Switching from YONEX ISO SWING POWER TITANIUM SX

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by double_men, Oct 20, 2006.

1. double_men

double_men Regular Member

student
    I hope maybe sombody could help me with rackets. I have had two rackets YONEX ISO SWING POWER TITANIUM SX. I guess they are not in the market anymore. I would like to switch to other rackets, but how to adapt quickly? I tried for 10 minutes Nanospeed 9000 S and I liked it. I tried for two hours Nanospeed 9000 X and my arm almost broke (and I thought I am quite strong :)).
    Now I have read quite a lot about rackets. And I found out that Armotex 800 de could be a good option if switching from Swing Power rackets. Do you think it is true? Which rackets could you advise?
    I am better in doubles usually (so I would prefer a racket more suitable for doubles), because of the speed and smashes. But for singles I do not smash so lot anymore. I would be glad to have more control. It would be good to have actually the same rackets for doubles and singles. Do you have any suggestion?
    THANKS!!!

#1 double_men, Oct 20, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    AT700 and NS9000X come closest to the SX.
    If u r looking for a change, move to something close to those.

3. double_men

student
    Thanks cooler!
    But you see there I feel it difficult to switch from isometric swing power which is very flexible to such stiff hard hitters as NS9000X. I played it for more than one hour and my shoulder told me - this is not my racket. Unfortunately I played with NS9000S only for about 15 minutes, but it seemed to be good to me. Still I am a bit confused about rackets now... :-(
    I actually would look for a racket more for doubles now... but my style is quite offensive... Maybe I should try AT8000 DE?

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

of course no 2 different models are alike in every way, both ns9000x and SX belong to x-stiff and head heavy class. 9000x is stiffer but a tad head lighter than the SX. Also, your SX is well used, lost some of the stiffness. Balance wise 800de is closer to an SS (again not similar). Give the 800OF a try before picking the 800DE.

5. animezone

animezone Regular Member

Have you try before Muscle Power 88? This racket is for double player, the shaft is middel stiff with slightly head heavy. I found this racket suitable for defensive player, you may give it a try.

6. double_men

student
    Thanks cooler!
    I will give try to get AT800OF racket to try. But what would you say about NS9000S?
    But concerning doubles do you think NS9000X could be suitable? I found Isometric swing power SX good in smashing, but also not tiring in long eschange and quite manevrouble (quick in hand, I do not know how it is called). But NS9000X is much heavier, in doulble you need to be very quick...?

7. double_men

student
    Animezone!

But I thought that MP rackets are more suitable four singles? Aren't they? Interesting - what do "good" players have for rackets in doubles? :confused:

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i havent touch a 9000x yet. I tried the 9000s and said that's stiff enough:D
    I thot the SX feels like a hammer, very head heavy and stiff
    Unless u r a solid B+ player, the 9000's won't do u much help.
    I have a 9000s and havent strung it yet coz the 800's are serving me well so far.

9. animezone

animezone Regular Member

Yonex racket chart

double_men.

In MP Series, MP88 is one of the racket which suitable for double player. It's not like mp100 nor mp99 those shaft are stiff and it's for single. This racket shaft is medium stiff come with 3u and 4u version, base on it's specification, I'm sure this racket is make for double. You may read this chart below to get more idea of which racket's characteristic suit for you.
    [​IMG]

As you can see the top of the chart, your ISO TI swing power SX is more towards single and it's an offensive racket. AT800 OF, DE and MP88(In Japan they name it MP80) is more towards for double, the different between these 3 are AT800OF is much more offensive racket in double play and AT800DE is all around balance racket for double then follow by MP88 is more defensive and give you much more control in double play.
    I use my TI 10 for both single and double as well although they claim this racket is highly for single hard hitter. So I think the best way is you give it a try with those racket from your club member or friends, that will really help a lot for you to make a decision.

#9 animezone, Oct 22, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2006
  10. double_men

student
    Thanks Animezone!

A nice picture, it clearifies some things. But I wonder, do you have a picture which includes also NanoSpeed rackets and singles, doubles? Is NS9000S more suitable for doubles or singles?
    It is really amazing, but I have had good results with my Yonex ISO TI swing power SX racket. The racket is head heavy, BUT it is light in hand. It has also quite a big maneuvrability.
    In Forum I see a lot of player like for doubles AT800de 3u racket... I think I will try NS9000S first and then maybe AT800de or AT800of...

11. animezone

animezone Regular Member

Here is the latest picture that provided by yonex, you may compare those 2 pictures for further detail.
    Offensive
    [​IMG]
    Defensive

Surprisingly, some of the racket has been relocated in very different category compare to previous (e.g, AT800OF and DE), it is better to follow the latest chart for reference since they already make some correction. Hope this help.

#11 animezone, Oct 28, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2006
  12. double_men

student
    Thanks Animezone!

I can not exatly understand this diagram. How can I see which racket is better for doubles or singles? Other question - my racket Yonex ISO TI swing power, where does it suit? From previous diagram and what I have read here, I understood that AT800de (of) are better for doubles. From new diagram I understand that NS9000S is vertically (offensive-defensive) about the same as AT800, but horizontally it is different. Hmmm.... interesting, what does it mean? :confused: ;)

13. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    You can't compare those two pictures directly due to different parameters on the new graph.

14. animezone

animezone Regular Member

Double men, apologize for the wrong information. This chart parameters is different compare to previous chart. Now i posted another chart with english parameter show on the axis which is same as the 2nd chart.

[​IMG]

Thanks for blue jeff correction, this two chart have different parameter on it so it's really can't compare it directly. If not mistaken, your ISO Swing Power SX is located between AT800OF and MP99. I can't find the lastest chart which showing those category like the first chart. Yonex will remove those stop production and old model racket by replace it with new release racket, that's the reason they remove the ISO Swing Power Series (Stop production) from the latest chart.

#14 animezone, Oct 28, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2006
  15. scionsf

scionsf New Member

Just wondering, what are the specifications for Isometric Swing Power SX? I couldn't find anything relating to that other than that it is a very stiff racket designed for singles (mentioned above). I looked online and www.badminton.net just added that racket to the list for $129.00. So, is that a good deal or not? Also, when did this racket first come out?

16. modious

modious Regular Member

Iso Titanium Swing Power Series

[​IMG]

Length : 674mm
    Material used : Ultra High Modulus Graphite + Titanium Mesh at 9 and 3 o'clock position
    Grip Size : G4.5 only
    SX, SS : 87grams
    SR, SA : 81grams
    Recommended Tension : SX and SS (17-22 lbs), SR and SA (16-21 lbs)

SX is the stiffest followed by SS, SR, and SA being the most flexible of the 4 models.

It has been used by Gong Ruina and Roslin Hashim in the past. And the previous colour Blue was nicer before they updated it to the current Orange.

#16 modious, Oct 29, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2006
  17. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    May I know if there is a difference between the blue and orange versions? Thanks.

18. modious

modious Regular Member

Yeap, the Blue is slightly stiffer and head heavy compared to the Orange version. I've both. :)

19. modious

modious Regular Member

Dear double_men,

The Iso Ti Swing Power SX was (and still is.... hey I've got 3!) one of my favourite rackets. It is head heavy but not as much compared to Ti-10 or Iso Swing Power 900 SX.

But don't ask me why because recently I find that using my Iso Slim 10 and Hart Maestro Slim better. That's why I went to get a NanoSpeed 8000 which I found to be pretty good but stiffer than my Iso Slim 10.

Maneuverability and speed is up using NS 8000 / Iso Slim 10 but power has dropped.

So I'm pretty much confused myself. :confused: :p

#19 modious, Oct 29, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2006
  20. double_men

student
    Thanks animezone for an explanation on the diagrams!

They are really different. But I myself do not really understand what "soft fell" and "solid fell" means. Does "stifftness" is something to do with solid fell? I think my ISO TI swing power is very flexible, does it mean that I should have "soft feel"? I am still confused :confused: ;)

Hi modious!

It is nice that you like also Iso Ti Swing Power SX. I did not thought earlier about rackets much (I am not that professional), but I really like this racket. Power is really good and it is quite flexible (maneuverability is good I think). But I can not figure out, why do I have much more success in doubles, because what I have read it should be suitable for singles more. This is puzzling.

One more thing which confuses me. Iso Ti Swing Power SX is the stiffest from SS, SR, and SA models. For me it is still a very flexible racket. Is flexibility good for doubles (flexibility = "soft feel"?)?