would you people recommend Yonex NS 9000?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by c2320609, Oct 29, 2006.

1. c2320609

c2320609 Regular Member

Student
    I'm thinking about getting one. I've read a lot of reviews on it.
    I do a lot of clears and smashes when playing single.
    In doubles, I usually play front - net shots, net kill, lift, etc.
    Would you people that owns the racket recommend it to me?

2. Chickenwing168

Chickenwing168 Regular Member

1) I got NS 9000X...string @ BG85 22lbs

That thing is a beast~!! :D

I play front alot when I play double~! I find the racket very docile to what I want it to do. I have no problem blocking smashes with the racket. My drops are much more accurate too!!

If you like to peak your power, then NS9000X is your choice!

2) I also uses the NS9000S alot with BG80 string at 20 lbs

I sometimes like to play with better control, so I ask my friend to borrow his racket. The responsive time of this racket, in my opinion, is better, I get better control of the birdie, hence, better control of the game~ But since the tension is low, my power decrease significantely. I have yet try this racket at a high tension..so I don't know if it will generate as much power as the X (I assume not though)...

So in Conclusion, I find that in the two NS9000, X is like the husband and S is like the wife...if you like to chain smash, X is better...if you dont smash often, S is better...

hope that helps~ ;)

3. Chire

Chire Regular Member

Huh quite the generalization there, hope the female members of this forum won't get mad at you. Women can have hard smashes too!

Anyway, I don't think NS9000 type X is worth of the money. In my opinion it's not all that good, definitely not spectacular to say the very least. You even see the pros switching back to their previous rackets. I get more power out of AT700 and my AT800 Offensives, and even controlling characteristics of NS9000 type X aren't that different from those of the other rackets'.

4. Chickenwing168

Chickenwing168 Regular Member

eek~...I dont mean to offend any women player by stating it like this~...I have been beating by a few girls in terms of power. But I was just trying to make a analogy.

This analogy is base on generalisation. It is subjective. Please dont take offense of it if you are a power women player^_^~!

5. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I don't recommend it, as I don't think it justify its price tag.
    Yes, it's a good racket, but costing a lot more than other rackets. I don't think it's worth buying, at least not at this moment.

Other rackets, for example, any CAB or ISO rackets would do the job if you got skills. If you don't have skills, of course, the only thing you can depend on is your wallet, but that doesn't help you much on winning badminton games or making decent shots.

6. c2320609

c2320609 Regular Member

Student
    I buy rackets from Taiwan. And it's really cheap over there. I forgot the price but I know it can't be over 200US. Is it still worth it if I'm able to get it for low price?

7. stantan

stantan Regular Member

Attorney-at-Law
    I'm with Chire.

I have the 9000X and I also get more power from my AT800OF and AT700.

However, I do have to take into consideration that I have not spent a large amount of time getting used to the racket and its different balance. Its a totally different animal from the other two rackets which get their power from their head-heavy configuration.

Yet we see the NS9000X surpassing even the MP100 as the optimum racket for the singles/offense player on the Yonex charts.

Can anyone enlighten us on where the NS9000X gets its power? Im assuming its from the shaft...

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    no, from the user.;)
    the ns9000x is a piece of dead carbon stick, with a paint job.

9. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

I would recommand 2U 9000-S and 3U 9000-X. 3U 9000-S is a bit too light. 2U 9000-X requires a lot of power( very good racket though). They are very good rackets for doubles and good rackets for singles. If you play both singles and doubles, they are a good choice.

10. c2320609

c2320609 Regular Member

Student
    thanks for all the helps

11. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    hey,

I've tried NS9000 S and X, as well as MP100, AT800DE, AT800OF, AT700... etc... all 3U. Of all these rackets I liked the NS9000 X the best.

In terms of power NS9k S and X are both very good. the type S is a bit weaker, but reflex is good and really easy to play with. the type X has insane power for a head light racket... and the only complaint I would have about it is that the type X felt a bit stiff when I played with it... but the feel is really awesome

the only reason i bought a type S (to replace my broken AT800DE) was cuz type X was out of stock in Taiwan when I was having it brought over. I liked these two rackets a lot more than the other head heavy powerhouse rackets because my shots are almost as powerful (if not as powerful), but my reflexes with the head light racket is much faster. So all in all, it's a very well-rounded racket.

I would recommend you try the rackets and see how you play with them, because some people have said players with strong wrists like these head light rackets more, and it really depends on how you play to determine if you like it or not.

I strung my ns9k with BG80@24lbs.

Hope this helps.