Back Problem

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by trinity, Mar 4, 2006.

1. trinity

trinity Regular Member

Engineer
    Hey guys

Everytime i push myself to the limit in training or a game...my back starts to hurt. I coukd of been the bed i was sleeping on was bent inward, but i got that fixed and i now have a new hard bed. Its been probably half a year now and this problem comes up.
    The pain is located near my lower vertabre, in case if u don't know where what is, it is where my torso seperates from my butt and its around my spine. It feels like my muslce is tense because when i try to massage the pain the area feels hard. And i also have pain when i try to striaghten up. The only way i could temporary take the pain away is to lay down and reest for a few minutes, but i comes back anyway.
    Do u guys know what i should do, see a doctor, sleep on the floor or is it my bed again?
    Thanks

2. Takara

Takara New Member

i used to have that same problem last year in middle school.l during hurdles for track and i accidently twisted my back during a race and it started hurting as if i pulled a muscle or something. but it went away after a while since i took a long break from doing much anything that might involve my back to move. but then it came back when i was training for my school football team. i think i put too much force on it or something.

another thing may be scoliosis. it might be the cause of your pain. please correct me if im wrong. scoliosis is a common problem that starts to develope around 13-14. it affects the spine by making it grow in an abnormal angle or something like that. maybe you should check your doctor. its a easy problem to fix with some excerises. but if severe, youll need to get a back case thing or an operation on your back. i happen to have it but my doctor says its really little to affect me. hope this helps

3. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    You may have to start strengthening your core muscles. For starters, try to engage your abs more through proper sitting posture. Also, get someone to look at your overhead strokes for clearing and smashing... you might be bending your back too much to compensate for taking the shot late.

4. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    The problem probably is the ligament that runs along your backbone (that's why it takes so long to recover). Since you also pushed yourself to the limit, there are probably muscle damage near the same area too. I am not a doctor so it is better for you to see a physiotherapist soon (not a chiropractor or a regular doctor).

5. bchaiyow

bchaiyow Regular Member

Sound a lot like my problem.Well, I had surgery ten yrs ago for disc herniation. I went back to badminton last year. A month ago, I injured my back again from snow shovelling. The pain was almost gone (had last physio session). But on the same day, I arch my back, and BAM, the pain was so bad, I couldn't straigten up. I manage to walk to my car and drove to hospital. They gave me tylenol-3 and xray. They said probably muscle problem. The next day was good. It's been 2 weeks since the major pain. Not user what it is. But the thing is, When I am straight, lying down, or sitting down I have no problem. No one would know have problem, but when I hop/jump, the pain is quite bad. I take tylenol extra strength everyday now. But your problem sounds like mine since, the pain comes when I go from bent position to straight, or when I hop, or even cough/sneeze.

It really sicks as I ahvent benn going to badminton for 1 month now :(
    Anyway, I am getting MRI this Wednesday (mar 8, 2006). I wll let you know what it is when the results are out. Hope it is just muscle thing.

bchaiyow

6. trinity

trinity Regular Member

Engineer
    thanks for the info guys
    ill try some methods of strengthing my abs and also go see a doctor while at it.
    and bchaiyow i hope u get better!

7. bchaiyow

bchaiyow Regular Member

Hi Trinity,

Well, as expected, the MRI results show that I have post-operative (surgery) scarring which is adhering to ht enerve root, hence the pain. So, starting tomorrow, I will be going to physio for a specail kind of physio where they will try and stretch me in such a way that the nerve and the sacr will separate. I had scarring 3 yrs ago, but it went away by itself after a few months..altho, this time the pain is more severe, hopefully with physio and rest, this will go away as well...otherwise more surgery, which means more scars....

So how is your back now? Hope you're getting better...my pain is ok in the morning but gets worse as the day progresses..makes sense...

bchaiyow

8. trinity

trinity Regular Member

Engineer
    Hey Bchaiyow,
    Well, my back is starting to feel better. I began to develop a better posture and tried not to slouch as much. Im also thinking of working out more so i can develop more muscle strenght aswell. Ill try to test my body out next week (spring break!! yaya) to see if there is anymore problem.
    I hope your physio can help you get better!!

S.

9. ProWhip

ProWhip Regular Member

I just read about your back problem and i think i might have the same problem right now. I first injured it when i was playing badminton and i think i overtwisted my back trying to hit a hard shot. And its been hurting for awhile. I've been resting for a couple weeks, it doesnt hurt, but its sore somedays, and if i start playing badminton it starts to hurt again. I'm not sure what it is and was wondering if any of you guys would know? thanks

10. CkcJsm

CkcJsm Regular Member

i think u should see a docotr and take a x-ray. try buying thos ebackbraces and rest for a while. it'll only get worse if u dont rest or u ignore it...

or u may have scolsis(ur spine is crooked)

11. Matrix

Matrix Regular Member

Regional Sales Manager
    Hi Trinity,
    I too have a back problem. When u sleep on a hard bed, actually it is good for yr spines. Try to sleep with 2 pillows supporting yr lower legs. or alternatively u may bend yr knees n sleep. this will elevate yr back posture and straighten yr spine. For long term, u may consider doing pilates to strengthen yr core muscles especially doing the 50s or 100s.;) It will certainly help.:)
    Matrix:D

12. trinity

trinity Regular Member

Engineer
    Thanks guys
    ill make these advice into realtiy
    Trinity