advance lessons

Discussion in 'ClearOne Badminton Centre' started by K-MusclePower, Apr 25, 2006.

1. K-MusclePower

K-MusclePower Regular Member

i just had my assesment at cleartwo yesterday and he coach said i was advance level. he just checked my footwork and he put me in advance level. i was wondering if that was the right choice, because i heard ppl at clear2 are very good and ill feel leftout if i cant keep up with them. anyone here taking clear2 advance rite now can give me some hints on what u do there so i can prepare?

2. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    Don't worry too much about other people are better than you. If you do cross-training between running and badminton then you should be fine.

You are not competing with other classmates. Your challenge is to improve yourself in that period of one hour.

If you are tire and cannot catch your breath then you should take a rest. Don't force yourself to keep up with the rest of the class. You will become better on the next class. First time is always difficult. Don't worry about it.

3. liyux2

liyux2 Regular Member

Student
    cool i wanted to join some training too. when i contacted clearone the email reply is from cleartwo what are the difference anyways???

4. liyux2

liyux2 Regular Member

Student
    holy so good had my assesment done only intermediate =<

5. K-MusclePower

not really, i have been playing for about almost 2 years, and he did only check on footwork, not really much on smashing and such. so i dont know how accurate the coach's choice is

6. liyux2

liyux2 Regular Member

Student
    advance is better cuz is 1.5hour. intermediate only 1 hour take me 2.5hour round trip so is kinda not worth it T.T

7. Djiban

Djiban Regular Member

badminton addict aka baddict
    advanced is 1.5 hr? interesting...didn't know that

8. wing-omega5-0

wing-omega5-0 Regular Member

Student(uni)
    i have many friends that take advance classes on monday and on friday. apparently, MOST players in richmond are in the advance level and the level of the advance class has a huge range.

i go to cambie, and one of my friends was assessed a while ago. he was put into advance BECAUSE he had an above average smash but his footwork, reaction, strategy was just..horrible. another team mate was put into advance for all-around playing but was slightly slow.

basically, the coach will most likely stick u into advance if u are average or above because of how leniant they are now. high perf is for the "elite" players. "-__-

9. liyux2

liyux2 Regular Member

Student
    awww there is a huge range and im not even in advance T.T

10. K-MusclePower

i just came back from my first lesson. im so exhausted. its pretty intense ppl there are really good. ill just have 2 get better 2 keep up. and the coaches are really nice 2.

11. dosun

dosun Regular Member

Hey everyone,
    I started taking advanced lessons at C2 a little over 2 months ago and I think it really helps. The advanced lessons have a large range. You have the people who can hit a solid shot, the people who can place, and the people who can move around on the court. I don't think that Darryl would put someone in a class they can't handle =)

12. Yipom

Yipom Regular Member

Hey I just started my C2 Training in Advance a few weeks ago.

If you thought that the coach only check on your footwork, well when i did my assessment test. All he got me to do was hitting clears with him... and he let me in advance... no footwork or anything else.

To my surprise tho (no offence to ANYONE) The Teens advance isn't THAT competitive. Some of the people there are actually good, but there IS a pretty big gap from top to low players.

13. dosun

dosun Regular Member

Well, if you want competition during lessons, join High Performance, if you can make it. The assessment's based on ability to hit a solid shot, and if you can't move to the shot *footwork*, you can't hit a solid shot. Advanced lessons aren't really meant for a specific group *such as beginner groups which are for people who know absolutely nothing about badminton*, it's mainly middle-ground between Intermediate *those who can hit a decent shot* and High Performance *competitive players who are active in badminton*.

14. liyux2

liyux2 Regular Member

Student
    is true, since there is still high perf, elite and super elite left =P

15. mercy

mercy Regular Member

i am so confused with clearones rankings on their lvls hey.. hi peformance is where like pierre and those kids are at rite?

16. dosun

dosun Regular Member

let's see if we can't clear this up a little jason ;)

Beginner - self-explanatory
    Intermediate - people who can hit the bird 5 out of 10 times
    Advanced - ranges from people who can hit solid shots most of the time *u noe, like rally*, to people who are able to do nice drops/smashes/slices/nets/etc.

The rest, high performance, elite, super-elite, is equivalent to the VRC "AA", "Elite", and "AAA" :D

17. v1nc3nt

v1nc3nt Regular Member

I agree, Advanced is too broad now, they range from little kids can hit but can't move, to people who..work really hard but just needs a little more time...I think that instead a having so many Advaned groups they should just make another group with people that have skills between HIgh perf and Advanced...I personally go to High Perf and I think it's a great program.

18. DemonsBlood

DemonsBlood Regular Member

lol....gg.....advanced is good! wing omega....i bettter be not one of those craptastic people u are talking about :mad:

19. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    kool advance..man..Planning to take lessons, but I need an assesment. How long did your assesment take? Let me guess you need badminton shoes lol. Gotta buy those too...:crying:

20. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    Hmm I can smash,drop,slice,net shot pretty descent..I can take about 1 or 2 steps to get to the net from the centre of the net...do you think I'm intermediate lol?? Advanced may be too much for me lol----based on your opinion