Yeoh Kay Bin

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by emms626, Sep 2, 2006.

1. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    Thursday September 28, 2006

Badminton: Win at Asiad – or heads will roll
    By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Heads will roll if the players and coaches fail to deliver the Badminton Association of Malaysia’s (BAM) one gold medal target at the Asian Games in Doha from Dec 1-15.
    Yesterday, BAM president Datuk Mohd Nadzmi Mohd Salleh announced their best team of eight men and eight women for the Asiad after back-to-back meetings with the players and the coaching and training committee at Bukit Kiara.
    In a surprise move, the BAM decided to give veterans Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah and Kuan Beng Hong a second chance to prove themselves while Mohd Roslin Hashim was recalled for national duty.
    The others in the men’s team are the usual suspects – Lee Chong Wei, Beng Hong and Chan Chong Ming-Koo Kien Keat.
    In the women’s team, Kuala Lumpur Racket Club’s Lim Pek Siah-Joanne Quay have been given the privilege to represent the country. That was the only surprise in the women’s team.
    It is the first time that the BAM have considered women players from clubs for an official tournament.
    Nadzmi said the players and coaches had promised to stay committed in training and mount a strong challenge at the Doha Games.
    “They – the players and coaches – know that some of them will have to go if they do not produce results. If they cannot perform, we do not want them to hang around,” said Nadzmi. “We have made clear everyone’s responsibility in the team.”
    Nadzmi said that they took the longest time yesterday to decide on Tan Fook-Wan Wah’s participation in the Asiad following the duo’s below-par performances in their third round defeat to Indonesia’s Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan at the World Championships in Madrid.
    “For us, their failure in the world meet was the biggest disappointment. Following the feedback from the players and the coaches, we have found that there have been communication problems,” said Nadzmi.
    “There is no problem with their techniques or skills. After a long discussion, we decided that they would still be a better bet. They need help and Rexy (Mainaky) has given an assurance that he can help solve their communication problems.”
    On Beng Hong, Nadzmi said it was an opportunity for the youngster to make up for his failure at the Thomas Cup Finals in Japan. Then, he had failed to deliver the winning point against Denmark in the semi-finals.
    “Beng Hong did well at the World Championships – he went down fighting to Chen Jin of China in the third round – and he is more confident now. He is included (ahead of Yeoh Kay Bin) because his coach (Li Mao) sees his potential.”
    Nadzmi said the players had also vowed to show more commitment in training.
    “The players were open. They realised that they need to put more effort to be at par with badminton giants China. Our team have improved but their commitment needs to be increased.”
    Malaysia last won gold medals at the 1970 Bangkok Asiad. The gold medallists then were Datuk Punch Gunalan (men’s singles), Gunalan-Ng Boon Bee (men’s doubles) and Boon Bee-Slyvia Ng (mixed doubles).
    RESULTS
    MEN
    Team: Lee Chong Wei, Mohd Hafiz Hashim, Kuan Beng Hong, Mohd Roslin Hashim, Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah, Chan Chong Ming-Koo Kien Keat.
    Individual: Lee Chong Wei, Mohd Hafiz Hashim, Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah, Chan Chong Ming-Koo Kien Keat.
    WOMEN
    Team:
    Wong Mew Choo, Julia Wong, Norsyaliza Baharum, Wong Pei Tty-Chin Eei Hui, Lim Pek Siah-Joanne Quay, Ooi Sock Ai
    Individual: Wong Mew Choo, Julia Wong, Chin Eei Hui-Wong Pei Tty, Lim Pek Siah-Joanne Quay. Mixed doubles: Koo Kien Keat-Wong Pei Tty, Mohd Roslin Hashim-Joanne Quay.

source:www.thestar.com.my

2. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    wow..Yeoh Kay Bin bt LCW for Perak Open 2002 title. LOL :p
    9-15, 15-9,15-2

btw YKB is second from right.

Attached Files:

3. teenangel

teenangel Regular Member

ooo...if not wrong i think i had saw him b4..it is long long time ago. tat time he oso bt with lcw if not wrong..y such good player was not been selected and wat was the target o average as a national top player??

4. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Yeoh Kay Bin
    Malaysia Open 2007

Attached Files:

5. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    he will be the one to look out for after LCW.....fast n sharp play by him today at abc where he won PB. just need to polish up his killer shots and the defense.

gone are the days of HH.......hope that i wont be seeing HH at IO n SO.....waste my time bashing him only.

6. kktan

kktan Regular Member

i thot he's was 20yrs old when i saw him in abc. at 25 yurs old now.. i think he's a bit old.

7. Shiro

Shiro Regular Member

Student
    It was written in The Star that he is 27 years old...

8. winnie

winnie Regular Member

27 already? but i heard the commentator describe him as "young player" from MAS during his match against CH

9. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

Architect Assistant, Piano Teacher
    Ya, he looks younger than his true age !

10. winnie

winnie Regular Member

agree! ask him how he keep himself young..hehe:D

11. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    hhahahha.....by not playing in the international arena. now who would like to be young?

12. winnie

winnie Regular Member

hahahaha..so u mean playing in international arena will make the players look old? wakakaka..no scientific proof lerr =P

13. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    so how old is he actually?? kinda confusing here and there saying he is a young player den some say 25 den 27....hmmm....

14. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

I guess ha has the same age with chen yu 27.If I'm not mistakes he was the alumni of 1998 world junior champ

15. masterwong01

masterwong01 Regular Member

undergraduate
    yup, i remember somewhat he won the junior title in 1998. so he shud be 27..

16. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    I think this guy is a late bloomer like Chen Yu:)

17. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    He shows me guts and determination but lacked the instinct killer. He is a stroke player and predictable. Who is his coach ? He needs to work on his power and crafty play. Someone, please work with him, he definitely have the will power and extremely gutsy !!!! Don't let Misbun coach him - don't need the yo - yo style. POWER man !!!!

18. ~sss~

~sss~ Regular Member

wong tat meng..

19. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    In ABC,he had proved to us tat HE CAN PLAY WELL!!GAMNATE!!YKB,a potential player!!

20. winnie

winnie Regular Member

see...YKB's performance in ABC proof that WTM can coach n indeed is a good coach..LCW n KBH shudnt treat him like tat..reli dun give face lerr