah..........

19. emmsfan

emmsfan Regular Member

Student
    YAY!!!!! CCM-HTH upset top seeds CTF-LWW in the KL Open. Jia you!!!!!!!!!

20. mirrura

mirrura Regular Member

part time dreamer
    Chong Ming leaves split behind

By RAJES PAUL - The Star, dated 21 Dec 2006

http://www.thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2006/12/21/sports/16378753&sec=sports

KUALA LUMPUR: Senior shuttler Chan Chong Ming was bitterly disappointed with the decision to end his partnership with Koo Kien Keat.

But the 26-year-old has snapped out of the sad episode of his badminton career and is determined to bring his new partnership with junior Hoon Thien How to greater heights.

Yesterday, Chong Ming and his 20-year-old partner got off to a winning start in their first tournament together – the Kuala Lumpur Open – at the Kuala Lumpur Badminton Stadium (KLBA) in Cheras.

They defeated Johor juniors Poh Chai Boon-Vincent Soon 21-12, 21-8 to set up a quarter-final match today against veterans and top seeds Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah.

After having teamed up with Kien Keat for two years, Chong Ming said that the split was a bitter pill to swallow.

“But it is the coaches’ decision and I have to accept it. I chose not to quit even though I was disappointed,” said Chong Ming.

Kien Keat paired up with Tan Boon Heong prior to the recent Asian Games in Doha and they went on to become the first Malaysians in 36 years to win gold in the series.

Boon Heong was the former partner of Thien How. They won the World Juniors in Vancouver in 2004 and also chalked up a famous win over Indonesia’s former world champions Candra Wijaya-Sigit Budiarto en route to a runners-up finish in the Asian Championships in April this year.

Chong Ming said that he would again assume the role of guiding Thien How as he did with Kien Keat when they started out together.

“I had the responsibility to help Kien Keat when we teamed up two years ago. It’s good to see that he is doing well now,” he said.

“I have the same role to play partnering Thien How and it will be too early to expect anything outstanding from us next year. Hopefully, we will get stronger with each tournament.”

Thien How said that he experienced a similar feeling as Chong Ming when he had to part company with Boon Heong.

“With Boon Heong, we achieved good results and it hurt when I was told that we had to go separate ways,” he said.

“Now I have an experienced partner and I hope to learn as much as possible from him. Hopefully, we can achieve great things together. It is our wish to become another strong pair for the country.”

Without a world ranking, Chong Ming-Thien How are now the sixth ranked pair in the national team behind Tan Fook-Wan Wah, Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari-Lin Woon Fui, Gan Teik Chai-Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif, Kien Keat-Boon Heong and Ong Soon Hock-Tan Bin Shen.

Yesterday, all the national doubles pairs won their second round matches.

But Fairuzizuan-Woon Fui survived a scare to advance to the quarter-finals with a 21-19, 22-24, 21-16 win over Chang Hun Pin-Chan Peng Soong of Penang.