Match Schedule

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Hong Kong Open 2006' started by tsang1, Aug 20, 2006.

1. tsang1

tsang1 Regular Member

Does anyone know where i can find the match schedule for Korea Open?
    I have looked everywhere i know but cant find when exactly the matches are taking place.

Hope someon can help.

2. mikemike

mikemike Regular Member

boss
  3. tsang1

tsang1 Regular Member

Thanks for the info but this only gives th overall schedule and not the individual matches....Anyone has any info?

4. event

event Regular Member

Well, tomorrow we will again have 4 courts going and we start at 10AM and we have 53 singles matches (there are 11 byes in men's singles) and 16 doubles matches to get through. The mixed doubles(10-12)/women's singles(12-3)/men's singles(3PM-?) order is going to be followed. The matches are scheduled at 30 minute intervals so that makes 8 matches per hour. The answer to your question seems to be no, though, in terms of whether they will be available on the Internet. I hope this helps anyway, though.

5. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Well..event...can you post some of the results today and the matches tomorow...Thanks a lot...

6. event

event Regular Member

The tournament staff already did. See this post. Did anyone happen to notice how fast the qualifying results went up today? They are entering them into the computer as the umpires hand them the sheets but I don't know how fast they're getting up to the website. I'll ask tomorrow.

7. tsang1

tsang1 Regular Member

Thanks for the reply! That helped alot.

:) :) :)

8. event

event Regular Member

Oops. The 11 byes are in women's singles, not men's. There are no byes in the men's singles or mixed doubles draws as they stand now.

9. v3nnnn

v3nnnn Regular Member

student
    :eek: Candra will represent USA?? i thought he is retired:rolleyes:

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

hmm, i think it's a typo. it should still be INA...unless...:rolleyes:
    The website has been having several typos with thsome players' name & country's he/she is playing for..:p

11. event

event Regular Member

If you check, it is correct on the drawsheet. In the lists of players, they seem to have wanted to keep the doubles teams together so they may have put Candra under the U.S. heading to avoid putting Tony down as if he had no partner.

The previous mistakes, which they've since corrected, were present on both the draw sheets and the player lists but this one is different.

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

ok, thanks for the clarification, event..I know this is no big deal, but if the reason was "to avoid putting Tony down as if he had no partner", i think in a way it's yes and no. Yes, he(Tony) has no "partner" but at the same time no, Tony and Candra are playing as "free-lancer" partner...On that note, what would that make of Tony when he paired with Candra at the recent INA Open??(I believe Tony was playing under the USA flag and Candra the INA flag or when Tony paired with the Taiwanese women's double player ChiangWH?? at this yr's Taiwan Open??)..:p;) :rolleyes:

#12 ctjcad, Aug 21, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2006
  13. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    okaayy..now im confused, so what country is he representing now?

14. event

event Regular Member

Can I clarify a little further? It looks as if they wanted to do the list of athletes to classify them by country and also to classify them according to whether they were competing in singles or doubles. Then they wanted to go beyond that by showing us who their doubles partners were so they listed all doubles partnerships as pairs. They even put some players' names twice where they played both singles and doubles (ie Roman Spitko of Germany) just so that they could list teams as well. That seemed to work great except for the one partnership where the two partners were not of the same nation.

I agree it is a screw-up but it I just see the reason behind it being that they wanted to give a list of partnerships and classify them by country and then they didn't react correctly when one of the pairs didn't conform to that kind of classification system.

Still, they got it right on the draw sheet and it is right on the name boards under the scoreboard and we're announcing them correctly so hopefully the repercussions won't be too widespread.
    The information on the draw sheets is correct. Candra is representing Indonesia.

#14 event, Aug 24, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
  15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

event, thanks again for the clarification..I guess your last statement is what we're "looking for"..;):)