very good comment abt taufik :)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2006' started by taufik-ist, Oct 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    he is also a great player in giving championship title

walking out of 4-1 first set to let LD rest a day fighting an exhausted opponent

enter a tournament just to leave at semi-final so that LD would once again be benefited to have a full day of rest again

purposely losing to CH twice to make him think that he is still in shape, giving him comfidence

he is also known to be an optomistrist, knowing that the line judge need a pair of eye-glasses when she saw a mistake(debtable)

he is also a true hero in fighting back pain, playing tournament and winning top 10 people with that is an awesome talent

he is also a charity donor and a contributor to HK economy, as making an excuse for IBF to fine him... as a result of increase in short term employment for telephone hotline services when the audiences ask for refund

good day

cooler is right on about this forum

whatever TH do is great, whatever LD do is bad, woopy-doo

2. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    Many of Taufik's die hard fans idolize him for the wrong reasons. They consider Taufik's as a hero because of his skills & techniques and some even advocate his erradic behaviors, which-in a right person's mind is purely idiotic. Skills and techniques are one thing but those don't really define what a hero is. A hero should be considered from his actions, attitudes, and achievements. It is safe to say that he is not recognized for the first two things while his achievements is still in question as many feels that just three prestiguous titles (Olympic, WC, Asian Games) are not enough compared to some of our living badminton legends such as Tony Gunawan, Candra Wijaya, Kim Dong Moon, Park Joo-Bong, Rudy Hartono & Yang Yang (no Olympic back in their day).

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    your content is bunch of unconnected and unconvincing paragraphs.

first u say u want to counter why TH withdrew WC and why we didnt believe his injury is real. Then your conclusion is:
    - TH is a great sportsman, alway change shuttle when asked**
    - TH is the greatest player

I say u r deluding the readers here.

** i know exactly why he like to change shuttles when asked by opponents, so he can rest some more. If he is fit and in a winning the rallies, why give stop your momentum for the benefit of his opponents?
    Since he dislike LD, how come he still change the shuttles? Coz he's damn tired.

4. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    Taufik's sportmanship is pretty good (ahead of Lin Dan in my opinion) when facing anyone beside Lin Dan but I wouldn't considered him as one of the best when it comes to sportmanship. I think the best ones are Wong Choong Hann, Lee Chong Wei, Peter Gade, Kenneth Jonassen, Tony Gunawan, Candra Wijaya, Kim Dong Moon, and maybe Park Joo Bong as well. They never get angry by throwing racquet their racquet if they lose one set to Boonsak Ponsana or their other opponents.

That plus they do not punch the spectators or give excuses whenever they lose. :eek:

#144 virusvoodoo, Oct 31, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2006
  5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

So, after all your explanations, what is the "truth about TH" then??..We want to know

ssuly, thanks again for the input and giving another explanation(sorry, i'm snipping rest of your explanation for brevity)...But pardon me, as i myself can't really find what you actually wrote re "truths about TH"...even from the above post you wrote, post #122??..

About your supposed "theory" and its "requirements"(post #123), which you wrote to great extents, i assume you are *actually* using those theories yourself in making your conclusion on "truths about TH", correct?..;)

I'll say this, to be frank, i've already had enough of your explanation on what is paradigm etc. And since i(don't know abt others) haven't found any statements or somekind of explanation from you on your supposed "truths about TH", perhaps now is the time for you to just simply provide us all with a simple and straight explanation on what you believe is "the truths about TH"(as requested by me in post #121).....
    No need to provide us with additional explanation like you did in post #123.....We just want a simple & straight reply from you and hope one that is neutral(to both THDFs and ATHDFs)..How's that??..;):)
    We'll be waiting for your response on this...;):) :cool:

#145 ctjcad, Oct 31, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2006
  6. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Check ranking points

Try tracking his progress. From WC to CO ,his ranking has leapt from 30+ to 12! He's been working part time. Now he's graduating to fulltime and in 2007, he should be able to work overtime. Maybe our ranking expert, hcyong, can help us estimate how many tourneys TH need to play to reach top 4 assuming he reaches QF at least. Since TH is naturally gifted in badminton in the way LD is not,it means he does not need to match LD in stamina to beat him. Probably just 70% of LD 's will do. Right now, he's only 60% but he'll get there, sooner than LD hope for.

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

there are lot of talks of TH past misfit behaviors and i was able to collect some of these documentation in case someone has doubts.

It's amazing how one olympic gold medal (2004) had turn TH from a SOB to a colorful person with full of charisma. Even the mighty pope can only forgive past sins but can't turn past bad deeds into desirable attributes. His past, present and future misfits are now all pleasant qualities after winning OG gold. :rolleyes:

BF is a treasure house of goody infos :)

Parking incident #1
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12144&highlight=taufik+parking

Parking incident #2
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15538&highlight=taufik+parking

A post by shasa03 in 2004
    09-03-2004, 02:45 AM #15
    shasa03

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think he could just lost to wimpie because he was distracted by a fanatic fan of wimpie i read today in a paper...
    taufik was pissed when the audience were teasing him beacause of his lost to wimpie then he refused to be interviewed by the reporters.taufik is allergic when people are teasing him or if reporters are criticizing him.
    a couple of times he got in a fight with some of the audience and he hit them with his racket!

#147 cooler, Nov 1, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  8. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Yeah, did you see LD even trying to cheat on his compatriot CH in the WC semi? It's unbelievable! He was trying to tweak the shuttle to his liking. The umpire Carol? was sharp.She called out to LD, took the shuttle and got it changed. Pretty disappointing sight. I guess LD's sneaky behaviour precedes him among female Western umpires.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

well,he use blackmail tactic to get that 1 billion rupiahs. It was written in the pbsi policy that it's 50/50. Whether he deserve it is another point, it was his tactic and want to change the rule just for him. Half of the 45,000 USD would goes to pbsi and likely to other team members but TH got it all. Maybe the reason why so many INA players left pbsi after that, TH got his ways and other players are just chop livers.

45000*22000 =990 million rupiahs or ~ 1 billion rupiahs
    -----------------------------
    02-16-2005, 04:31 PM #1

Taufik loses cool with badminton bosses
    Moch. N. Kurniawan, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta

Olympic champion Taufik Hidayat is threatening to withdraw from the Indonesia team for the All England tournament next month in protest of the Indonesian Badminton Association's (PBSI) move to cut 50 percent of his Olympic bonus money from sponsor Yonex.

Taufik was a finalist at the All England in 1999 and 2000. After his Olympic triumph in Athens last year, his confidence is high, and he is expected to vie for the title in the All England, if he goes, which will run from March 8 to 13.

But that bid is now uncertain after an incident at the National Training Center in Cipayung, East Jakarta, on Tuesday.

After he wrapped up his morning training session, Taufik got into a quarrel with the head of PBSI's development affairs and director of the training center Icuk Sugiarto.

Several coaches, including men's doubles coach Christian Hadinata and Taufik's mentor Mulyo Handoyo, had to step in and break up the heated argument.

Taufik berated Icuk, accusing him of not fighting for the shuttlers' rights and calling him a liar. Icuk yelled back and told Taufik to behave himself.

After the quarrel, Icuk explained to curious journalists that Taufik was demanding 100 percent of the 2004 Olympic Games bonus of US$45,000 given by Yonex, one of the largest badminton accessories manufacturers in the world.

"That would be against PBSI policy, which states that bonuses from sponsors are halved between the shuttlers and PBSI. That policy has been in place for several years," Icuk explained.

"We have not changed the policy, so Taufik gets 50 percent of his 2004 Olympic Games bonus."

Taufik won Indonesia's only gold medal in Athens.

Icuk said Taufik should have understood the policy, instead of blaming him for not fighting for the shuttlers' rights.

"He seems unhappy with the 50-50 split and is threatening not to participate in All England," Icuk said, and added that he would leave it to PBSI chairman Sutiyoso to handle the issue.

Taufik, who was named Player of the Year in 2004 by the International Badminton Federation (IBF), could not be reached for comment after the spat with Icuk.

If Taufik carries through on his threat, that would leave it to men's singles youngster Simon Santoso; women's singles players Ardianti Firdasari and Maria Kristin; men's doubles pairs Luluk Hadiyanto/Alven Yulianto, Candra Wijaya/Sigit Budiarto, Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan; women's doubles pair Jo Novita/Lita Nurlita, and mixed doubles pairs Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir, Anggun Nugroho/Yunita Tetty and Devin Lahardi/Eny Widiowati to represent Indonesia at the All England.

#149 cooler, Nov 1, 2006
  10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Simply tells us...

..hmm, simply tells us, (like i've mentioned numerous times before) :
    WHO IS REALLY IN CONTROL of PBSI??...:rolleyes: :p :mad: :( ;)

11. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

These threads about Taufik arent annoying at first, but with people thinking that they know Taufik, it started to turn out to be an attack-thread again

Taufik isnt ur or my relatives, just stop talking like you are

12. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

oh boy, I read this whole thread and it was ridiculous, why cant just everyone accept the fact that there is always a bad boy in one kind of sport? We knew what happened in World Cup about Zidane and I dont think the fans talked about it that much like us.. These 'Taufik - WhAt?' 'Taufik - oMiGosH!' threads are just filling up the forum with no reason. Guys, this is life, there is always good vs evil... Taufik isnt evil, but it's what Taufik represents for some people

Chill out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#152 hara^kazuko, Nov 1, 2006
  13. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator

ya..ya i agree with u...

taufik is just human, not a saint.

OK then, kwun please close this thread :),

i don't want this thread going 'wild' ... he..he

14. ssuly

ssuly Regular Member

student
    truths on TH

ctjcad, this is actually just a repeat of my previous post. I just took this part and did a little update on it.;)

1. why TH only wins big tournament?
    cons: he's lazy.
    pros: he has his own goals and expectations that we've to respect.
    The truth (based on good reasoning and facts): if he's lazy how the hell he makes it to a great player that needs extreme hardwork. However, the facts say that he is a highly talented one, that would be a good reason why he has quite extreme goals and expectations.

I understand that for badminton spectators, it's a disappointment that TH seems not motivated for grandprixes (lack of preparation, etc). But, we just have to understand TH's different expectations as a badminton prodigy.. and hope TH will make it up on the big events!

2. why did he walked off the court?
    cons: he's bad tempered, childish, etc
    pros: he loses in style, artistic, etc
    The truth: The only reasonable answer is because TH is bad tempered. Many facts support this too. And how does losing in style sound??? It's not based on a good reason at all.

3. Some people also says that TH is arrogant, thinks highly of himself, etc.
    The truth: The facts say that TH admits his lost and the greatness of his opponent. TH also regards himself as one of top players who could beat each other. Therefore, TH doesn't think highly of himself and no arrogance of him spotted.

Conclusion on truth about TH (based on facts and reasoning):

TH is a great and talented badminton player, even the chinese highly regards him as a badminton prodigy. Because of his talent, he has different expectations than most of players (only win big tournaments) that we have to respect. TH is not arrogant and he doesn't think highly of himself. However, TH is hot tempered (walk off the court, try to hit a spectator,etc).

15. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator

i'm glad kwun hasn't closed this thread as i expected :)

ssully, once again you have made 'very good' and 'fair' comment about taufik, i guest your comment above become the closing for this thread...

16. ssuly

ssuly Regular Member

student
    baihaki_as, so basicly you are TH's fans, but you don't care how people view TH???? It doesn't sound reasonable at all..
    I was just trying to say that NATURALLY YOU AS TH'S FANS SHOULD CARE HOW PEOPLE VIEW HIM, REALLY2 CARE!!
    It's just WITHOUT REALIZING IT, YOU GAVE UP CARING ABOUT IT!! WHY???
    BECAUSE so many people in this forum DISAGREE WITH YOU and they have been so DOMINANCE, THEN WITHOUT REALIZING IT, u decided to STAY FIRM WITH YOUR beliefs and CLOSE your EYES!!

I'm actually just trying to bring justice back to TH, cuz some of these ANTI-TH'S diehard fans really views TH unrealistically (not based on solid reasoning and facts).

#156 ssuly, Nov 1, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.