Obsolete

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Eurasian =--(O), Apr 2, 2006.

1. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

I bought a new graphics card probably around November. I need a new one now to play Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion already! ... how can I afford to play badminton, goto school, goto bars/entertainment, AND play new video games?! I need another prosperity check Ralph!!

Its ridiculous how quickly a middle of the road computer set up becomes obsolete!

2. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    It's called priorities.

If you want something so much you must be prepared to sacrifice for it. Save, part time, etc. Hard? Think of those out there who had to work twice as hard as many of us just to bring home rice for the family, for the day.

No games, no entertainment et al? Can't enjoy youself?
    I thought I was one of the depraved :cool:

3. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in..."

Thanks to my co-worker's constant hype for the game, I just downed $1200 worth of upgrades on my new pc to play Oblivion:crying:. Quite a jump from Socket A370 to S939:( with all the fixings. At least, on the bright side, I get to 'save' money by not eating out as much:eek:. Still be playing though, will ration shuttles by playing only one day of the week followed by practice for other two sessions... hopefully that'll make it worth my while.

Heh! Wilfred, I hope you meant deprived... depraved means something else:D.

#3 cappy75, Apr 3, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2006
  4. aquaboi

aquaboi Regular Member

go and get an xbox360 instead:D:p

5. Eurasian =--(O)

i'm waiting for ps3...new cell architecture sounds exciting. btw I am grateful for what I have, but i want 2 play oblivion lol.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    cheap, buy at below cost

Sony likely to price Playstation 3 above $500
    Wolfgang Gruener
    April 6, 2006 16:49

Chicago (IL) - Georges Fornay, president of Sony computer Entertainment Europe, provided the first credible information on a possible price of Sony's next-generation game console. According to media reports, Fornay predicted a price range of 500 to 600 Euro, which could mean a price of at least $500 and as much as $750 for US consumers.

If you thought Microsoft's Xbox 360 was expensive, think again. Sony apparently believes that the excitement of high-definition gaming on the Playstation 3 (PS3) is worth much more of your savings than a previous generation PS2, which initially sold for $299 or even Microsoft's Xbox 360, which is offered in two versions for $299 and $399.

Several media reports today quoted an interview of European radio station Europe 1 with Fornay, in which the executive apparently mentioned that the new console may landing in a price range between 500 and 600 Euro, which would make the PS3 by far the most expensive console on the market.

Pricing for the US console remains a mystery and we only can guess what Sony is planning. What we know, however, is that Europe pricing rarely translates 1:1 into US Dollar pricing. On this side of the Atlantic, retail prices are often lower as (1) sales taxes are already included in Europe pricing and (2) higher market volumes in the US can compensate high price tags. Of course, currency exchange rates are an unknown variable in this game.

The current Euro-Dollar exchange rate would indicate a minimum price of $610 and about $750 on the high-end for the PS3; taxes and volume benefits are subtracted, and a US retail price between $500 and $600 appears to be more realistic.

But even a $600 price tag may be considered a bargain, if Sony's production cost of the console is considered. According to a Merrill Lynch analyst and a report published in the Financial Times in February of this year, Sony's total material cost per unit could approach $900: The company could be spending as much as $230 per unit just for the 3.2 GHz Cell processor that IBM plans to produce for PS3, plus $350 for the Blu-ray drive and $70 for the Nvidia RSX 550 MHz 1080p graphics processor.

Microsoft sells the Xbox 360 well below the production cost as well. Market research firm iSuppli said in November of last year that Microsoft may be spending as much as $550 to get a $400 console out the door

7. Trance

Trance Regular Member

Student ;)
    Oblivion is well worth the money =P

8. Eurasian =--(O)

i love even bad RPGs... oblivion is ranked one of the best :crying: . I'm worried that my computers mobo is also somewhat defective b/c of random restarts and not all my RAM slots work. I'm just going to buy a whole new computer later in the summer.:eek:

and its definately not going to have a gigabyte mobo, or an nvidia gpu, or come from the computer rack. Memory express...

9. Scoobz

Scoobz Regular Member

I bought the PS2 purely for GT3.... It was a worthwhile purchase, and even more so when they release GT4... !!

I'll be buying a PS3 purely because they've confirmed they will release GT5.. !! :D