NS9000 Vs AT800DE

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by dreamcatcher18, Jun 1, 2006.

1. dreamcatcher18

dreamcatcher18 Regular Member

I'm wondering if anyone who has used both the NS9000 X/S and the AT800DE (or all 3 models) could compare their performances in terms of power, control, feel etc. Furthermore, which of these models do you think is more suitable for someone who plays both singles and doubles? Looking forward to reading your opinions.

(I apologize in advance if the comparisons between the NS9000 and the AT800DE have already been discussed before in detail. It's just that I didn't seem to be able to find related threads when I did a search.)

2. Slacker

Slacker Regular Member

Baddy Fanatic/Addict FULL-TIME!!!
    Hi dreamcatcher18.... i used to own a NS9K S (3UG5) and now owned a AT800DE (3UG4).... in terms of power for smashes and clears and control/feel especially at the net... AT800DE outshone NS9K S. AT800DE also feels more accurate and stable....thou its head-heavy balance, it is still very much more manoevrable compared to other head heavy rackets which has a reputation to be sluggish. :)

However for manouevrability and defence, NS9K S is the winner. NS9K S really enhances yr defensive capabilities and speed. Somemore, it feels light due to its head-light balance.....so its not tiring playing with this racket at all....a pleasure to your tiring arm. :p But to generate powerful smashes, one might need a good deal of wrist power... and with that, i still think that AT800DE offers more power and control and a more balanced racket overall with speed and power combined. ;)

However, if u are using a slight head-heavy racket (Mp99, Ti10 etc) or those extreme head-heavy ones (AT700 etc), u will need some major adjustments as for my case....the timing and feel of the NS9K S is just quite different. :eek:

But choice of racket is all due to preferences of each individuals...perhaps u can try to borrow from friends or team-mates who has the rackets to try it out first. But as for me... i will prefer the AT800DE. ;)

3. dreamcatcher18

Hi Slacker. Thanks very much for your response. I really appreciate your input. May I ask which racquet you used before purchasing the NS9000S? In addition, which of the two (NS9000S or AT800DE) do you think makes a better racquet for playing both singles and doubles?

4. Slacker

Slacker Regular Member

Its ok man....Btw, was using 3U Mp99 and 2U Cab30ms before i bought the 3U NS9K S. Then sold the NS9K S away and went to buy 3U AT800DE. :)

Hmm, as to which racket is better for playing both singles and doubles, its up to your own preference. Both rackets are excellent rackets with their own advantages. But for me and i only played doubles, i will prefer the AT800DE. ;)

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    nicely put, I would had said the same thing;)

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

if even a slacker likes the DE, why waste the energy:confused: :p

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

if even a slacker likes the DE, why waste the energy:confused: :p

8. Slacker

Slacker Regular Member

Hi cooler, dun interpret me thru my nick and associate with the good qualities of AT800DE. Quite embarassing. hahahaha :D:D:D

Register my nick as it is now coz was riding a scrambler (dirtbike) at the time i came upon this forum and there's a dirtbike community in Spore...here's the forum webpage... http://www.slackriders.com/fo2rum/ so my nick is just a cut-short version of Slackrider. :p :p :p

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

hahahaha, my nic came about from an overclocking forum about cooling:D
    http://www.coolermaster.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=9

10. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

NS9000S 3UG5 lacks power and stablilty is somehow true.
    But AT800DE 3UG5 should be compared with NS9000S 2UG5 since they are both the heavy version . In this case, NS9000S outperform in every aspect. Even compared with AT700 3Ug5, NS9000S still has even amount of power and easier to play with.

I had AT700 AT800DE NS8000 MP100 NS9000 S/X ,
    all heavy version except for mp100.
    And I had played with some light version of nanospeed and AT800DE.
    The light versions sucked.
    In my experience, only a few rackets are good for light version. Ex: mp100 Ti10 NS9000X
    Especially nanospeed series. light versions of nanospeed series lack power and stability except for ns9000X.

If you can use Armortec series 3U version, don't think about 3U nanospeed then. Just go for 2U.

11. dreamcatcher18

Thanks again for your reply. Just curious, was there something you didn't like about the MP99? Am I right to assume that you like the AT800DE better than the MP99?

12. dreamcatcher18

Hi foo.tw. Thank you for your response.

Do you like your NS9000S better than your NS9000X? How would you compare them against each other?

13. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

I love NS9000X a lot, it gives you a feeling of confidence.
    But it is a bit too stiff for me. For a non-Pro player, I would recommend 9000-S 2U. The game become easier with 9000S 2U. Even in a highly competitive game 9000-S can still generate good power, not excelent though.
    This means=>
    If I can play 9000-X 2U as easy as 9000-S, I would go for 9000X.( the feel control power are better than S and speed is as well as S)

But, IMO, 9000X is not an easy-to-use racket for most people.( maybe easy for some people who can use 2U mp100 easily)

14. dreamcatcher18

Thanks again, foo.tw, for your comment.

15. jcl49

jcl49 Regular Member

Did you import the 2u versions from other regions (SP/TH)? I was under the impression that in TW, 2u was virtually non-existent.

16. ymkao

ymkao New Member

Actually, 2U rackets are very easy to get in Taiwan.

17. brad77

brad77 New Member

own machine shop
    I am trying to decede between the 9000 xs and the armor 800 off. I have a pretty agressive smash but i dont know which will be better for me, and what weight.

18. Xanify

Xanify Regular Member

Off topic: NS9 has a gross paint job and it's priced at 500+ bucks while the AT 800 has a decent look and it's like 300 bucks cheaper if I'm not wrong.

19. storkbill

storkbill Regular Member

AT800 is $300 cheaper than NS9000? You mean if i buy an AT800 they give me money? :D

3U NS9000 may lack some power compared to 2U NS9000 (actually not that it lacks power but because most people do not have the wrist/forearm strength to generate high power from a lightweight headlight racquet) but stablity of the 3U NS9000 is very very good in terms of net play and drives.

Anyway in Singapore, 9000 S seems to be all 3U so you don't have much choice. Maybe in future the distributor will bring in 2U.

20. Billionaire

Billionaire New Member

just ask youself when u r using ur current racquets!
    do u wish ur racquet/s now to be heavier or lighter? more head heavy or head light? flexiable/stiffer shaft?
    now that u ve answered ur self those questions; discribe it and search the forum.
    for me, i was looking for a super light, but more balance or head heavy, with not too stiff shaft.

i concluded that AT800de or nano8000 is for me. Will try demos of them shortly.
    and dont think too much about racquet technologies. The Nana or E-Ti is just the words or marketing stuff... it might help but at the end, those guys are as good 10+ years ago with their 10+ year old Ti-10s.