Aviva Open Singapore 2006 Pictures

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by Loh, Jun 6, 2006.

1. tama-aki

tama-aki Regular Member

Grad student
    Podcast, news, pics

Hi,
    Yeah I didn't have time to read the news here during this year. I didn't know if there was a gathering or game. But anyway, I played with Raphael and Yves (from badmintonphoto.com). Raphael is good. I took him to Indonesian weekly games in Delta.

I'll post the pics when I am done with stuffs...argh......world cup (soccer).

Interviews of semi and finals are also available in podcasts at badminton-indonesia.com

Aki

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

A bit off topic..

Hi Aki, how is it going??..this is Chris, we met last yr, remember??..hehe;):)
    Yah, Raphael Sachetat(IBF's official photographer) is a pretty good player. I saw him play singles last yr here, in one of the BC get-together day, during the WC at a local club.
    Looking fw to your pics...BTW, i went to your website a few times, badminton-indonesia, but for some reason i can't get the most up-to-date infos...sorry, is it for members only now??..:rolleyes: :confused:

Anyways, i couldn't go this yr to S'pore..Perhaps next yr again, and we all can meet together...:rolleyes: ;) :cool:

#62 ctjcad, Jun 12, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2006
  3. terry

terry Regular Member

Yeah...LOH...too bad we didn't got chance to hang out! but i have great time over here!. Next year ok!

4. tama-aki

tama-aki Regular Member

Grad student
    Hi,
    Of course I remember! LOL...

Well Raphael used to be a professional player I think (?). I was told that in Jakarta last year he was Pi's sparring partner :). Maybe even until now.

Yes pics are coming.....

Our website has been up and down. We've suffered so many attacks from our Malaysian friends. I don't know why they attack our website as it's not even government/political sites. We get attacked mostly when the two countries have disputes. It's a shame but well...

We managed to get it up soon or at least we will try to get the news section up and the rest can wait. members area isn't working anymore after recent attacks.

I used to write a lot in English so that you guys can know what's going on in Indonesia but I don't have that much time anymore :).

So, i guess podcast is the easier way to do it these days. I'll try doing it weekly at least.

hey come to Singapore again!!!

Aki

5. terry

terry Regular Member

ANts and Terry...hahaha....:D

Attached Files:

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic..

Aki,
    sorry to hear abt the situation with your website. I was wondering "what happened to the website". But i'm quite clear now..:p ;) Hope you'll be able to manage it and have it up and running again soon, as i know you're busy as well..:rolleyes: ;)
    Anyways, yah, hopefully next yr. we can meet again!..keep in touch!:)

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Sampling of Fun-loving Supporters

The Aviva Open Singapore has become an event for all badminton and sports lovers - the young and old, family with kids in tow, the trendy and not so trendy, the active and inactive - they all love to meet at this diamond-shaped, Japanese inspired, comfortable and air-conditioned location. The number attending this year is not bad although I do not have the official figures.

Hordes of school children could be seen in their uniforms as this event was held during their month-long school holidays! They added colour and vibrancy to the tournament as they applauded with their balloon clappers and cheered in unison. During the finals, the pair of hand-drum players hammered a familiar Malay rhythm interspersing between rallies which the spectators appreciated and joined in with their clappers given free by the organisers. That provided an instantaneous background music to the proceedings.

It was a fun-filled event and the younger participants were cajoled into responding loudly with their vocals to the wishes of the emcee engaged during the finals to add more noise, excitement and entertainment for all.

Attached Files:

8. storkbill

storkbill Regular Member

sorry we didn't meet. I was looking out for Loh but not sure where he was

9. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

Thanks bro Loh .......
    can I have the origibal size of this picture ?

[​IMG]

10. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Hahaha... sharp camera. Caught in the act. :D

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Brothers Creating Storm in MD

Debutant brothers, Indonesian born Hendry Kurniawan Saputra and Hendra Wijaya now wearing Singapore colours, created a mini-storm in the MD.

Being unknowns, they had to endure the two qualification rounds, beating the Singaporean pairs of Alvin Fu/Koh Yan Sen 21-9, 21-12 in 25 min and Pu Yunbiao/Daniel Yudi Kurniawan 21-3, 21-9 in 14 min - the quickest time of the entire tournament.

They entered the main draw as a result, but more were to come. Few would have given them a chance to beat Indonesia's young second doubles pair of Hendra Setiawan/Markis Kido in R1, but they did in identical straight games of 21-16 in 40 mins. Fewer would think that they could take a game off Malaysia's world-ranked veteran pair of Lee Wan Wah/Tan Choong Fok but they shocked us with an emphatic victory of 21-12 for both games in merely 26 mins.

Only the tough Danish pair of Thomas Laybourn/Lars Paaske were able to stop their smooth passage in a hard-fought match of three games 13-21, 21-12, 23-21 in an hour! And the Danes could have lost had the younger Hendra not got over-excited and crash the shuttle into the net when it should have been an easy kill. They would have carried the Singapore fight into the SF and made Singapore badminton history with attractive rewards awaiting!

And to think that these same two brothers were once told to leave the national team because they failed in the long distance run test. They returned after a year in much better shape and Hendry in particular, was chosen to partner China-born Li Yujia in the XD. This XD partnership had also caused a stir when they beat much higher ranked pairs. At their peak, I think they reached WR10.

I'm sure we'll hear more from the brothers. :)

Attached Files:

12. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I have a crush on Li Yujia... :p

13. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Aren't her BF KBH? You better watch your back when hanging around the malaysian team. :p

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    This is what they called 'infatuation' or is it 'puppy love' for ants? :D

I must admit that we were stunned by her natural beauty when she first appeared in the Singapore badminton scene.

But ants already took a pic with her during the last SEA Games in Manila. Or is it more than one? Wonder what ants did to the pic?

#74 Loh, Jun 13, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2006
  15. ants

ants Regular Member

Haiya.. crush only... :p

16. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Don't worry, KBH is no match for our ants :D
    & yeah I think she's a stunner as well!

17. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Hirose is kawaii.... Pi Hongyan is very pretty in person... but my favourite is Korean singles player Hwang Hye Youn :D Too bad she lost to Kanako...

Attached Files:

18. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    With Ra Kyung-min as her coach, I hope Hwang Hye Youn will be a very good player in the near future :)

Attached Files:

19. verinee@yey

verinee@yey Regular Member

stdnt
    may i know KBH is it kuan beng hong?:p

20. ants

ants Regular Member

EastDevel No worries.. I'm ok with KBH.. beside me , i know few players in the Msian Stable that likes Li Yujia :p