LYB: Malaysia will lose to Denmark in SF

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006' started by weeyet, Apr 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gagi124

gagi124 Regular Member

I agree. This time Malaysia single and double players are balance and in good conditions. Although Denmark double is stronger, but if LCW WCH or Hafiz can play well especially using the correct strategic + psycho, Malaysia boleh!! Anyway, 21 points system is hard to predict, that's more depend on their current performance level in the match. Really hope that, Malaysia can get the Thomas cup...

2. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    I read both reports from Sin Chew daily, but i'm not sure where Sin Chew got the news

3. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Well, I agree everyone has the freedom to express his/her opinion but I am not sure the same standard applies to a public figure ...like LYB himself. He is not regular dudes like us, he is the head coach of China. Making this kind of statement in public only put him under attacks !

4. Sammy

Sammy Regular Member

Engineer
    I think both Chinese MD are not push over and if one of the pairs can get one point Indonesia would be in lots of trouble. China got 3 very good singles and getting 2 points out of 3 are very possible against Indonesia.

5. Slugs

Slugs Regular Member

Don't get me wrong, of course predictions are fun especially of those coming from from ordinary mortals like us. Judging from the postings here, you guys are great since you went to great lenghts to qualify and substantiate your claims.

But LYB statements were like a bolt of lightning from nowhere: too bold and too early to comprehend, and no one (neither I) can deny his rights to do so. But sudden outburst from immortals such as LYB do indeed draw uneccessary attention, like someone said previously - it came with the job. So now other coaches might be wondering what's the agenda behind this premature outburst? Isn't there something much more to it than just being a mere outburst?

Please carry on with the predictions as I get much enjoyment from reading them.:D

6. svp97

svp97 Regular Member

Is the Malaysian team up to it?

Malaysia has a great team, no debate on that. I was however a little bit disappointed with the performance of the Malaysian team in the last Thomas Cup (TC). In my opinion that team was also excellent, but did not get over the top.

I know that the Danish players love team competitions, and most of the players say they have been looking forward to TC all the time since TC 2004. Because of this they have mostly positive expectations for the TC, and are really focussing on their game. Is it the same way with the Malaysian players, or are they feeling a lot of pressure now? Reports on the match aganst US gives me a feeling that they struggle to keep up with their potential yet again. Could it be so?

7. Go Gade

Go Gade Regular Member

No wonder... He hasn't played any international tournaments with gade, taufik, lin dan etc.

8. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

actually LCW did meet with taufik and LHI in the asian tc qualifying campaign under 21-point system:)

9. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Hehe, that's great. The 2004 final gave them the passion

10. svp97

svp97 Regular Member

Yes! "Much wants more" :)

11. Go Gade

Go Gade Regular Member

Sorry guys... Indonesia and malaysia won't get the chance to meet in the final. :D But most likely they'll meet in the quarterfinal.
    But to be honest, I don't really understand why all you guys get so upset. Well, I noticed most of you are malaysians haha. But I think Li Yong Bo is in his full right to have his own opinion. And I fully agree with him.

MS1 - Gade vs Chong Wei... Gade is in great form. He just won the european championships and beat Lin Dan in china masters recently. Lee is in great form also... But i don't know if that back injury is still troubeling him!? So let's say it's a 50-50.

MD1 - No doubt... Jens and Martin will win big. Denmark 1 point.

MS2 - KJ vs Wong... I think from what I saw in china masters, KJ is in form. And I think Wongs form is lacking. So i predict one point for Denmark here also.

MD2 - Jonas/Lars or Boe/Mogensen vs ?... I think these two danish pairs are superb. One more point for Denmark.

MS3 - Persson vs Hafiz... DEN 40-60 MAL. Even though I think Persson is really improving, I think this is one point for Malaysia.

12. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    The best is yet to come

We know so far none of the top 5 teams(China, Malaysia, Denmark, Indonesia, Korea) played well so the title thus far still is up for grasp. The Koreans may seem to be the weakest among the 5 but I am sure Malaysia will find it hard tp overcome them in the QF, it will be a dog fight and the 1st single most probably will decide the outcome and both LEEs(MAS & Korea) have been playing well ...
    Can't say 21-point is not exciting to watch even though we against it.
    I hope the big money offers by BAM to the players will make the difference and bring back the trophy. Malaysia Boleh!

13. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Yea, can't agree with you more, especailly the 2nd MS, I think it's the match to decide who is the overall winner. WCH form couldn't match KJ.

14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

The way Jonassen struggled against the Japanese makes me wonder about HIS form. Yes, this is the key match. Probably the winner takes it but Tan Fook/Wan Wah were selected because of their experience, so don't discount them yet. Still think MAS will nick it.

15. klaphat

klaphat Regular Member

The other way!

excuse me for praying against you !

16. gagi124

gagi124 Regular Member

Ya, I agree with u. As a Malaysian fan, I really disappoint with their inconsistent performance since last time. Many matches, they play well at starting, but finally...:crying: . But for this TC, i don't know yet since no any live broadcasting about the match. So I can't c their performance, i just can read the newspapers and watch the hightlights to know their situations. Anyway, what can I know is all the team have playing the strategic in the group league. They sure reserve their strenght...We can c LD, BCL and Taufik not perform well also in the group league ...is that a
    psychology strategic? still nobody can confirm...Ha...w8 and c...

17. KaSoon

KaSoon New Member

Consultancy Manager
    Li Yong Bo just has his own observation!
    How can you criticism people as 'dog'???
    If i say you all Singaporean are dog, will you like it?
    No wonder people said all Singaporean are "kia su' group!!!

18. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Do you notice that the Danes are still playing at a very high level despite their more advancing years? The Asians use speed, stamina, and fitness to level the real art of badminton where the once highly regarded skills, strokes and control were thrown out of the window. The new scoring system takes away one important point of stamina. The 'aging' Danes-Peter Gade has suddenly now realized that-now have a rules change advantage. This is as good a year for the Danes to take the crown as any. The new scoring system is built for them.

19. alloh

alloh Regular Member

woo ... woo ... woo... Dogs are "the best friend" of human you know? :D

20. KaSoon

KaSoon New Member

Consultancy Manager
    Mr Alloh, my point here is not talking about "Dogs are the best friend of human"!!!
    My point is how can a person criticism people as a dog just because he/she having their own observation?
    PLEASE USE YOUR BRAIN THINK DEEPLY BEFORE YOU TALK!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.