looking for my own racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by leprechaun, Mar 30, 2006.

1. leprechaun

leprechaun Regular Member

ok so i play badminton in school and iam probably one of the best there i have seen a few threads about people saying what type of racket they want to get so iam going to say what type of player i think i am etc etc.

i play singles mostly (dont like doubles) and i tend to make the opponent run around a lot rather then smash all the time which makes me a defensive player i think. i dont consider myself a begginer but i dont know if iam good enough to be called a intermediate player. i think i would prefer a iso shaped racket as i do get a few off center shots. also i think from what i have read about strings that i would prefer a balanced string tension because i play both hard hitting and light shots. i would like one that is quite light but not to light so about 80g maybe and i think i woud prefer a balanced racket as opposed to a head balanced racket as most people i play against smash a lot so i need to move my racket quickly to flick it up. also my budget is £65 but ied prefer it to be a bit less so i can buy some shoes aswell. tried to go as indepth as possible there to make it easier for you to give me advice also if you have any good websites to buy badminton equipment please include it in your post thanks in advance:).

2. phil_li

phil_li Regular Member

Medical.
    Balance balance balance = Mp99 is your best bet. I would say it was just around about 65 pounds in the UK; might be cheaper if you decide to buy overseas/internet? E.g. HK? If you do a quick search of threads there are tons of links from old threads for things like that; I remember there was a sticky or long thread for websites worldwide.

String tension, BG80 goes well with the MP99 and of course plain old BG65 can never go wrong! 24lbs is perfect for me
    I personally like and recommend the 2U, but its down to personal preference; besides theres not too much difference (just noticeable).

3. leprechaun

4. hahahalol

hahahalol Regular Member

o0o0o...never seen a att250 b4 =O

5. leprechaun

6. Foyler

Foyler Regular Member

Optician
  7. leprechaun

still looking for a answer about the grip

8. RabbitJai

RabbitJai New Member

I think Talbot Torro is very good too... cheap price but good quality, well known in Germany

9. Foyler

Foyler Regular Member

Optician
    Grip is a normal one not a towel grip.