Does anyone uses Muscle Power 28?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by MusclePowerGeek, Mar 14, 2006.

1. MusclePowerGeek

MusclePowerGeek Regular Member

ARCHITECT
    Hi! I am newbie in badminton.:)Been playing 20 hours so far.

Just bought myself a Muscle Power 28. US$ 45 comes with a Yonex bag
    Is this a good racket?:confused:
    It feels ok for me at the moment, planning to buy a better one as my skills progress. Can you guys recommend a better one?

Thanks;)

PS

By the way, I am really enjoying this site! This is a very informative site(forum) for all badminton enthusiast like me.

Great job!:)

2. layala

layala Regular Member

I use mp28. Since you only played for 20 hrs, there's no need to buy a "better" one. mp28 is good enough I think. At least for me:)

3. MusclePowerGeek

ARCHITECT
    Agree with you there layala. Better improve my skills first.
    How do you find your MP28? Any interesting findings you want to share?
    Good day!:)

4. layala

layala Regular Member

A friend bought one from China for me:) I don't see any website sells mp28 in the states though. $45 should be a very low price 'cause bbesports.com sells for like $55.

btw, what string do you use for your racket? Mine comes with a yonex BG70 pro which I don't like. I prefer more flexible one.

#4 layala, Mar 15, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2006
  5. MusclePowerGeek

ARCHITECT
    Yup. The price here is quite reasonable, bought it factory strung with BG65. Its fine for me at the moment. Planning to restring it to BG68Ti when it wears off next time.:D

6. eguitarcoolboy

eguitarcoolboy Regular Member

Hi i am from malaysia too, hehe good to hear that you have got a MP28 too, its a good racket to play with, just wait til your level reach up to in between intermediate and advance, then get a new racquet. I love using my MP28 even now this is really nice. some says its the most balance racquet among all the yonex Racket, haha correct me if i am wrong, coz i read it somewhere and my friends told me too. Enjoys

7. MusclePowerGeek

ARCHITECT
    Agree with you there. The MP28 has a good control, now I can concentrate in improving my skills.

By the way, I just happen to saw a Nanospeed 7000 at one of the newly opened proshops here, The guy is selling it for half the price:eek:. I ask him why its so cheap? he said there are only 5 items of those, selling it for this particular time only. Mmmm, didn't answer my question:rolleyes:. But if its original then it is a bargain:D

8. eguitarcoolboy

Oh really, haha the last time i went back to malaysia is jan this year and i checked the price of NS7k is RM799 and NS8k is RM899 if the rackets you saw are authentical. I suppose its worth buying?? not sure go to search for ways of identifying an authentical racket on this forum. They provide a lot of detail that will enhance your racket knowledge. Things like checking the code on the cone and the serial no. etc. Beware of the duplicate rackets from China as i was offered RM150 for one when i was back in KL. haha...

Kent

9. LongReach

LongReach Regular Member

Electronics Tech, Badminton Junkie!
    I currently use ns8000's but two seasons before I was a die hard MP28 man.

They are an exelent racket and underated.......because it is not high end yonex.

The Mp28 is the most balanced allround racket in the MP range.

It is suitable for doubles/singles/defencive/offencive.

I still have them both.......yes I bought two of these.....so i must think they are good.

The only reason I switched to the ns8k was that the mp28 being medium flex started to feel too flexible to me so i went to a extra stiff racket.

I played in the top grade with Mp28's for 2 seasons......so there is nothing wrong with them.:) There just good value......two mp's cost me $200aus
    I have two ns8000's.......cost $200 each........twice the price but not twice as good but better for me.

I think the mp28 is a good starting racket for beginers.....medium flex...even balance......good power!

10. eguitarcoolboy

Yup agree with you, haha i was playing last night while i was using my new victor, then i was frustrated with the loose tension new racket, so i changed and played with my MP28, guess what ha... i smashed harder actually (at least thats what i think) Nice love MP28 it cost me about $90NZ as i have a friend works in Rebel sport and he gave me discount haha... thanks to him. oh he was the one who promoted this racket to me too.

Kent

11. MusclePowerGeek

ARCHITECT
    Right now NS7k around here is RM600+. That guy is selling it to me for RM300.
    Better find out if its original.

12. eguitarcoolboy

Hi longreach, ha as you are a top grade player, i assume you have great racket knowledge too. So think you might be able to answer my problem here. Please allow me to ask question that out of this topic Musclepowergeek. i just bought two rackets which are Victor Zhao Jianhua 3000 TI series and Carlton PB Elite. I am not sure whats the stiffness of the Victor but the latter is marked as stiff. I feel that i am still not good enough to play with my Carlton as i found that my power weaken everytime i played with my carlton after using my Victor after one game. then again i shift it back to victor again. i can smash harder. can you tell me y??
    thank you in advance

13. LongReach

LongReach Regular Member

Hard to understand what you mean...but here i go

I assume it is hard to get power out of the carlton after using your victor.......and after using the carlton for a while and switching back to the victor your smashes are.......harder than before? Is this what you are asking?

If so.......when you use the carlton you have to generated more power in your swing to get the shuttle moving close to what you can with the victor.......when you switch back to your victor you swing it with the same amount of energy.......this racket prob has more power than the carlton.

After a while you re-adjust to your victor and seem to not smash as hard.

As the carlton is rated as stiff...not sure what the victor is tho.......Usually with stiff rackets you use more wrist.........try to put more wrist into the victor and see if this helps.

14. eguitarcoolboy

oh haha sorry longreach, i confused you. but you did a good job haha yup thats what i want to know, thank you so much for that hehe...i hve been thinking about that too but i am not sure, think i really need to use more wrist power when i am using victor. Thank you so much

Kent

15. eguitarcoolboy

Hey MPG haha think you should really find out before you make your decision. coz i have a feeling that its got a high possibility that its a fake. not sure thought. Ns7k is selling for $250++ in NZ now which is RM 600 too.

Kent

16. SPaterson

SPaterson Regular Member

Student, Programmer
    You might want to think again on that one; unless you've already, in your short time playing, used a racquet strung with BG68Ti and liked it.

If not, borrow a racquet to try, taking what tension it's strung at into account, and see if you like it or dislike it.

BG68Ti isn't to everyone's taste, and you don't want to be wasting your money stringing your racquet with a string you potentially dislike.

17. LongReach

LongReach Regular Member

Yeah man........you should try the other yonex strings before the ti stlye strings...............To me both BG80,bg85 are like a 'super bg65' better in all respects exept durability........should try those first.

I find most people dislike the ti strings........I have used them on other peoples rackets and was not impressed.......but never tried them on any of my own rackets..........I currently use bg85.......Just love this one.

18. MusclePowerGeek

ARCHITECT
    Thanks guys for the all the advice! I will surely take those into consideration.

CHEERs!

19. MusclePowerGeek

ARCHITECT
    Yup. You are right, better snoop around a bit & make sure I'm getting the real thing;)