I defend Taufik, people misunderstood TH

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by indra, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    very well said :D :) People are being unfair! :crying:

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Don't forget a jewel must also radiate and brighten up all those around it.
    Otherwise it will remain an 'unpolished' jewel, never quite attaining that precious class that it deserves.

3. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

What else does LD has to do in order to have TH's fan to accept the fact that he is currently the best. 21-1 in the rallies point system is nearly impossible as we are speaking between two top class players. But 21-3 into JO final should be convincing enough if you ask me.

I feel really disturbing to see post after post where people discount LD achievement to defend the lost of TH.

4. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

As a Taufik fan, I'm really disappointed with his determination in the third set.
    I have played for 7 years and he was my idol. (since gaining the world number one ranking when he was just 19) And to see him give up games like that, it really got into my nerves! I didn't see the determination that I saw when he won the Anaheim championships and the Olympics... And for a very talented player to give up like that... wheew.. if only i have the skill and talent that they have...

I think LCW should have kicked TH's ass after the blowout defeat...
    I mean, LCW is one heck of a player, and seeing his tormentor go down to Lin Dan like that is just a heartbreaker for him...

From my observations, Taufik only wins when cares to win! Also, I never found his power game in the final match against LD...

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

hmm, i understand...but perhaps, maybe it's because people/fans alike expect "too" much from Taufik to deliver what they've seen before...If they don't see a win or an all out effort, they're simply not satisfied..:p;)
    If it's a *lesser-know* player, i'm pretty sure there won't be so much "defensive" or "Explain why" threads/posts...;)
    In a way, Taufik has "created" a bi-product of his own success; almost like a 2-edged sword..:rolleyes: :p ;)

#85 ctjcad, Oct 17, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  6. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    totally agree with you ;) :) :D LD is not treated fairly :crying: ;) :crying:

7. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

I guess it is already understood how great he (LD) is... So no need for recognitions... lol

8. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    If I was in LCW situation, I would personally shout at him in front of his face "If you weren't going to kick his A$$ in the game, why didn't you let me do it then(since you would give away the game, might as well give it to me:p)... now you make me look like sh*t, since you got blown-out, and I got blown-out by you!!!":mad:

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    it's good that LYB didnt go to see/coach LD on the MS final match or else it would give taufik supporter another reason for taufik's non-performance

#89 cooler, Oct 17, 2006
  10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

why waste ur energy. Just walk up to the umpire and tell him what happen. I bet LYB will be quiet as a mouse afterward:D

11. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Are there many ppl who think LD is not CURRENTLY the best? Taufik fans are just arguing that LD has not reached Taufik's peak level yet I think.

And beating TH 21:1 is no use. LCW has beaten TH 15:0, and has beaten XXZ 15:0 (Just realized, this is actually amazing... beating two WC champions 15:0... LCW made history! It's a pity that LCW will have no chance to beat LD 15:0...:D And someone should arrange LCW to play Hendrawan, Sun Jun, PR, Arby, Joko, ZJH... :D), but he is still far from a legendary player.

12. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    I don't think you quite understand the previous posts... we were mentioning about kicking TH's ass for his poor performance against Lin Dan after beating LCW. If TH wasn't going to go all out against LD, then he wasted the chance of the players he defeated on his way to the final.:(

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

ok:) back to work now i guess:(

14. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    well then, LD seems to be a diamond where as TH is the black pearl that had lived its years, no longer giving us the glowly look then

LD always shines on as many tournament as possible

where as TH was once a jewel during 05

glad you are talking about gems/etc :)

15. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    its more about the mentality of never giving up, than to say... a strategy not to give up

16. XiaoQing

XiaoQing Regular Member

I play badminton as a hobby seriously, don't care who is No1 or who played well in the past, I just want to watch top-level badminton to improve my skill. Reading all these posts above, I think I'd better avoid watching the game 3 in the future. To throw a game away is an insult to the audients, TH should be paid back the runner's cheque to the JO organisor.

17. XiaoQing

XiaoQing Regular Member

He is a jewel of Bad?

18. utopia_imminent

utopia_imminent Regular Member

Student
    the thing about watching taufik play is that we are all waiting for that moment of genius at play like his backhand and his trickshots or netplay. lin dan is a better player but i dun feel that i am going to be expecting to be dazzled by anything. imo, chinese players are better overall but indo players are nicer to watch cause they have flare in their play.

19. Darth Andrianus

Darth Andrianus Regular Member

Student
    I know you love him very much, but this is really getting over the top. Now I wish he retires early then we can stop talking about him once and for all. This is nuts! How many threads do we have especially about TH? He must realise now that he is no longer as good as he was. From here on, he can play LD 20 times and TH will lose 20 times. Let's face it, TH doesn't have LD's stamina and strength. I do not doubt TH's great technique, but as we all saw the other day, this is not enough to bring down LD.

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

given the strong fan base and popularity, if i were TH, i would quit badminton ASAP and go into politics or get an acting role. He like fame and money and this is a better route. Better yet, make a badminton movie as his first movie. :) hmmm, call it 'Jewel of Jakarta' :D

I'm not trying to be funny. It's much better to quit and move on while on top (eg.Gong zhichao, gong runia) than keep hanging on and losing.

#100 cooler, Oct 17, 2006