My Smashing Racket

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Zachariah, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Zachariah

Zachariah Regular Member

You're in trouble now - I'm getting out my smashing racket. And when this baby smashes, it really smashes!

[​IMG]

Well what do you know...It smashed...

This happened after slightly less than six months of once-weekly use. I was in the middle of an overhead clear and it just snapped cleanly in two, sending the head sailing to the other end of the court, where I wanted to hit the shuttle...

There are lots of people asking whether or not those cheap Browning rackets from Ebay are any good, well, here's one that wasn't.

Not saying they're all bad, mind, just that this one's shaft was a little bit too flexible for my style...

Coach lent me a Forza Asia Armour 20000, which I'll probably buy from him.

2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

my friend broke an ns9k x almost exactly like that.
    though to be fair, he did hit his partner's racquet with it, so i guess it wasn't all too surprising ...

3. SPaterson

SPaterson Regular Member

Student, Programmer
    I don't like Browning racquets; while I may have an unfair bias against them, I simply can't change the way I feel.

The logo they use is the same (Deer) of the "Browning" that make guns, shotguns, etc.: http://www.browning.com/

Again, given this is Badminton, and the manufacturers of the racquets probably have little to do with 'Browning' themselves other than their logo, however I still, can't give them my support. I don't want to start a debate nor argument, I'm just saying that is my opinion. Sorry if anyone else doesn't feel the same way; everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

/S Paterson.