Hey Every One Help Me Please!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by smash-that-down, Feb 23, 2006.

1. smash-that-down

smash-that-down New Member

Hey every one I am in a bit of a pickel right now so i have come to you people.

I am a 15 year old boy that is 52 1/2 140 pounds single player. who is at there max hight ok just so you know more aobut me

i have 4 man delemas that i am needing help with

1. i need to know how the heck i can get a good smash if i am shorter then the badminton net and when iu do a jump smash i always mess up real badly ( i have been trying them for a year now)

2. how can i get from side to side front to back of the court faster if i have shorter legs ( plz be spacific)

3) how can i get a better clear when i have a shorter arm reach and travel

4) how can i lose wieght and put musicle on and inprove my stamina all at the same time

thank you every one and can you please be spacific for me thannx again

2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Get a coach, and put sincere dedication into training.

-dave

3. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Regular Member

Student
    Proper training and coaching with an improved diet.

4. burnick02!

burnick02! New Member

Employee
    1. i need to know how the heck i can get a good smash if i am shorter then the badminton net and when iu do a jump smash i always mess up real badly ( i have been trying them for a year now)
    -----proper timing and stroke; just practice it.

2. how can i get from side to side front to back of the court faster if i have shorter legs ( plz be spacific)
    -----practice footwork; you don't need to have long legs to have a good footwork (though it is an advantage if you have long one) :D

3) how can i get a better clear when i have a shorter arm reach and travel
    -----proper timing and stroke; just practice it.

4) how can i lose wieght and put musicle on and inprove my stamina all at the same time
    -----I have a partner which is about 200 lbs (ish) but he can move, strike, and place some shots. sometimes we were underestimated when we are playing with others because of his weight but when they see him move they are all impress of his agility and stamina.

you don't need to have a lot of muscle to play badminton dude.... dedication and practice should always be considered.... I agree with them.... have a coach if you need to.

5. hystephen

hystephen Regular Member

student
    To train, u need to to fitness and exercise....get a partner tat u can practice smashing.....in stead of smashing, try tippin.....other way to smash or tip is to curf your waist......anyway sometime u need hit light or hard......if u practice, u can suceed.......practice hittin left or right......ull have to think alittle durin the game......to clear....for me its obvious......just hit high and hard to practice clear......yeh.....try to ply aganist a player who had a same level as u......just keep practice and exercise

6. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

you will probably end up as a rallier due to shorter height, unless you have a massive vertical.

7. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    To improve your badminton, you really should try to get proper coaching. We can tell you as much as we can, but without seeing you in actual play, your strokes, footwork we can only give you some general things to work on.

For your smash, regardless of your height, your racquet reach will over the net. Proper form will help to maximize whatever your reach is.
    This also applies to your clear and other shots as well.

Getting from side to side (and the rest of the court for that matter) is independent of your leg length. Of course, the shorter you are, you will need to take a few extra steps than a taller player, but you can be just as fast as any tall player. You need to develop strength in your legs, and you will need to learn efficient footwork that is suitable for you.
    In the process of practicing and strengthing, you should also lose weight and build muscle at the same time.

There is one very important point I must make at this time tho'. Given your age, don't get yourself into a heavy weight training program just yet. Work on stamina, light strengthening and form/strokes. The body doesn't stop growing even in some cases into the early 20's. So give it time!
    And if you ever feel yourself being overwhelmed - look at Yap Kim Hok!

8. bertbrainz

bertbrainz Regular Member

yupz...i tink burnick02 is totally rite!for jump smashes...ur timing when u jump up to reach the shuttle muz be on time...if u r nt on time...no matter how powerful ur smashes ar...u wuldnt be getting the full potential of a jump smash as u wuld be hitting the frame or shaft of the racket rather than the sweetspot of the racket...i also totally agree with burnick02 tt ur footwork is realli impt...even if u hav short legs...footwork makes miricles as it helps u move around the court real fast in ease...basically to mi...footwork is the most impt aspect in the game of badminton...if u cant master ur footwork...u wuldnt b able to improve in ur game...

9. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    I train my jump smash last time by jumping juz a bit like a small hop upwards as long as my feet is off the ground den smash. After i could smash correctly with the correct timing, i go higher den higher until i could do it with my full jump. B4, trying out jump smashing, u gotta be able to smash without jumping first. Besure to use ur wrist too for the sharp angled smash. Hope this helps.

10. B34Pierce

B34Pierce Regular Member

Student
    i dunno how to help u...First off u need to slim it down with a good diet and exercise. Second u need to learn the right form. Cus even a 10 year old could clear from one end of the court to the other so there is no excuse why you shouldn't be able to do so. To move faster iw ould suggest skipping to make your steps softer and faster. For jump smashes if u can't even do a clear how are u suppose to do a smash. And if u can't even do a smash how are u suppose to do a jump smash =S. Weird child u have to take small steps at a time. If u can't even clear/smash then why start with jump smashing?