Please reply all LEFT/RIGHT-handed players

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by NL-player, Dec 16, 2002.

?

i am.....

1. RIGHT handed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. LEFT handed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Scoobz

Scoobz Regular Member

I do tend to use my backhand (left) more often than switching hands because the switch often takes too much time but there are occasions that from a lofted clear it becomes easier to switch hands and drop it back from my opposite hand...
    It confused the hell out of a few opponents until they realised what I was doing.

2. nelsonkong

nelsonkong Regular Member

Quantity Surveyor
    I am a right handed. Not gonna train up my left hand...O.0...some of you putting 80/20...is that mean you use you both hand while playing? Take turns?

3. black_knight006

black_knight006 Regular Member

Work at a pro-shop
    statistically speaking the chances of someone being left handed are around 12.4% Just don't ask me why I know that...:p

4. asuncion_03

asuncion_03 Regular Member

majority are right handed.. but i think southpaws are better shuttlers..

5. jcl49

jcl49 Regular Member

Receiving short serves at game point - hitting winners

Under both the old & new scoring system, left-handers will have an advantage.

Assume you are at game point (20-XX) and receiving a short serve. If you are left-handed, you can brush the serve into open spaces much easier. You have a lot more options to play with.

6. DRaGoNoVA

DRaGoNoVA Regular Member

student
    hey issit possible to convert from a right-handed player to a left-handed 1? will i lose the skills from mi right hand in the process?

7. tinkerbella122

tinkerbella122 Regular Member

Student
    I'm pretty sure you could ... but it might take a long time to adjust :confused: (?)

I was left handed when I was born and then my parents started to correct me when I was 2, and forced me to be right handed ( because most of the stuff back then were designated for the right handers... ie baseball gloves, etc. ) So now I'm right handed and I guess using left hand now, is awkrawd for me.

... check out this website for info about ambidexterity
    http://www.mind-course.com/ambi.html

8. olle_whitehead

olle_whitehead Regular Member

well i'm left handed i find that there are only 2 real advantages to being left handed
    1) recieving a flick i always find it incrediblly easy to return (although this may just be me)
    2) people always lift up to your fore-hand because in the heat of the moment they forget your left handed

9. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
  10. yeohj

yeohj New Member

student
    i'm right hander, i know a friend whoe left hander as well

11. Dandirom

Dandirom Regular Member

Computer Related
    Really? Did it affect you in any way? I'm left-handed but I've taught myself to be be able to do many things with both hands - right now, I think there are only two things I do solely with the left hand, writing and badminton.:) I usually use the right with other things now, even when throwing a pitch in baseball or shooting a basket -- however, I tried the right voluntarily. I don't know how I would have handled the change if I was forced into it. Personally, I think lefties have many advantages -- aside from the fact that we do die 10 years earlier on average than right-handers. hehehe

12. tinkerbella122

tinkerbella122 Regular Member

Student
    Well, right now, if I was to play badminton or even write with my left hand, it gets really awkward. In my whole life (15 years) , I've been using my right hand (besides when I was a baby) so I'm really use to it, it's like it's natural for me to use my right hand.

Hmmm... i guess it's easy to change things when you're young. Now a days, whenever I try to write with my left hand, the words comes out really messy. And it's really hard for me to develop a dominant left hand now that I'm older :(

13. jump17

jump17 Regular Member

my friend is dominantly right-handed (ie writing) but he uses his left when playing badminton. same goes for my other friend who is dominantly left-handed but he plays hits, shoots and throws with his right.

im a righty btw =)

14. Dandirom

Dandirom Regular Member

Computer Related
    I didn't know BC also has young shuttlers.:) Good to know we've already got another generation of BCers -- now that makes me sound old...:confused: Anyway, you would make a good study for scientists -- most studies show that lefties are better with anything involving skill, something to do with our control over the right and left brain hence the ease lefties have with being ambidextrous. But I haven't seen any studies about what would happen with the control over the right and left side of the brain if a lefty is forced to completely change to the right hand while still a toddler until he or she 'forgets' how to be lefty. :)

15. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    go lefty! sometimes this is a advantage to opponents that dont think about what hand i use, so they tend to hit it towards my forehand thinking by instinct that its my backhand(thinking im right handed) and then bam they figure it out eventually sometimes, the hit it to my backhand, and surprise!, i just did a backhand smash, haha didnt know what hit him, i have a good backhand, so either way, the guy lost.

16. Marlboro

Marlboro Regular Member

wonder if is againts any rules to use 2 racquets if one can play with both hands?:D

17. didierblack

didierblack New Member

student
    right handed players rules anfd rocks!!!!!

my cousin practicing that two handed playing but his left is not accurate but effective

18. Dandirom

Dandirom Regular Member

Computer Related
    The Left-Handed Advantage

As many lefties might point out, being left-handed can also offer intellectual prowess. Tests conducted by Alan Searleman from St Lawrence University in New York found there were more left-handed people with IQs over 140 than right-handed people. Famous left-handed thinkers in history from Albert Einstein to Isaac Newton to Benjamin Franklin seem to underline the point.

As Hopkins says, it may be that left-handed people occupy the extremes when it comes to health and ability.

"The anomaly is left-handed people make up the extremely gifted and the extremely compromised," said Hopkins. "The rest of us make up the middle ground."

:D

19. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    I've been toying with the idea for quite a while now.. to train up my left hand. Just for the fun of it. Hehe.

Ooh I really dislike playing with lefties. I always attack their forehand side! To make matters worse, only before I target the shuttle to the leftie's forehand side do I realise what I'm doing.. and then my mind immediately wants to change and the shuttle flies off elsewhere/halfcourt/ends up in the net. Lol.

I generally use my right-hand for nearly everything.. except when steering my bicycle one-handed. Since young I've found it much easier to maintain balance if I use my left hand to steer. Why is that I wonder?

20. Surreal

Surreal Regular Member

Student
    I'm a righthander.Haha .. indeed when playing with lefties are troublesome.
    It's like they are naturally on the offensive side when playing with righthanders.