Selangor Close 2006

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by Joanne, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    Hehe. And she's growing taller everyday too. :rolleyes: What to do.. tall genes. Peggy? Only in doubles.. no good memories in those games either. :p

There's a SMK Taman Megah in Sabah?? Lol! I was from SK Taman Megah. :p

2. Darma Sucipto

Darma Sucipto Regular Member

hsien harn?? hey..i know her... btw why she walkover?? anyway..i lost 1st round. I play like **** on that day. when i just reach there at 8 am, before i warm up..they already called my name. and i just play without warming up..:confused: ..
    btw.. i have the thinking that i should stop badminton.. looking at my age now, and my achievements..no point that i waste my time training hard everyday..no hope already..hehe...

3. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    I have heard of one malaysian who never get any formal training beat all the BAM players and become champion in a local tournament at the age of 30.

4. terry

terry Regular Member

Hi, i m plan you watch the tournament. Where is it held ah?

5. JasonMichael

JasonMichael Regular Member

IT consultant
    I would like to know his name and location...

6. terry

terry Regular Member

wow jason, you seem look like want play with him? let me know if you find him. I want to watch ;)

7. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

SBA hall, Kampung Attap. The finals was played around the time you posted that. :p

Darma.. don't give up.. train hard. ;-)

Since it's all over.. save this thread for next year since I put 2006 anyway. :p

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad

DArma.. quitters never win and winners never quits. I believe you can do it. You have to believe in yourself and its never too late.

9. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Just out of curiosity..

Anyone playing in the Selangor Open? :D

Hahaha. My coach gave me the form..

But..

Being..

Wise as I was..

I didn't sign up for it.:rolleyes:

I mean, me?? Against.. goodness knows what kind of level player??

No way man. Not gonna make a fool outta myself. Uh uh. Never. I'm nothing but a school player! Unless I find an international level partner that can cover me I may consider playing the U15 girls doubles.. but that's utterly impossible.:cool:

So anyone here signed up for it? :D

10. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    selangor

Heard that the little 12 yr old left hand soong is getting better. Good prospect for nationals since this kid is full time now. Watch out for his name in the future!:D

11. Darma Sucipto

anybody playing mssd? i am playing men.... im 1 of the 8 seeded players! :eek:

12. terry

terry Regular Member

darma,
    Pls let me know when is your playing date? i want to go watch you play...be your supporter :)

13. verve_pipe

verve_pipe Regular Member

student~!duh...
    btw, when and where exactly mssd petaling will be held? whose the top and second seed?

14. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

This time the seeding was all done differently. The seeded players will be waiting in the quarter finals instead of killing off the mere mortals in the early rounds.

And everything was done in such a... haphazard way. If that's the right term.

Only THREE COURTS! So 1 event per day. For instance, this Monday starts with Boys Singles U15, Tuesday Boys Doubles U15 and Wednesday Boys Singles U18 etc. Cuts out the fun.. used to be the whole school team supporting the players.. now with this new system only 2 or 4 players are required to go each day. :mad:

To prevent BGR or something? Grrr.

Darma will be playing QF on 26 April Wednesday, 9.00am. Hehe. All the best Darma!

Nonetheless I'm going this Monday to avoid a prefect function. Hehe.

It'll be held in SMK La Salle, Jalan Chantek. The rest of the address forgotten.. do ask me if you want it though I have it somewhere in the file.

Starts on the 17th April, ends on the 28th April. Longest MSSD ever, all thanks to the lack of courts, lack of umpires, and lack of.. everything.

15. Darma Sucipto

:D
    haha...my match is on 26 april. 9.00 am. hehe...thanks for your support weh...ill try my best to win..

16. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Say Darma, will you be going on the other days to watch your team mates? BU4 wants all their players to go.. I think it's good lor they get support.. but at the same time missing 2 weeks of studies just to support is slightly foolish.. If 1 week okay lah, but this time 2 weeks..

17. Darma Sucipto

haha... ill be going only on this tuesday and thursday only because i want to see the unseeded players who are under me playing. i want to see them play so that when they meet me that time then i know what to do lo.

haha...now only i know why this year's seeding system is different. its because all the selangor players are going to pahang for circuit this coming wednesday and they will come back to KL by next Sunday. So after the circuit, they have 2 days rest before their match. But for under 18 boys players, only terence lim will be going for circuit. the rest of them are not going. :D :D

18. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

... QF singles tomorrow.

Against Peggy. Don't know why I get such 'good' draws every single year. Arrgh!

I don't mind any other quarter-finalist. =( Sigh. Oh well. Just one single chance to enter semi-finals! Is that too hard???

Well, all the best to Darma and I tomorrow. Yeah I know I sound pathetic.

19. Darma Sucipto

I got 1 bronze medal for doubles! haih.. me and my partner NEARLY NEARLY NEARLY won in the semifinals just now. But because my partner has injured his leg, so the opponent keep attacking my partner. haha...yeah, i dive a lot of time today to save the shots until my elbow is so damn painful now. hahaha people there all call me 'Smashing King' men just now. haha...
    i lost to terence lim in singles quarterfinal yesterday. Well, at least i already did my best. and at least i dont lose to 'capalang players' la... losing to a champion is losing with honor...:D ...haha thats my perspective for my self la...:D :D

20. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

hahaha Correct! =P At least you feel better when you lose to the champion. Lost to Peggy in QF. *Duh* Since day 1 when I saw the draw I knew my journey would end in QF.

Could have hoped for a better draw, but what's the use of hoping? Hope it all but in vain. =D

Enjoyed MSSD, missed A LOT of classes though, had a hard time catching up. Aiks.

Congrats Darma for your bronze!