Training Racket

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by JChen99, Feb 6, 2006.

1. event

event Regular Member

xD? What does that mean?

2. jcl49

jcl49 Regular Member

It is an emoticon, an expression of extreme laughter (although we often use it to represent mixed doubles on BC).

3. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    A 3U (really beated up) graphite racquet with a head cover is a great training tool for pronation and supination swing speed, endurance and resistance. But this setup is not suitable for actual play. A squash or training racquet are better suited for drive, clear and smash drills.

4. LongReach

LongReach Regular Member

Electronics Tech, Badminton Junkie!

leed iz not poizonus at all! i ave aten leed all mi live n itz neva efekted me uuuhhhh:eek: j/k

5. event

event Regular Member

I do use a wooden racquet for training. No kidding. I haven't hit a bird with it. It has a broken string.

6. Woofsta

Woofsta Regular Member

Student
    Dang try restringing that wooden racket with something lol. Probably worthless but go for it! =P

7. event

event Regular Member

Actually, it has these neat little cheat strings near the top and bottom of the head so the severed string won't actually loosen and retreat through the holes in the frame because it's being held in place by something else. I am sure I could do sluggish drive drills with it. On the other hand, the point to using the wooden racquet is to exercise my fingers, forearm, and wrist by swinging it. Hitting the shuttle isn't really an issue.

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Silver Gray Trainers

Recently I acquired five Silver Grays, including 2 training rackets.

The trainers are much heavier and are branded as 150 and 130. Apart from the weight there is little difference in appearance from the ordinary racket.

Attached Files:

9. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    Uh... I actually checked back here again and... hmm... noticed the offtopic discussion about lead tapes then bak to topic with these training rackets :p

Im jus wondering if ANY of them will hold string up to 25lbs? And also are there anywhere I can get em through a reputable website (besides BBE in China) jus so I can actually compare prices before purchasing?

Pete. Any racket with a cover on can be a good training tool. As long as you dont plan to hit any birds with it XD

10. eizmed

eizmed Regular Member

Doctor
    Training rackets are good to build strength but be wary of injuries if the body is not used to it.

Racket covers are also good but most rackets don't come with them except the cheaper ones. Can just put cardboard over the racket face. However, it is not as fun as cannot play games like you can with training rackets.

I have tried a SINTEC training racket. After initial adjustment, can play games quite well and when using "normal" rackets again and adjusting back, it feel very light and agile.

:)

11. setaa

setaa Regular Member

any idea where to buy these training rackets?

12. eizmed

eizmed Regular Member

Doctor
    The training rackets may not be that prevalent in North America. In the event cannot get one, just buy the cheapest heaviest badminton racket you can find, i.e. a beginner's three piece racket, or ask around for any old badminton rackets which are heavy.

13. setaa

setaa Regular Member

umm i'll be going back to indonesia soon, any idea where to get one over there?

i can get a yonex b-460 here tho.. or at least i believe so

14. eravalo

eravalo Regular Member

You may find the La Fleche training rackets online at:

http://www.bbesports.com/racket_La_Fleche.htm.

Here in the Philippines, I know Kimoni (135 & 150g), Ashaway (no wieght indicated), Kason (130g & 150g) and La Fleche(130g, 140g, 150g, & 160g) do have training rackets available or by order basis (from their asian H.O.).

This leads me to an interesting thought--- Do training rackets (aside from their weights), have the same characteristics and composition? Or are they different like ordinary rackets in terms of length, BP, flexibility? Can they hold high tension strings, i.e. 28-30 lbs? :rolleyes:

15. jerby

jerby Regular Member

Pete LSD entered squahs territory when stringign his LF trainignsracket to 35 lbs or soemthing...quote is coming.

16. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    I get to change the string! It's BG-65 and already feel like a sponge. BG-65 is only good for a week :D.

17. eravalo

eravalo Regular Member

Would anyone know which of the training rackets are used for specific drills? Are the heavier ones (150g & 160g) used for purely defensive drills like forehand & backhand clearing of smashes?

Are the lighter ones (130g & 140g) used for offensive drills like 5mins-10mins clears and/or smashes?

I would aprreciate your reply & provide specific programs. Thanks. :)

18. eravalo

eravalo Regular Member

Would anyone know which of the training rackets are used for specific drills? Are the heavier ones (150g & 160g) used for purely defensive drills like forehand & backhand clearing (I meant lifting) of smashes? In this case, you practice changing of grips.

Are the lighter ones (130g & 140g) used for offensive drills like 5mins-10mins clears and/or smashes? This is purely a power drill.

I would aprreciate your reply & provide specific programs. Thanks. :)

19. eravalo

eravalo Regular Member

Looks like I'll just use the training racket for all drills with my coach. So far, after using it for 2 days of training (i'm just a beginner-intermmediate player) It does take some time to get used to it but I do notice that when I use my regular racket, my shots are deaper and more powerful. I just need to develop more consistency and stamina. :)

20. youngwind

youngwind Regular Member

student
    [​IMG]

here is the trainning racquet of DASHA, 160 grams , RMB=160 yuan. www.youngwind.net