MALAYSIA fans

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006' started by sweety :D, May 7, 2006.

1. smash23

smash23 Regular Member

I would say totally NO USE.

With this kind standard from Hafiz & KBH. Even you give them Yang Yang + Han Jian + Li Mao + Morten Frost as their coach also equal to zero.

Both of them are Standard 6 student standard.

Hafiz is like playing Women Single. No energy and ohm at all. No energy to chase the shuttler. He seems like playing relax only until opponent score 18 points already. Then, only he fight back.

Kuan Beng Hong worst still. When I saw him come out from the changing room, his face like sick people. Is like having bird flu or SARS patient. He is like blur blur don't know what to do. I am wondering at that time he know he is stepping on badminton court or not? I think he is still dreaming somewhere. He don't even have the basic skills. Persson was not a very good player and at that day he play badly. But unfortunately, our so called 3rd Men Singles SUPERSTAR performed worst than him 100xxxxx.

GO HOME LAH..... HAFIZ & KUAN BENG HONG. Totally made Malaysian shameful only with this kind of standard. Is this Malaysian's standard? Malaysia don't have more potential players? This is Malaysian second & third best Men Singles Players? Totally unacceptable.:mad: :mad: :mad:

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad

I do agree in a way. Maybe we should come up with a new slogan.

3. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Wow, I think the comment from Smash23 is a little to harsh. Whilst I somewhat agree the Hafiz performance was dissapointing, I can really feel for KBH. At such a young age and being thrown into the semi final unexpectedly and suddenly the whole nation success/failure is on his shoulder! Imagine the amount of pressure he was facing!

I watched that live match, and after the initial exchanges, I told my wife that KBH was going to beat Persson as he looked more skillful and agile than the Danes. However as the match went on, the nerve must have got onto him and he started to rush the shuttle and tried to win points quickly - there was when he started to make unforced erros. I still think in any normal day, KBH can beat Persson. But on that semi final, his nerves (or the lack of it) cost him dearly.

4. sweetgal

sweetgal Regular Member

well.. forgive them.. they have to be under a lot of pressure.. the way westerners ensure success is by motivating their success.. they usually say things like,"just do your best" or "You can do it, i have faith in you." on the other hand, typical chinese would say things like, "you better do well.. the whole msia squad's future depends on you," or maybe "don't let me down, i put a lot of work in you"

I guess some people crack under pressure, and i think that's what happened to kuan beng hong and lee chong wei.. lcw made a lot of unforced errors and we cant blame him for being too nervous.. badminton is a major sport and when it's tournaments like the thomas cup, players are expected to do well and some people crack under the pressure.. You can be fully prepared and at your best but once you get nervous, everything just goes wrong.

So don't blame it on the players that they blew the chance.. Lee chong wei actually admitted that he was the reason they didn't get into the finals. Let's just say well done for doing your best and not blame hafiz hashim, kuan beng hong or lee chong wei for playing lousily.. I'm sure they wanted it so much more than we did.

So, jia you, msia squad.. nothing you did was wrong.. it just so happened that the danes got luckier..

oh yea.. abt malaysia boleh, i dont think they meant it that way.. must be some encouragement like, you can do it!! haha.. well.. different people different interpretation..

#24 sweetgal, May 9, 2006
    Last edited: May 9, 2006
  5. alloh

alloh Regular Member

:D Yes.... 99.99% agree with you.
    Btw, they are already came home to Malaysia, no need ask they "go home lah".

6. ursexy_eleanor

ursexy_eleanor Regular Member

LoL! I'm still wondering when did this slogan "MALAYSIA BOLEH" came up....

7. kasuya

kasuya Regular Member

Anybody noticed how in a tennis game, the crowd cheers AFTER every point and keep quiet as soon as the match resumes.... In badminton, the crowd just won't STFU!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: It is so inappropriate... you don't distract players in the middle of a match with loud cheers that absolutely won't do anything but mess up their focus!

8. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    It can sometimes be attributed to the type of supporters and/or local audience associated with the sport such as social background, manners, etc. Some tournament venue tend to be more rowdy than others and it can mistakenly be equated with "passion".

9. hollywood_t

hollywood_t Regular Member

Cheering & Decent result vs. DEN

Actually I thought the MAL cheering isn't so bad espcially the fat guy who is the official cheerleader for Malaysia.

You know the one w/ the special crazy shirt and hat w/ the ritual to put on. He does all the moves like giving pistols and amping up the crowd.

Seriously, 2-3 loss vs. Denmark isn't a catastrophe. Once MAL lost WOng the #2 singles guy that was my immediate prediction. Need major miracles to beat DEN & then CHN after that.

You've got a big hole in the singels right there vs any quality team:

That' 0-1 right off. To win the semi either MAL singles or doubles would have to sweep the Danes!! How on earth you could reasonable expect that is beyond me. Both DEN singles and doubles are top 5 or top 10 ... & in form & it's not like MAL players had a decisive edge over their opponents ....

So to me the minor miracle of MAL doubles sweeping the Danes 2-0 was rightfully balanced by both singles losing 0-2.... You can't expect the Gods of the Odds to be that kind to the whole MAL team right?

I'm not from Malaysia (although in the 70's my Dad almost took a post at Univerisity of Malaya) so maybe it's easier to be objective but 2-3 vs. DEN is a decent result w/ a major injury w/ up & coming doubles.

Still in 2 years the might chinese machine will probably roll everone over. I do think MAL has the best chance though to topple as in 2yrs MAL doubles could dominate the world scene ... all u need is 1 pt from Lee Chong Wei & singles and upset in the making.