Which Nanospeed 9000 Should I Buy

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Jay Scott, Mar 17, 2006.

1. bravor

bravor New Member

Ants, hkchua. could you make a comparison between NS9000 and at-700?

2. Hullabaloo

Hullabaloo Regular Member

I'm also looking at 3U mp99 vs 3U ns9000s. I currently have a 3U mp99 and find it a bit too stiff for me. I've tried a 2U mp99 and that is definately too stiff.

In the past I've used head light rackets (but found they lacked a bit of power) therefore I think the nanospeed 9000s would suit me better than a 4U at800def.

Does anyone know if the ns9000s is a lot more head light than the mp99? I've read some threads that say it is more head heavy than both the ns8000 and ns7000. I don't mind the even balanced feeing of the mp99 so I would also prefer something slightly head lighter than the mp99 as I think I would probably be able to adapt to it easier than the at800def.

The shop near me only seems to have the 9000x available to try. Does anyone know if the X is much different to the S in terms of stiffness? As far as I know that is the only difference. Would it be a bad idea to base my decision on buying the S just by trying and being happy with the X?

In a nutshell, I'm looking for something slightly more flexible than the 3U MP99 and even balanced (or just slightly headlight).

#22 Hullabaloo, Apr 3, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2006
  3. Slacker

Slacker Regular Member

Baddy Fanatic/Addict FULL-TIME!!!
    Hi hullabaloo, i currently own a 3U mp99 and used to own a 3U NS9K S, yes....the NS9K S feels much more head-light than the mp99.... feels more whippy than the mp99.... in other words.... the shaft is alot more flexible than the mp99. :)

4. Hullabaloo

Hullabaloo Regular Member

Are we talking a lot more head light or only slightly? Are you able to compare it to other rackets such as ns8000?

5. Slacker

Slacker Regular Member

Baddy Fanatic/Addict FULL-TIME!!!
    the ns9k s feels alot more head-light den the mp99..... thus ns9k s does swing alot faster, defence was much easier, more manoeuvrable....but mp99 is more powerful.

i never played with a ns8k...so cannot compare....maybe others can help. :eek:

6. WRX STi

WRX STi Regular Member

When you say that it swings alst faster, do you mean the smash are more weak coming from the racket? How does it compare to an old 3U Ti-10? Or does it pack the same punch in something like the Ti-10? The 9K seems like a good racket, head light, but it makes me think that there is going go to be less power when smashing?

7. giovanni_bryant

giovanni_bryant New Member

hi guys,
    i hav tried the ns9kX, and it's very stiff, almost like the mp99, jst much stiffer. im using the ns7k now, and it feels really super, like the smashes, control etc. i had the mp99, and i must say i CANNOT use it like the ns7k. so, if ur kinda used to mp99, then the ns9kX would be better... and i was jus wonderin to thos of u out the there hu like the ns7k, and if the ns9kS would b good.. thanks
    any input wud be appreciated

8. Jay Scott

Jay Scott Regular Member

Student
    Hi Guys,

If I use and like the MP99, but want something a little more powerfull and something with more control (if possible) which racket would you buy?
    I have been considering the NS8000 and the AT800DF. I will take into account anybodys kind thoughts and opinions.

Things I like about the MP99:-
    • Feel.
    • Ease of use.
    • Large sweetspot.
    What do you guys recommend?

Thanks

Jay

9. giovanni_bryant

hey Jay,
    I think the Ns9kX would be a good one for ya.. it would, i guess be a bit more stiffer... but thena again, it's only a tiny bit. wad do u play?-singles? doubles? Ns8k is also good, just not as stiff and hard. perhaps power isn't as much wit the ns8k... the At800Df i wouldn't reccomend, it's the At800At that's prob. better. depending on ur game play. btw, an aT700 isn't bad.. but the 800df is not as stiff and it's not like the mp99...
    hav fun
    B

10. Jay Scott

Jay Scott Regular Member

Student
    Hi B,

Thanks for your advice. I play both singles and double, probably about an even ammount of each, but I'm trying to improve my singles game a little more.

I've recently tried a Ti-10 which I like but a few people I know would recommend the AT700 more.

I've got a few months to decide (Whilst I gather some cash up) so I'll continue to take into account peoples opinions and make my decision that way.

Thanks again,

Jay

11. Scoobz

Scoobz Regular Member

I used to play a fair bit of badminton and I am reasonable so people have said... I have been unable to play for quite some time with a rotator cuff injury (to my non-racquet arm) so haven't played for a couple of years, losing fitness and 'touch'.

I got back to playing a couple of weeks ago and I am quite quickly getting fitness back and some of the 'touch' is returning too...

I have notorious problems with calcific tendonitis in my shoulders and I have had a bit of trouble now from my racquet arm (due to the long break from heavy use I suppose).

My present racquet isn't particularly great but it served me ok previously... It is a Karakal SL80 (the red one from 2003, not the new yellow one).
    I like a light head and the SL80 offers that, along with a very light frame and moderate stiffness.

I have to put a fair bit of effort into shots to get power and speed on my clearances or smashes though, which adds to shoulder use.

I am therefore looking at a slightly heavier racquet but still with a very light head and stiffer to reduce 'effort' somewhat....

The option I am therefore looking at is the Yonex NS9000.

Will this be a sensible option? It is indeed a lot of money for a racquet but as I really want to play more of the game and don't want to damage my shoulders more, I'm willing to pay. I am actually travelling to Thailand in May and will look to see if I can get one cheaper out there than I can in the UK.

Am I best oging for the S or X model? Should I go with about 22lb string tension? Or greater?

12. giovanni_bryant

hmm...
    i duno if a stiffer racq would help you with the less 'effort' with the shots, coz for me, it's the less stiffer racquets which kinda help. therefore, i would recommend the ns9k S type, because it's not EXTRA STIFF, but rather STIFF. However, you shouldnt be bounded to the Ns9k, i mean it is the newest racq on the market etc, but there are probably cheaper and i would say comparable to it. The Ns7k is not a bad choice, and so is the Ns8k. the ns9k is quite expnsve. i suggest u try the whole nanospeed series. if it were for free, i'll get the ns9k s type- but that';s just me
    B

13. Scoobz

Scoobz Regular Member

Many thanks for your comments... I agree with your thinking on Flex and effort, although I feel the technology of the NS9k allowing flex at point of impact followed by sharp 'snapping' into place, should provide power without additional effort...

I am looking at the NS9k as an all-round package to benefit my game alongside my requirements... I agree that there may be other comparible items available, but I have to admit I am sucker for the newest things...

I'll see if I can get the S type though, as I feel the X may be too stiff then.

14. Jay Scott

Jay Scott Regular Member

Student
    If you haven't already purchased one, the NS9000 S and X are available on www.mybadmintonstore.com for £107. The internation delivery is free but I've read that postage is a little slow.

Jay

15. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    The postage from MBS could be a little slow at times because customs need to be factored in as well.

16. Chen412

Chen412 Regular Member

S and X

last week, i jus bought the ns9ks, its quite hard 2get use to it
    i never tried ns9kx, but after reading all these posts, i wanted to buy the ns9kx instead.. seems lyke alot of posts says ns9kx is better.

17. Jay Scott

Jay Scott Regular Member

Student
    I have been using the NS9000X for 3-4 months now, in my opinion, it is the best racket I have tried. Its so much easier to use than alot of top-end Yonex rackets (Ti-10, MP99, MP100) Its just so rewarding when you get used to it, if you put in the effort, you get so much from it.

Alot of people have mentioned how difficult it is to use, which I think is true during the familiarisation stage, but when you get used to it after using it regularly, I think it's difficult to use anything else! :)

Hope this helps, as usual, you can't be guarenteed the same satisfaction as I have with it, however I have learnt that as much as people say how good or bad something is, you will only be 100% sure after you have tried it out for yourself.

18. glider8

glider8 New Member

great racket overall

After carefully reading different fora I decided to switch from carbonex 8400 (which served me well) to a somewhat more advanced racket. After some try-outs, I've recently acquired the Nanospeed 9000S.

After only a few games i've found out, it's a killer racket. I consider myself to be a mediocre player, but with the extra edge, I found my strikes to be more precise, more powerful, thus giving me more opportunities to score.

It's true that it does require some getting used to, as do all rackets i believe.

But while i'm still getting accustomed to it, it's already improved my game.

Although the racket is only responible for a minimal percentage of your skills, i haven't regretted my acquisition for a second.

19. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    was reading through and i found that i got this problem too when using ns9k.....maybe need to get used to it.... anyone experiencing something similar?