Which racquet?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Foyler, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Foyler

Foyler Regular Member

Optician
    I am just starting to play competitive badminton again after a layoff of around 7 years (played occasionally but not competitively). As far as skill levels are concerned I am an average club player and was on the verge of county team level before I stopped playing.My current racquet, which I have had for approx 12 years, is a Wilson Pro Staff SledgeHammer which I get on well with but is nearing the end of its lifespan! The racquet itself is around 85g with a balance point of around 310mm. Been looking through these forums and at online stores and seem to be favouring the yonex mp99 but it is almost impossible for me to try out new racquets as I live in a remote Island group.

I am wondering if any of you could offer advice to aide my decision? Thanks in advance!

2. Foyler

Foyler Regular Member

Optician
    Update

One of the county players has a stock of yonex demo racquets so I am trying the mp99, mp100 (I can buy the demo if i like it) and ns8000. Will post my reviews of each of the racquets after I give them a go.