New Racket.. which would be best for me?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by NessFreaK, Mar 19, 2006.

1. NessFreaK

NessFreaK New Member

Student
    hey ^^... first i will introduce myself; im 15, loves badminton etc etc.

i am going to get my 3rd racket, and i can get <i> any </i> one i want! (parents dont care about cost :) )

im pretty tall, 5'10'', but im only 15, will continue to grow, im not fat, but a little bulk on me.. im agile and quick... i play alot of doubles, but singles too. Im pretty strong shot, although i imagine i will become alot stronger.

so, what racket should i get? and where / how should i get it?

i want to order it online, rackets are rare in my country (canada)

i want to be quick and able to generate alot of power, with emphasis on power and accuracy. I want the highest quality racket i can get, what stings should i get? can i get it pre strung?

im currently using a black knight eagle Ti XL... ( <95g, 18-24 lbs of tension, rigidity:RF-82, 68 cm long)

any help to these questions is GREATLY apprecieated.

2. K3vin

K3vin Regular Member

Mp99 is the way to go if money is NOT an issue. It is powerful and quick. It is a awesome all around racket. Also consider At800def, it is suppose to be very similar to the mp99. If you are only concerned about power, and not defense maybe get a Mp100. Some rackets suit others better than other rackets. You should try out the racket before buying.

Having a racket prestrung is not exactly good. The factory strings suck. Bg70 Pro if you use nylon birdies. Bg 68ti or Bg 80 if you use feather birdies. Tension is based on your own preference.

Hopefully this gave you an idea of what to look for~

Ps: racket won't increase the power of your shots by much. Its all about technique and strength.

3. Shimotakimas

Shimotakimas Regular Member

nice advice Kevin. Are we playing you guys this week? Anyways i would like to add that i get more power out of my armortec800de than a mp100. I havent tried a mp99 yet so i cant compare. This doesnt mean that you wont have better power with a mp100 but its a thing to consider. I think im a wrist player so the lightness of the armortec800de 4u really helps the speed of the racket for more power.

4. CarrotLegs

CarrotLegs Regular Member

WoW~~~ u sound just like me~~In Canada~~ Doubles mostly, sometimes singles. 5 foot 10 with a little bulk and 15 too~~ holy! I use Woven 8! It suits me so well but my friends said it feels wierd when they play with it. I used a 3U AT700 before and when i switched to Woven 8 my smashes and defense got WAY better. I guess im not fit for a head heavy racket =/. But if money is really not a problem id say go for the woven 16 just for fun!! its $299.99 USD!!

5. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    I would recommend either the Yonex MP 99 which is realli quick and light..easy to control so on..and the NanoSpeed 8000 if you're willing to spend a bit more..I own both of these rackets to say that these 2 beauties work wonders..

another part to this is if u say ur pretti "strong"/ bulk and quick you can also try the Armortec 800 (Off)..cuz that also works pretti well for me during doubles play..

and u said rackets are rare in ur country in Canada?..dude where do u live man~?..I live in Vancouver and there are plenty of rackets here..lolz..although I bought all my rackets from HK where itz cheaper n stuff..but yea~..:)

6. NessFreaK

NessFreaK New Member

Student
    i live in New Brunswick, Canada

hmm... i was looking at the NS 8000.... but i think ill go with the MP99... what strings should i get / use and where should i get my racket and strings?

7. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    ahh icic~..MP 99 is a gd choice man~..but never hurts to consider the NS 8000 aswell..itz so lite and the control actually feels better than the MP 99 on my own opinion..heh~..strings wise depends whether u play for durability or performance..i used BG 70 pro on my NS 8000 and just plain normal BG 65 on my MP 99..I also use the BG 80 on my Armortec 800 (off)..peace dude~

8. wun.sun

wun.sun Regular Member

Any of you guys heard of the Black Knight Superlight line of racquets. They are 3 racquets all in the 75-79 gram class. They really nice, and are for great for doubles. The red one, the feather, seems pretty defensive orientated, as it was really easy to drive back smashes. The green one, the photon, seems balances. I have the mp99, I found I got a little less power, but defensivly, it was awesome. Light, agile, easy to defend smashes. Try out the photon.

Oh, I forgot to ask, what type of player are you. In doubles, there are two types. The one who sets up their partner, and the one with the big smash. If you are the one who sets up, photon. If not, go with the mp99.

wunsun

9. wun.sun

wun.sun Regular Member

Ugh....sorry for posting twice....but I just realized that all you were considering were Yonex. I'm not against yonex or anything, I have two mp99s, but you should at least try some other ones.

wunsun

10. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    I've never really tried Black Knight rackets..all I've ever tried were Various of Yonex and Victor rackets..heh~

11. luisme

luisme Regular Member

100% mp99 for you because its an all around racket. Good control and good power also. I recommend you to string it with bg80 on 24lbs.