2007 - Civic Type-R Concept car...

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by badrad, Apr 15, 2006.

1. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    wipe the drool...

Attached Files:

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
  3. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    mmm.... even better...

4. glencomienda111

glencomienda111 Regular Member

manager
    thanks badrad for updating me on my favorite pocket rocket:) so i guess spoonsports will be putting their thinking caps on. that would be awesome, a civic type RR:D

5. hahahalol

hahahalol Regular Member

ahh..dont burn me for this but i dont like hatchbacks...dontget me wrong...the front looks amazing...i actually drool when i saw that picture :D

6. tir168

tir168 Regular Member

Uni Student
  7. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
  8. glencomienda111

glencomienda111 Regular Member

manager
    if its all motor id go for type R's (civic and integra) but if its turbo then its skyline, evo and wrx for me:D but of course the price sucks.

9. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    That nissan is nice but that honda is damn ugly.

10. Gosupizza

Gosupizza Regular Member

the civics are realy turning it around this year, i luv the new headlight design for civic

11. Scoobz

Scoobz Regular Member

The design of the new Civic Type R is good and pushes the car forwards in terms of style...

The problem is its performance... It is to be lighter than the previous model and will be more agile around twisty roads/circuits but the power will not be altered and therefore 200bhp is all you can expect, which in terms of its rivals is pathetic.

There had been rumours they would use at least the 2.2vtec that they put in the Accord but apparently that pushed weight up to much... They then suggested it would follow most other hot-hatches and use the 2 litre engine but with a medium-sized turbo to boost power output to around 240-250bhp, which would see it compete with the Astra VXR, Focus ST, Golf R32 and the upcoming SEAT Leon Cupra (expected to have 250bhp).

The Type R may well have the edge in the handling department due to the lighter weight but in day-to-day driving, it will lack power and torque, significantly dropping its performance against its 'peers'.

For the weekends, I presently have a SEAT Ibiza Cupra that runs a few simple modifications (pushing 215bhp)... On a relatively untwisty road, I will leave the present Type R behind, purely because of higher power and torque. When put alongside the cars mentioned above that run 250+bhp, the Type R will look woeful in terms of performance and will have to rely upon looks to get them sold from the forecourt.

It is good that Honda designers have been allowed to experiment with the new shape and put out some radical ideas... It is a shame the technical department evidently didn't get any input or weren't allocated a budget to enhance its performance.

I'll be switching to an Impreza STi or Skyline R34 GTR for my 'fun' driving, not a Civic Type R.