Blame me for the defeat, says Lee

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006' started by Malaysianfan, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mirrura

mirrura Regular Member

part time dreamer
    May I know what is the purpose of being assigned as a Captain? I can't think of any at the moment because as we know, the coaches are the ones who choose which players to be fielded and the coaches are the ones who are giving advices and tips. What effects will it have if Tan Fook or Wan Wah is chosen instead?

2. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

The captain's duty to steady the ship when it is rocking. In other words, he buys drinks when the boys are doing well and gives **** when they are not.

3. alloh

alloh Regular Member

Errrr....... sorry, the MAS team captain is Wong Chong Hann not Lee Choong Wei.

4. alloh

alloh Regular Member

:D :D I like your word above. :D :D

future = unknown time

So..... just wait for the future coming :cool:

5. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    I think the Chinese players' number one advantage is not just fitness but mental toughness. It is amazing how they can handle the pressure and simply play their game. I think why the other countries cannot do as well is down to mental toughness and not skill as I believe Malaysia and Denmark have enough good players that can win on any given day.

6. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    LCW shouldn't blame himself!!! :( He just didn't play as well that day and there were alot of pressure on him :( But I thought he would have beaten Peter Gade but he didn't :mad: :D Hope he plays better next time. :)

7. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Thats right....and there is only one formula to do better than them, discipline and train harder and smarter.

8. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    Actually, after WCH was sent back, BAM named LCW to take over as the captain

9. glencomienda111

glencomienda111 Regular Member

manager
    it shows the character of LCW, willing to take the blame for the loss even though we know he gave his everything to win.

10. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    It's all Wong Choong Hann's blame for the loss. He should of stayed to encourage everyone to play harder and fight for every point. Instead, he left his team behind with loss of all hope. That is where he failed as a Captain.

11. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    I'm not so sure about that though... Firstly, an injured player limping around during such tense times might actually demoralize the team. Secondly, the poor injured guy needs medical attention!!! You expect him to be hanging around in pain from a ruptured tendon??? You are so cruel! :D :D

12. madman

madman Regular Member

LCW played his best. Just that PG was able to read his game well. You could see that LCW never had much chance to do his net play well, and his now famous net tap were rare. Also, PG was able to adapt to the drafty conditions better then LCW. I still think LCW is a rare breed and a wizard on the courts.

13. Titan

Titan Regular Member

Anyway, a lost is a lost and there's no excuse. I'm sure Malaysia team will try again in 2008. There's no giving up. MALAYSIA BOLEH!

and there's no giving up for team Denmark oso...they've been in the final few times but still couldn't win.....I hope they win one day...

14. donchang

donchang Regular Member

I agree to some of the member point that there is no one to be blame on the defeat. This is the way of life (someone win and there will be someone lose). And i also be proud of our malaysian player as they are performing very well on this TC cause if they are not then we already out in the quarter final. Well i am proud that Malaysia has player like LCW and his teammate. This one for KBH please dont give up for only one error.. there is still a long way to go and show those who support you by achiving some good result in the future prove to them that you and Malaysia Bolehhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And the coaches also has done the good job as well..... :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

15. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I disagree. When you can match your opponents's fitness, that is when you can play tough. But if you are struggling to keep up (and isn't it obvious to you looking at Hafiz performance the other day?), then I ask you how can you be mentally tough ?

16. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I totally disagree. I don't think you know it feel to have your achilles tendon ruptured. This is not a simple sprain injury. He definately wanted to stay and support his teammates. But he have to seek treatments immediately. Maybe you have to think 2nd time before coming out with statements like this.

17. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    That's what I like about Malaysia's slogan. There is always hope and one should not just throw it away. When there is hope and a will, there is always a way. Remember "Nothing is Impossible".

Perhaps Indonesia should come up with something just as meaningful and as easily recognizable. :)

18. cxytdn

cxytdn Regular Member

Confucius: "If, in my person, I commit offenses, they are not to be attributed to you, the people of the myriad regions. If you in the myriad regions commit offenses, these offenses must rest on my person." So did Lee Chong Wei.:D

19. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    i thought BAM named CTF :confused:

20. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

They already do, its just they don't put it into words. Its all in their proud and boastful attitude :D *hints* Taufik.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.