NS8000 string felt very tight!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Xuser, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    I just got a new NS8000 3U/G4 TH from Sumai03 at eBay. Before playing with it, the tension of the string felt like 30lbs! Playing in a game also felt the string was strung at, at least 26lbs but according to Sumai03, it was strung at 22lbs with BG68Ti.
    Has anyone had similar experience with their NS8000 string tension being a lot more. I realised the Armortec and NS series string method are similar to the NS series but I never had this problem with my AT800 Off/Def.

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    This might involve several possible factors, or a combo of them:

1. BG68Ti is thin, and if you normally use thicker string, then, 68ti will feel tighter.

2. One of the stringers' (your local stringer or sumai03's stringer) machine is off mark.

3. Temperature difference between TH and CAN.

4. The racket was strung @ wrong tension.

3. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Regular Member

Student
    has the racket been recently strung?

rackets that have been strung, but hasn't been used yet (about 1 week) often have a tighter feel and can retain tension longer vs. the immediate use (1-2 days)

because the racket was sold from ebay, i think the seller had all his rackets strung a while ago.

4. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    Thks for you guys input. From your response, I think it is most likely:
    1. Strung at the wrong tension
    2. The eBay stringer's machine is off mark. I've used two other stringers using same tension settings on my other racquets, and they felt similar.

I doubt it is because the string is new largely because the tension felt a lot lot harder than 21lbs. I can only hope my restring of this racquet helps.

5. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

I think weather is a major reason.
    TH= HOT => loser stringbed
    CA= COLD => tighter stringbed
    Especailly, there's such a big difference in temperature of these 2 countries.

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I believe you mean TH=HOT => looser, not loser!! :D

For my strings, I would start using them after they settled for about a day or two before use.

7. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    Got it restrung at 21lbs using BG65ti

Well, I finally got my NS8000 restrung at 21lbs with BG65ti. Felt a lot better. I can feel the repulsion and power and yet maintaining the accuracy. Can't go wrong with these combinations!

8. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Other factors to consider as well is the frame strength of the racket and also want stringing machine is used. Xuser, if you know music, you can tell me what the note sounds like and I can probably figure out what tention it was set at.

A few months ago I asked my stringer to string my racket(same one) on time on a constant tention pull machine(at the same tention which I normally do) since he normally uses a spring tention pull. I wanted to try it out to see how well it does because he recently gotten the machine. He always does badminton rackets on a spring tention machine because it's slower for him to do it on a tention pull. Well here goes my experiement!

After getting the racket, string came out to be tighter a pitch of a D, instead of the C# if it was done on the spring tention machine. About a 1/2 pound difference between between the two machines at the same tention. I assume the CTP is more accurate because it takes in the account for string elongation because of the nature of how this machine operates.

#8 Matt, Feb 27, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  9. nanoliska

nanoliska Regular Member

automotive aprentice
    i have the exact same feeling bought same raquet from same person.......im gonna use it until it breaks then get my personal stringer to do it the way i like...:)