Salary of the players

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Jessica, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Did you all ever wonder how much the players get each month and does all their money they win in the open title belongs to them???Anyone know this,plaese share.And did you all know who is the richest player???:confused: :confused:

2. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

The richest no doubt should be Taufik. Hehe........

3. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Ya lor,the Indonesia gorvernment gave him a land which worth many money.He is definitely a rich guy.Ha..ha..:D :D

4. libratwins

libratwins Regular Member

student
    taufik is so rich lor.how about the poor player?

5. jane_my

jane_my Regular Member

audit assistant
    how abt malaysian player?
    i only knew Lee chong wei and his teammates practise very hard but i dont know whether thier income make that worth...

6. ksooi

ksooi Regular Member

Entreprenuer
    I think that information id too sensitive to be posted here.....

As for prize money, the malaysian players get to keep all their prize money.....most of the other BA take 30% of the players prizemoney.

as For LCW, for winning 2 Commonwealth gold medals and also the ABC singles championship all within a 45 day period, he received a +-RM250000 bonus paycheck from the malaysian government......

So the rest is up to your own imagination......

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    If you are a winner, the givernement may reward you. For HK players, there is the incentive of awards for outstanding acheivements like LCW. I think the reward is of the same magnitude as well. Normally, it is much more modest. But win more = gain more;)

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Well Taufik have alot of money. But he may not be rich in terms of Cash in hand with the way he spend. But it is still good enough as a badminton player. :) Go taufik.

9. akn112

akn112 Regular Member

I know my salary from playing badminton...-50$/month on misc costs and items

10. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

rofl thats funny

11. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Ya,Malaysia treat all the players well but wow!!!LCW is really a rich guy...Ha..ha....He has RM 250000 for just 45 days, some poeple may not get it even though a year...But he has put in many affort to accieve this so he deserves to get this:)

12. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    He got RM250,000 not for just 45 days' work. It was for intensive 5-and-a-half day per week training for many years. He didn't become a professional player on day 1 of those 45 days.

13. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Dating the general's daughter need lots of money... It may not be any cheaper even after they married. :D

14. ksooi

ksooi Regular Member

Entreprenuer

Malaysia does give good bonus incentives to its athletes.....but as treating their badminton players well.....difficult to say:rolleyes: .......but it has certainly improved ever since limao and rexy came over :D :D :D ....

15. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    Badminton: Reaping the rewards

25 Jul 2006
    K.M. Boopathy

RM346,653 and counting... This is the sum World No 1 Lee Chong Wei has banked in from his many successes on the badminton circuit, and the incentive payments from the Badminton Association of Malaysia and the Government.

SUCCESS has its rewards. Just ask national shuttler Lee Chong Wei who has so far earned RM346,653 thanks to his outstanding performances and consistency this year.

Though Chong Wei lost to China’s Lin Dan in the Macau Open final on Sunday, he thoroughly deserves what he is enjoying not that it has not come easily for him.

The men’s singles on the international grand prix circuit is extremely competitive but despite that, Chong Wei is up there challenging the might of China’s players.

Chong Wei has played in seven grand prix tournaments this year, reaching five finals and winning three.
    [​IMG]
    Chong Wei’s victories in the Swiss Open, Asian Championships and Malaysia Open have also helped him achieve another career goal — the World No 1 ranking, a position he captured on June 29.

Chong Wei’s earnings from prize money stand at US$44,300 (RM163,653) while under the BA of Malaysia’s ranking incentive scheme, he has so far received RM85,000 for being the World No 1.

There was also the RM88,000 windfall for winning the Melbourne Commonwealth men’s singles and team gold. Chong Wei was also rewarded RM10,000 after being named the 2005 National Sportsman of The Year.

However, money is not Chong Wei’s sole motivating force as the shuttler is more focused on establishing himself as the world’s best player.

Despite being World No 1, Chong Wei has found China’s Lin Dan his biggest obstacle in his quest to win more titles and the Chinese shuttler has already denied the Malaysian glory twice this year, in the Taiwan and Macau Open finals.

"I have become the World No 1 but have beaten Lin Dan only once. He has been beating me regularly and I must break his run," said Chong Wei.

"There are several good players on the circuit but my only worry is Lin Dan. He is the one who can deny me the title in the World Championships (on Sept 18-24 in Madrid) and I must keep working very hard.

"I think there will be more battles between the two of us. It could happen in the Thailand Open this week and I’m looking forward to the tournament.

"The incentives have been good but that’s not my aim. It’s about winning and the World Championship title is my main goal."

The Thailand Open begins in Bangkok tomorrow.

If Chong Wei and Lin Dan make the final, it will be the fifth time they will be meeting with the latter having a 3-1 record.

Their rivalry is expected to climax at the World Championships and Chong Wei wants to get it right in Madrid. The Asian on Dec 1-15 is the other major event both will be looking to strike gold in and if Chong Wei is successful in Madrid and Doha, he could well breach the magical RM500,000 mark by year’s end.

Source: www.nst.com.my

Wah..:D :eek: :D :eek: :D

16. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    You means that he has earn over RM 300000 just within a year???I think that Malaysia really treat all the sportsman very good and has given out many rewards..So LCW, continue with you hardwork..we will support you..

17. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    but it is kinda sad to see how hard badminton players train yet cannot hit million dollar mark unlike tennis.... :(

18. ksooi

ksooi Regular Member

Entreprenuer

that is only prizemoney, incentives and bonuses......he still gets paid a salary.....the higher ranked he is, the more bonus he receives......thats why LCW works very hard in his game

19. ksooi

ksooi Regular Member

Entreprenuer
    hehe....coz badmonton is still not considered a professional sport :( ....just look at the prizemoney in each tournament.....US10k for the winner compared to probably US500K for tennis or even golf......

once it starts to pick up hopefully in the US and more tv airtime hopefully the sponsors would start coming in......:D

20. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    It has nothing to do with the US.

It is the asian market that is the problem. If we cannot get sponsors, fans and media in Asia to support it (and mind you, badminton is supposed to be THE sport here), it is silly to expect the sport to even become popular and profitable in the US where hardly anybody bothers. It is furthermore very humiliating that we are not able to promote our favourite sport and requires countries that simply do not bother about badminton to promote it? Its our responsibility, not theirs.

The ultimate responsibility rests with us. We are the problem why badminton is not rich because we are mostly cheap people. We should spend more on badminton, demand more TV coverage and attend more badminton tournaments. When was the last time we actually spent good money on badminton? Why do they show golf on TV more often than badminton? Does people suddenly become golf players instead of badminton players the moment they got rich?

So, forget the fantasy about the US. Why do people in Asia tend to have this stupid mentality to expect the US to help our cause or solve our problems and then we complain about them when they get involved? Reminds me of the Koreans and the Japanese, they don't want the US military there but they can't save their own ass. :D