indo's target only semifinal

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006' started by taufik-ist, Apr 24, 2006.

1. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    "we'll be very lucky if we're able to qualify to the final, semifinal is the realistic target. indonesia must be being a group winner, that will make an easyway to the semi, if we're runner up or 3rd place in group playoff, we'll meet malaysia or denmark in quaterfinal, that will be a hardway to semi," said icuk suagiarto (former pbsi official, now deputy of sport minister)

2. indra

indra Regular Member

If I were the head of PBSI, I would set a target of winning the TC. Saying that qualifying into the Final will be "lucky" is a pessimistic statement. Not setting a high target to avoid burdening the players is not a realistic decision. The mission to go to Japan is to bring back the cup, not to gain experience nor to feel satisfied by reaching the SF only.:eek: :eek: :mad:

Indonesia has won TC 13 times...how come did PBSI come up with such a ridiculous target? WHat has it been doing so far? And what are they doing in Japan? Going picnic?????:confused:

If the target is only to reach the SF, the management of PBSI should be changed now. I guess almost every Indonesian run PBSI if the target is only to reach the SF. :D

3. peace

peace Regular Member

I think, SF is the realistic target. This year, the Indonesian team is weaker compared to Denmark, China and Malaysia.
    Korea vs Indonesia is 50-50

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

It's very realistic target right now! Can't deny that INA's Thomas squad is the weakest among 'top-three' contenders (CHN-MAS-DEN), only miracle will save INA to compete in final match. Fisrt step to realize INA's dream to bring back TC is freezing KOR at group-stage and meet CHN in semifinal. Second step: beat CHN for final ticket! And the question is How to beat CHN? It's a difficult to answer it even Icuk said no matter if INA will be losing from CHN because CHN perhaps is the upcoming winner to grab TC this year. Most important is INA's team must fighting all-out for their best efforts. Differently with MAS that their target is repeating 14 years ago (1992) achievement! I think MAS is absolutely sure with their squad to topple any team including DEN and CHN as top-seed/title-holder. Just want to say: too optimistic and overconfidence at all in recent condition with new-scoring system that no one superior team in TC-06 even 'the front-runner' CHN!

5. rhinovinda

rhinovinda Regular Member

Scientist
    I agree with previous message, I guess for TC06 the strongest team cannot be only decided from the IBF player ranking which was made majorly with the basis on the old scoring system. Now they're facing new scoring which makes difficult for all squads including CHN (looks how LD can be beaten by PG). The winner will be the squad who has winning mentality. INA squad should be taken into account since they have been 13 times TC holder.

6. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Setting a semifinal target is clever ploy from PBSI. If we lost in SF, PBSI can reason that their target is achieved.

But if somehow miracle happen and we can march into final or even win the Cup, PBSI will said that its all thanks to hard work of the official and the players and so on and so on.

Its a win win speech. :D

7. alloh

alloh Regular Member

:D Hahaha.... that's very good tactic from PBSI.
    And making the rumor of TH got injured.
    There is totally no problem for INA to meet SF target. INA just need to beat KOR, that should be not a problem.
    If INA can win TC, then the INA officials will making very proud news.
    Anyhow... INA still strong enough to win the TC this year.

8. imazombie

imazombie Regular Member

hey where`d u get that article from? post me the link? is it kompas or jkt post.. cant find em anywher. thanks

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Confused, but whatever it is, it is what it is..

I concur with most of the posters here say, that their target of reaching SF is realistic. But personally, reaching the SF itself is a miracle, considering their recent results and current players' condition(if it's true abt the players' injuries)..
    I doubt it, but perhaps it is a ploy by the PBSI officials(which probably is a reflection of their organizational mindset), like a couple of posters mentioned, trying to keep an "underdog" mentality(less burden/pressure) that no matter what the result is, it'll be a win-win condition..hmm..:confused: :rolleyes: ;)

#9 ctjcad, Apr 25, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  10. Trance

Trance Regular Member

Student ;)
    Well considering that QuarterFinals between either Malaysia or Denmark... It's going to be tough to get to the semis as well. If they can get through to semis, they are definitely capable of winning semis easily to prepare for finals better.

11. rhinovinda

rhinovinda Regular Member

Scientist
    Well, not only INA's struggle at TC06, CHN themselves will also get some difficulty when facing USA in group stage.

12. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    LOL that's a good one...

Seriously now, even though I would love to see this happen this is almost impossible. The most we [the US team] would get is one for #1 double pair of Tony Gunawan & Howard Bach.

13. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Dun forget, the "invisible hand" might be playing magic again this time after reading about bad lighting and strong draft at the arena.

If I am US headcoach, I put Howard as first singles as well and Tony as second singles.

14. taufik-ist

it administrator
    rudy hartono : we'd better be as runner up or 3rd place and meet malaysia or denmark in quarterfinal

sutiyoso( pbsi chairman): we must be a group winner, sutitoyo only wants indoensia to meet china first , that will be in semifinal

15. Gaintkiller

Gaintkiller Regular Member

The odds probably be 1:1000...:confused: :eek:

16. taufik-ist

it administrator
    usa can only steal one point from md: tony/bach vs cai/fu

17. taufik-ist

it administrator
    from kompas newspaper... or now u can read at http://www.bolanews.com , choose print edition

18. ricksakti

ricksakti Regular Member

Surgeon
    Hopeless

It just because INA have Taufik H. They 'may' reach sf. They hope miracle will happen:p . Just like Argentina had Maradona long time ago. By observing the composition of the team, it is hard to reach SF. Even though they have well experienced MD. It is a dream to bring back the cup to INa...:crying:

19. taufik-ist

it administrator
    if indonesia become a group winner, semi is on their hands :D

20. imazombie

imazombie Regular Member

ah i see it now. thanks alot ;)