Day 7 : TC semi 2 : DENMARK vs MALAYSIA (May 5, 5pm)

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006' started by svp97, May 3, 2006.

1. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

After all, LYB is right about Mal !!!

Mal still has a long way to go or maybe this is the best TC achievement for many years to come. From the beginning, I hope LYB is wrong about Mal but it seems he can read Mal team's strength accurately. This implies there are still obvious weaknesses in each player that BAM needs to spot them first, then correct them.

2. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Actually I think Malaysia has a better chance beating China in the final because Malaysia has a better 3rd MS in Haliz than Denmark. If Malayisan MD play well, they can get 2 points from MD. In the 21 point system, LCW has a slightly edge over LD. And if it really go down to the the 3rd MD, Chen Jin is very unstable and can make a lot of mistakes. I think Haliz has a slightly edge over Chen Jin. Same strategy, ask WCH to come back and let Bao walkover in the 2nd Single.

3. Tjun Tjun

Tjun Tjun Regular Member

What Hafiz and KBH need badly is somebody to whip them into shape. I think Li Mao will do a much better job than Misbun.

4. KooKienKeat

KooKienKeat Regular Member

7-11 Manager
    Congralution and good luck to Denmark's TC Team.

hope malaysia will do better next time.
    Malaysia still boleh!!

5. markchan

markchan Regular Member

Well, technically u can do that, i.e ask WCH to stand and then give walkover, but what will the world think and say, esp if u still lose the overall tie. Then the comments will be different.

6. markchan

markchan Regular Member

Hey Koo :D u did a fantastic job today. No clowning around , less mistakes and a fantastic fighting spirit. Keep it up !!!

7. blckknght

blckknght Regular Member

Pastry Chef
    I might have missed this somewhere in the impressive 96 page thread about the Denmark and Malaysia tie, but what was Chan Chong Ming's red card about? I assume he got a yellow card first?
    well played Denmark, I'll expect good things from Persson in the future
    Gregory

8. markchan

markchan Regular Member

During TV interview, CCM said he was given a red card for shouting at his opponent after winning a point. Of course he pleaded not quilty ..:D :D

9. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Hey Tony,

I bet you didn't recognize the guy who played 3rd singles for Malaysia on Thomas Cup 2006 semifinals right?

i'm sure that doesnt look like the guy you know.

10. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Giving out a red card for shouting at opponent is simply a nonsense.

In Tennis or Basketball or Soccer or American football, this type of behaviors are so common as long as its within reasonable limit. In fact, it helps to create tension which makes the game so fun to watch.

In badminton, you have to behavior like a "good boy" on the court when there is absolutely no physical contact with opponents.....what a nonsense ! Look at past great Tennis players, did they simply shut their mouth during the entire course of the game !!!

If IBF wants to promote badminton, make it more exciting to watch, more tense...not like a backyard family game !!!!

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Good morning. Could not stay awake anymore. Sad to see MAS crashed out and KBH lost so tamely. I noted a large number of posts lambasting KBH for his poor play. I wonder if KBH was a little overconfident; maybe he'd been reading the newspapers too much about how everyone thought he'd wrap up the tie for MAS. If this was the case, that's a sure sign of inexperience and immaturity. He should have kept focus and not let things get to his head.

It's time to ease Misbun out of the BAM elite coaching system and transfer Hafiz and KBH to Li Mao. Give them both a chance to develop. They're both still young enough for the next TC. It's quite apparent these 2 players lacked mental strength.

Anyway, deserved congratulations to Persson and Denmark for their huge victory. I hope they have enough left to trouble China. It was really enjoyable sharing this experience with all the boisterous MAS and DEN fans. All very classy and respectable of each other. Until the UC final tonight...sayonara

mb

12. Tjun Tjun

Tjun Tjun Regular Member

Thanks madbad. Good comments.

13. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    finals

Well said and participated. I thought it'll go 100 pages...
    Let's hope the China - Denmark game is as close as this one...
    I notice that the number of hours is as long as the traditional 15 points. However, excitement is definitely there.:D
    Is the change of the point system justified by the timing?
    Perhaps another thread for discussion.
    All the best for Danish and Chinese fans... Shout hard...!!!:D

14. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

Good point for BAM to consider...well not a sore loser but frustrating to see that Hafiz and KBH especially Hafiz ..not using their killer instinct

15. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

It will not fair to humilate WCH that way.....anyway TC is only 2 year away we will have another day ...

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

WOW, is this a new record in Badminton Forum??..

...wow, ckckck, close to 100 pages of posts..?!?!:eek: ..AMAZING!!...:rolleyes: :p

anyways, just got back this morning to see what was going on in the forum last night, and by looking at the no. of posts, def. this must be the tie of the tournament...:) :cool:

I haven't read all the posts in here, but i probably missed a lot of fun last night(hehe, let's see, the last page i was on last night was pg. 30 something, so there's going to be some 60+ pages i have to go through, probably will be several hrs to get through:p). Well, gotta give great effort and congrats to both DEN and MAS for giving a very valiant effort and very entertaining tie for us. I know this must be a bit disappointing to the MAS squad, but hey they give it all they could.
    I guess MAS will take this as an experience and try again in 2 yrs...:rolleyes:

On that note, i heard the 1st MD match between JE/MLH was absolutely awesome??..:eek: :) ..WOW, Hope i can see that entire match someday..:)

And i heard one of our fellow member in here from MAS(alloh??) got several incident of "heart attacks" during that particular tie??..hehehehehehe..:p ;) :D
    Boy fortunately he wasn't in Tokyo at that time, if not, there would be no ambulance to take him to hospital..hehehe;):D
    Hope you're doing alright alloh....;)

As for the posts "blaming" this player and that player as the scapegoat, hmm, i don't think it's necessary because of them. True they are supposed to be professionals and deliver the pts, but I mean they were put in this position, unexpectedly also. It could also be it wasn't meant to be this yr for MAS. I mean who knew WCH was going to get injured??..I will not say who to "blame", but i just feel it always goes back and put it also on the top hierarchy(BAM, coaching staffs) as well, as they were the preparer of the players and main decision makers..:rolleyes:

anyways, let's move on and on to the Finals we go...:)

#1736 ctjcad, May 5, 2006
    Last edited: May 5, 2006
  17. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    Are you really Koo Kien Kiet the player? No way....:eek:

If you are, then I would like to say that you and CCM played a great game against Jens Eriksen & Martin Lungarrd. Too bad MAS lost though.

#1737 virusvoodoo, May 5, 2006
    Last edited: May 5, 2006
  18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    no he is not. and we are working on fixing the username to something else.

19. Go Gade

Go Gade Regular Member

Well, Persson is not bad!!!

20. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    Maybe it's a little off-topic but I should have picked him rather than Ra Kyung-Min and Hwang Yu-Mi, who did not play at all in this competition, in badminton manager.

I should have also picked Peter GADE rather than Taufik and ZhengBo since he is playing really well!