Taufik Has Returned

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by indra, Jun 4, 2006.

1. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Yawn... same old message recycled in different words. Taufik is one of my favourite players but this idol worshipping is going too far :rolleyes:

2. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper

I agree with you on this.

Taufik Hidayat is a talented player but some of these fans make him like he's god and cannot be rivaled by other top world-class players. News is that he can be troubled by many top world-class players. Taufik may be better than most of his rivals overall but he isn't dominating like you hard-core fans make him out to be.

You know who are dominating? It is the Chinese women (singles & doubles) as they always come out on top and rarely ever get troubled by their opponents in the recent years yet you don't see their fans going around and worship them like they are gods and talk down on other players.

This is precisely my point; Taufik is not far from his opponents yet his fans constantly talk as if he's "larger than life" while on the other hand the real dominating force is the Chinese women yet the fans rarely ever idolize (vocally) them like you TH fans. Trust me you guys wouldn't like it if they start to do it too with the Chinese women and team (overall). It is okay to do it to some extent but too much like Indra and some others here is not too healthy. Sometime I get really annoyed by these comments and wishes he would lose to shut some of you up. But then again you guys will probably come up with excuses for his loss as you guys have done so in the past.

I am sorry but I am not trying to start a flaming war. I am just asking you guys to tone it down a little bit. You know what's funny Taufik is the talented one yet he's very modest (in my opinion) though the same cannot be said for some of his hard-core fans (the modesty stuff). I'm sure there are quite a few number of people who agree with my what I am saying.

Remember, some modesty wouldn't hurt.

#22 virusvoodoo, Jun 5, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  3. virusvoodoo

court mopper
    Forgot to add that I am not only speaking to hard-core fans of TH but also to fans of other players such as Lin Dan, Peter Gade, Lee Choong-Wei, etc. It's good to idolize these players but don't go overboard and start talking down on other players.

4. nelsonkong

nelsonkong Regular Member

Quantity Surveyor
    yeah....there is no definate champion..Taufik is strong. but so is others. Everyone has their top and down...it is just too bad LCW can't perform that well in this Indonesia open...i wish to see him plays against taufik or lindan...regardless who win..XD

5. virusvoodoo

court mopper
    Yes, LCW is a great player and hope that he will top Wong Choong-Hann in achievement.

6. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Isn't it time to forget about all the silly rubbish that Taufik is not 100% fit and things like that? He can run, he can smash, so he is fit. Also, BCL seems to look very tired during the Indonesian Open so BCL is also not 100% fit. And guess what? Everybody never seems to be 100% fit anyway.

I am extremely sick and tired of all the BS about injured or not fit used as excuses. All players are who they are on the court irregardless of whatever kind of conditions. If they lose, they are not the better player and if they win, they are the better player.

I have never heard of any other player that have so much disillusional fans that spend all their time finding excuses for the player's performance. These fans will end up discrediting that player.

7. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    I am sure Taufik also felt DEMOLISHED by a few players during the Thomas Cup 2006. But of course, he was injured and not 100% fit blah blah blah...

8. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    To be honest the 21point doesn't reflect closeness of the match anymore.. thats how I feel, all it takes is for 1 fella to suddenly lose focus and allow opponent to catch up and level the score...
    certainly we saw both players were dreaming that day on the final

9. indra

indra Regular Member

In fact TH is still sick :D ...
    Yes...I am his strong supporter but I respect other players:)
    It is always nice to be a 100% supporter of a player...That's the soul of "Sports Supportership [my own expression]):D .

In sports, you will have to choose on which side you stand....that is a matter of "either or". I have from the beginning always been on the side of TH or Indonesia....:D .

So...don't feel tired or annoyed or the kind please...this is sports...it is common...I always consider Badminton as fun, entertaining sports...not life and death:D ...

So take it easy friends:)

10. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    You can also suddenly lose focus and let your opponent catch up under the 15-point system.

11. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    remember theres service over :p
    so it is a better reflection of closeness of match in my opinion;)

12. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    21-point system:
    A wins 21 rallies. B wins 19 rallies. That's close. Score 21-19. That shows how close it is. There's no hiding it.

15-point system:
    A wins 21 rallies. B wins 19 rallies. It could be only 2-0 for A. If A and B keeps doing this, it would be 15-0. It would not reflect that A had won over a hundred rallies or (even two hundred) and B only about 15 times less. It is a close game, but it's still 15-0.

13. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    15-0 shows that a player is far more supreme in terms of fitness and skills;)

14. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    I accept and agree the fact that people support their favourites strongly. But I think there should be fair assessment of even their favourite player(s)'s performance. Don't you think it will be very corny that if the player wins, he is back... and if he loses, he is injured (and whatever else)?

I admire Taufik's powerful smashes and net play... but I constantly get turned off by some of his fans.

15. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Maintaining focus is also a very vital skill of true champions. And the intensity of the game now makes sure that players do their best for every point right from the bell... or rather when the umpire says "play". :D

16. bguy7890

bguy7890 Regular Member

It's funny to see people claiming that if so and so is at his/her 100%, then he/she would have won.
    If a player is at his/her so called "100%" only 5% or 10% of the time, then I think we should simply call it "110%", etc.
    Personally, I think "100%" should refer to the normal (majority of the time) level at which a player can perform.

17. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    It always spark alot of contraversial and argument whenever Taufik's name is mentioned lol

18. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

He's just excited over Taufik's win in Indonesia Open n hopes he will do the same thing in other tournaments... If u ask me, I would tell him not be so certain on everything.. He looks innocent... I think he just didn't mean it

There are always hardcore fans in every kind of sport... not everybody is third-person-viewing, you may wanna try take it easy.. It's not nice when it involves western n eastern thing... Sport gets ppl from all over the world talking, so make it peaceful here... i know you guys can do it..

#38 hara^kazuko, Jun 5, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  19. stphy32

stphy32 New Member

International Business Management office stuff & P
    I disagree with that statement.

I agree more with what hcyong said. A game can be very close and competitive yet sometimes the scores don't reflect it.

The rally scoring is better IMO.

Also, people who are obsessed with other people, be it badminton players or anybody else, need to relax a little. :) Being a fan and a supporter of someone is great, but obsessing about them is not....

20. itchy monkey

itchy monkey Regular Member

jobless
    you fellas are just jealous of Taufik becuase ur idol isn't as charasmatic and charming as Taufik and of course no where near in term of skills haha.

if you can't take don't say anything at all it will only fuel taufik hardcore fan to idolised him even more, so shut ur hole. oh dear how sad never mind

just take it easy man:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D