MP 99 OR armortec 700 or Armortec 800 de

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Icerabbit, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Icerabbit

Icerabbit Regular Member

which would you prefer and why?

2. jgao_net

jgao_net Regular Member

student
    the 800 just because i have one :cool:

if you are considering to buy one of these rackets, i suggest you search up some reviews of each.

3. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    i have had all three and i can say that all are really good. it just depends what kind of player you are and what type of racquet you're looking for.

4. Barca

Barca Regular Member

I have been using MP99 for 3 years. 6 months ago, I have switched to AT800DE. I used it for about a month and then changed to AT800OF. All three are excellent rackets. Personally, my favourite is the AT800OF. Well it also depends on what type of racket you are using now. I would say switching from an even-balance racket to head-heavy one is not that difficult. Anyway, do a search. There are plenty of comparison between these 3 rackets.

5. doris160260

doris160260 Regular Member

I think that the MP99 and AT800DE or similar and the AT700 is more of an extreme racket. As I own and have extensivily used all these rackets I would say that if you are a singles player that the AT700 would be a good choice. If you are a doubles player I would suggest the AT800 because I feel it slightly outperforms the MP99. Of course I suggest to try it out using a demo or a friends becuase believe me what I love might be someone elses worst nightmare. I understand where your coming from though, the little city I live in there is no where to even buy the rackets let alone test them. Everything has to be purchased online. If you posted what kind of game you play (off or def, sing or dubs) and the racket you currently uses and its strengths and weaknesses we might be able to give you a better idea of what might be right for you.

6. juris

juris Regular Member

night stalker
    If you are offensive minded, try the MP99 and Armortec 800 OFF.

7. stantan

stantan Regular Member

Attorney-at-Law
    Ive owned all three rackets and I would say that if I had to choose one it would be the AT700 4U.

I love the AT800DE but I just cant smash hard enough with it at 4U and if its a 3U then I might as well go along with my AT 700 4U.

8. BethuneGuy

BethuneGuy Regular Member

Student
    It depends on the weight of the racket too. I suggest 4u for the 700... The 3u is just... very very different. The 99 lacks 'power' when I (personally) smash, it's good for smashing fast though, really crisp and accurate. The 800de better than the off in my opinion, and yonex lied, it's a relatively flexible racket, not that stiff. The de is more powerful than the off imo, it's so 'bouncy', the racket does the work for you. Just not very crisp.

9. Seigaku

Seigaku Regular Member

i have a 800 def too,i can get alot of power out of it,i just got a AT700 3U recently and it seems like i can get more power out of the def,maybe im just not used to it yet

anyone kno if i can get a 4U AT700 in canada?

10. Jay Scott

Jay Scott Regular Member

Student
    I switched from MP-99 (which I thought was a great racket) to a NS-9000X, which I think is the best racket I have ever tried. I think it's so easy to use compared to the more head heavy rackets that you have mentioned. I find it yield alot more power than the Mp-99, with the same ammount of effort, and the control is great too.

I would definately advise you to try a racket before buying, for a week or 2 if possible, I've made the mistake of using a strange racket for a game or 2, liking it, buying it, and then it just wasn't for me after I had more games with it.

MP-99 is a great racket, well balanced, and I think is pretty all-round in attack, defence, control, feel, etc. It isn't an extreme racket in any of those catagory, however, if it's in your budget, I would also consider the NS-9000X :D

11. manduki

manduki Regular Member

Student
    I love my AT 800 DE. Its a little unfortunate that I got a bit of a paint chip in the 11 o clock 1 o clock position from picking up birds.

Otherwise, I think its a ver nice, durable, powerful, bouncy, fit for everyone kind of racket.

12. john2197

john2197 Regular Member

Student
    Been using the mp99 for almost a year before I broke it accidentally hitting the ground. Bought AT700 and been using for about a month now and would have to say that baseline to baseline clears are a lot effortless now. Smashes are more powerfull. However the mp99 is better at the net where it's a little tighter and there's more control. but you get use to it.

You can try out the rackets b4 you buy it.:)