How To Overcome Tense & Nervous??

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Darma Sucipto, May 15, 2006.

1. snowboy2008

snowboy2008 Regular Member

is there any hot female badminton players???

2. LD-DL

LD-DL Regular Member

Student
    hmm... ive seen some... but everyone has their own judgements... so i guess i dont know if there r many... but for me when i play in front of pretty girls... i get disconcentrated... my mind thinks "i have to do my best so that they notice"... but my body reacts differently...

3. gsc300

gsc300 Regular Member

Breathing may help, like take a deep breathe (maybe not too loud, people might think you are queer) ahd relax, play like you usually did in practise.
    :cool:

4. tinkerbella122

tinkerbella122 Regular Member

Student
    geez... talk about off-topic! :rolleyes: :p

5. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    The man is asking a question, but I think it'd be better if he searched elsewhere for his quest :p

6. Monster

Monster Regular Member

why talk about off-topic when we want to avoid off-topic ? jk.... hehehe

7. t3tsubo

t3tsubo Regular Member

Student
    on topic,
    try taking drama or puplic speaking at school. You after a bout a month or so you'll have no qualms about performing in front of people again :)

8. Ranmira

Ranmira Regular Member

EEE Student
    From a limited inter-school tournament perspective, I think that practice helps you gain the confidence to combat the game jitters, in the sense that you will have consistent shots to rely upon.

My friend also suggested that you fall back to the very basics if your trick and power shots aren't working -- maybe it's not just you having the jitters -- maybe it's also your opponent giving you a hard time. :D

Perhaps if you play some club games with something on the line, like dinner or maybe a free restring for a buddy. :D

9. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    meditate:p lol jk
    i used to get nerveus, but im a serious person by default, goes away after warm ups, try practicing harder, bring up ur self-confidence, change your grip(i donno makes me happy:) ) and float like a butterfly string like a bee, lol who says that?.. oh yah muhammed ali, yes thats all

10. t3tsubo

t3tsubo Regular Member

Student
    meditation works buddy:cool:
    just visualize the game or specific possibe occurances in your mind by meditation or just sitting down and closing your eyes for the a few min before you match.
    at least it always worked for me in competetive swimming :p. Our entire club visualized our races before our heat as to try swim the 'perfect' race.
    instead try play the 'perfect' game in your mind then translate it to reality ;)

11. ggagnon

ggagnon Regular Member

Engineer
    I think that by going to tournaments more regularly, this nervousness should become less significant. If you go in there, with the intention of just winning, you will take it too seriously and then will get more nervous. If you go in there with the attitude to learn and have fun, you will put less pressure on yourself and will probably perform better than you would otherwise.

Have fun

12. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    i know, i was serious about the meditation, put all your focus on the game

13. Oggie

Oggie Regular Member

Bank Employee
    when I joined my first badminton tournament, i was really concerned about the heckling of the opponent's supporters. i know it is something that i can not control.

however, when the game started, i don't know what happened but everything seemed quiet to me that i was able to concentrate on the game, do my stuff, win the game eventhough the crowd was very loud.

further to this, i noticed good breathing can make you relax and shrug that nervousness. probably i did so many on-stage competition such as impromptu speech competition, presenting in front of the bank's board of directors (with the risk of loosing face and the job) that i became acquainted to extreme pressure.... therefore, badminton tournament nervousness just becomes ... a routine feeling for me... inho.

#53 Oggie, Sep 2, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2006
  14. ggagnon

ggagnon Regular Member

Engineer
    Looking at everyones comments is that pressure can affect someone's performance so if you can reduce the pressure than this can help you perform better... whether it is to play competitively more often to get accustomed to competing (therefore reducing the pressure), meditating, visualising the game or changing your attitude in terms of what your goal is such as learning or enjoying the game can definitely improve your game. Also practice makes perfect... and sometimes... getting accustomed to a high level of pressure is what it takes. In general though, playing frequently and competively more had the best result for me.

15. tinkerbella122

tinkerbella122 Regular Member

Student
    I don't know if this will work for everyone, but a couple of days ago, I was playing badminton after listening to a song for about ten times. That night when I was playing, the song just kept on echoeing in my head and I just couldn't help but muttering the song during my match :eek: (it was such a good song!).

Music really helped me keep calm, but I wouldn't really recommend it because you lose focus wayy too easily [​IMG]