taufik, the last hope to break china wall :)

Discussion in 'Japan Open / China Open 2006' started by taufik-ist, Oct 19, 2006.

1. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    GAMBATE TAUFIK

BEAT CJ AND CH !!!
    TH VS LIN DAN PART II,
    TH STRIKES BACK

:D :D ;) :p :D

2. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

Since it is CHINA open, I think Lin Dan will mostly win the game even though I hope Taufik will take it away from him

3. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    I don't think TH can beat LD in his him crowd... ;) :p he's too strong...;) :D

4. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    somewhat agree.. but lets wait and see!:D

5. cesc fabrigas

cesc fabrigas Regular Member

taufik taufik lets beat lindan in front of 13billion RP OF CHINA

6. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    One step at a time

That's how the Malaysian players lost most of the time as they see too far ahead :D Taufik immediate attention should be on Chen Jin, still is in front of 13billion RP OF CHINA anyway.

7. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

Taufik lost to LD last time because he couldn't keep up his pace. That was a week ago. Taufik can't be in good enough shape now after only a week.

8. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    To make it tougher on Taufik, he has 3 world class players whom he has NOT beaten this year awaits him... if it works out like expectation... Chen Jin(never played before), Chen Hong (1:0 this year only), Lin Dan (3:0 this year only). Even if he can crack a little part of the great wall, the rest of the great wall may just fall on him and crush him.:p:D:cool:

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Like the (Phil Collins') song goes....tonight's the night, ow-wow....

..hehehe, if Taufik can escape and win this CO, man, i'll say this will "arguably" be the *toughest* and *hardest* title he'll get in his career. Yup, much harder than the WC and OG.:eek: Why? because now, take into account the shape and form he's in, he's also playing in China, a place where thruout his badminton career, he's had the most difficult time of playing in and winning....we shall see...:rolleyes::p;):):D

#9 ctjcad, Oct 19, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2006
  10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Yup, that's what i said before, the OC gold taufik was easy.
    LD, C hong, Bao CL all got eliminated early due to stage fright.
    taufik only hard work was to beat PG. Taufik beat shon of KOR to take gold, #30 now. LD was beaten by susilo, #49 now. Ie, the OC game bears no reference of technical standing or competency, only mental stableness for that day.

#10 cooler, Oct 19, 2006
  11. bguy7890

bguy7890 Regular Member

Can we determine now (rather than after the fact) whether TH wants to win this time? Otherwise, in case he loses, people will say he didn't really want to win the title, AGAIN!
    Personally, I don't care who ends up winning. As a badminton fan, I just want to see players trying their best.....as simple as that!

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Nod.
    Win or lose, true champions fight to the end.
    hmm, there's a song for that;) :)

#12 cooler, Oct 19, 2006
  13. rhinovinda

rhinovinda Regular Member

Scientist

:D hahahaha....i like that excuse...!!!

14. rhinovinda

rhinovinda Regular Member

Scientist
    Hahhaha that's also an excuse for LD, CH and BCL. Lost is Lost.

15. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    I actually kinda agree with Cooler on this. During the 2004 Athens Olympics, although Taufik played some excellent badminton, I agree that a little bit of luck was on his side as some of the tougher opponents such as LD, BCL, CH, LCW, LHI, & KJ were not in his path. Of course he probably would have beat them if he had met them but then again the latter rounds such as the semifinals & finals might have been different if he had met these players earlier since they have the ability to push Taufik to his limit. As we all know he is NOT known for his stamina/endurance so he might have ran out of gas in the semifinal/final stages in this hypothetical situation. But my hat goes off to him for maintaining his mental strength during that momentus occassion.

However, I must agree that his wins at the 2005 World Championships was due to his skills more than his luck since he did meet & beat many of these tough opponents on his way to victory.

#15 virusvoodoo, Oct 19, 2006
  16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

yes, i agree, it's an excuse but it was still based on some technical merit where as taufik excuses are more subjective (feelings, don't like the linejudging, not enough training, unpredictability, not fit, etc)

Again, yes, a win is a win but in taufik's mind, an OC gold means superiority over other championships. So for him, doesnt matter he loses other events because he carries the OC gold and trumps all other wins in his mind.

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

hehehe, let me go on........(i didnt before afraid that cooler might sound too anti taufik which i'm not, i'm for fair comparision, not emotional rantings :D)

what happen 05 WC was also in taufik favor. I wasn't there but i watched it by live streaming plus what my fren told me because he was there.

1. when i was watching it i know LD was in trouble. He can't do even basic things right, he was playing like a B+ to A- level player at certain moments. A give away of mental unstablilty from my interpretation. Take a look at the 05 WC MS final, u will agree.

2. my fren (onetoughbirdie) came back and told me and made the confirmation. LD looks cold and pale, like he saw a ghost. After the match, LD face look blank, like under a spell, a spell of zombie. Why? Taufik's presence, the current OC gold medalist, was enough to give any a psyche out fit. Plus the pressure of expecting to win after losing the OC, LD end up stuttering on court. TH didnt beat LD, LD beat LD that day.

yes, another excuse for LD :D

one advice on playing taufik: don't let his OC gold status psych u out. See him as another opponent.

#17 cooler, Oct 19, 2006
  18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..hmm, IMO, i think Taufik has been given a "2nd chance" of redeeming himself in this CO for his performance in the recent WC...In that WC, i believe he would've gone thru 3 CHN MS player in order to win the title again. And since he failed to deliver, in a way, this will be his 2nd chance; cos in order to win the CO title, he will have to go thru most likely 3 CHN MS and in front of their home crowd(unlike in the WC where he played in a neutral ground)....let's see what can Taufik muster up this time??..:rolleyes: :p :D ;)

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i concur, i concur!..;):):D:cool:
    **BTW, in my other thread, (whether Taufik wants to win or not)i've already put my "money" on Taufik not winning this CO(as well as the just concluded JO)..hehe;):p :) :D

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

yes, i say TH effort in JO was solid from the start to the end of 2nd game of the MS final. Too bad his lack of effort on the last game of the match made all his JO effort less meaningful