Cleartwo???

Discussion in 'ClearOne Badminton Centre' started by robert 119, Oct 17, 2005.

1. robert 119

robert 119 Regular Member

Student
    I just heard of cleartwo badminton center from my dad's friend. Does anyone have any information on the center (website, drop-in's, lessons, court booking, etc)???

2. Rookie199

Rookie199 New Member

Financial Analyst
    I heard that it will first be available for lessons only starting Nov, as renovation will not be completed until later.

There will be more strict requirements on shoes - you cannot play in shoes worn outdoors.

I also heard that someone had submitted a plan to city of Richmond, to build a 15-court facility in a warehouse on Minoru Blvd. Not sure if it is true. Anyone got news on this?

3. Marky

Marky Regular Member

Richmond, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
    Hei hei Robert...... Actually, I was informed of the C2 by one of the VRCers. If it is still under renovation, then I am incorrectly presented to you and your dad the C2's operation.

4. robert 119

Student
    Cleartwo

Ok, thanks, at least I know when to sign up now. :) Does anyone know what needs to be finished in Cleartwo, since in another thread, it said it was used for the Clearone Thanksgiving tournament.

5. dex

dex Regular Member

Student
    So does that mean the owner of Clear1 and Clear2 are different?

6. robert 119

Student
    Clearone and Cleartwo

No, both should be the same owner.

7. GTO-demon

GTO-demon Regular Member

student
    you are right... clear two was used for the clearone thanksgiving tournament because i went to it :D.. and i think it'll be used for the clearone junior open too~

8. aL_vin

aL_vin Regular Member

ClearTwo is used, as far as I know, just for High-Perfomance lessons and also for tournaments.

9. confuzzledfreak

confuzzledfreak Regular Member

Student
  10. Ashish

Ashish Regular Member

student
    yeah i played @ cleartwo @ the thankgiving tourney too.. good place

11. kindafun

kindafun New Member

Where exactly is it??? I know it's close to C1. A couple of buildings over??? :confused:

12. bguy7890

bguy7890 Regular Member

Yep. I was told that it's beside the Acura dealership, where the Go-Kart place used to be.

13. aL_vin

aL_vin Regular Member

Only about a minute's walk from ClearOne. It's next to Hi-Lite Billiards.

14. kevink

kevink New Member

My understanding is ClearTwo is only opened for lessons right now. I had a chat with Darryl (owner of ClearOne and 2) a couple weeks ago and he said it should be opened in 2 weeks. So I would assume it is going to open in November. There are 12 courts in ClearTwo. IMO, the lighting is better. BTW it's Japanese flooring at ClearTwo vs GeoFlor at ClearOne.

15. dex

dex Regular Member

Student

Wats Japanese Flooring? sounds very cushiony!
    Btw, why is the Richmond Clearone junior tourney cancelled? It says in the BadBC website that the draw was not created in accordance with BadBC Sanctioned tourney guidelines? Wat does it means?

16. kevink

kevink New Member

If I am not mistaken, the Japanese flooring @ Cleartwo is also made of material that PVC/plastic but it is harder than the GerFlor surface
    at ClearOne.

Yeah the tournament this weekend was canceled. I asked one of the employees at ClearOne today and he implied the organizer had to cancel the event reluctantly. He didn't tell me the reason though.

17. dex

dex Regular Member

Student
    That must be disappointing! They better have a very good reason other than the one being posted in the web

18. wing-omega5-0

wing-omega5-0 Regular Member

Student(uni)
    i think the reason for cancelling the tournament was posted on www.lmba.ca

i didnt read it through though, i just read the part that said the tournament was cancelled. its under events and registration.

19. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    The reason for the controversy over the draw was raised by the parents of one of the senior boys who complained that he was to play against stronger players in the draw in the early rounds. Although this player has been previous unseeded, and would unlikely reach the semi's found it necessary to create enough of a situation to upset the tournament for the rest of the competitors.
    All it takes is one to ruin for the rest...

20. badelbow

badelbow Regular Member

Why, Why, Tell me Why....

We are all really disappointed. We just did not understand:
    1 - why Badminton BC waited till the last minute to cancelled the tournament without posponing to a later date.
    2 - why Badminton BC did not alert or warn the organizer (LMBA) earlier about not following to BOW (Best Of the West) Circuit Guidelines. According to the guidelines (copied from Badminton Bc webiste)- Organizing committees must forward the final list of entries to Badminton BC immediately following the entry deadline (two weeks prior to event start date). Badminton BC will forward the seedings for all events by fax or email to the organizing committee within 72 hours.

So,
    A) If you remembered, the posted entry deadline was Oct 11, 2005 which was less then 2 weeks prior to event start date (Oct 21-23). The entry form has been posted on Badminton BC & LMBA's website for at least 3 weeks and during this time, I don't know why Badminton BC didn't warn/alert LMBA about not following the guidelines.
    B) Badminton BC did not ask LMBA to forward the final list of entries immediately following the entry deadline.
    C) If Badminton BC had asked LMBA to forward the final list of entries, LMBA would have the seedings for all events FROM BADMINTON BC within 72 hours and the draws would have been done according to the guidelines and the tournament would not have to be cancelled.

3 - why Badminton BC waited till the afternoon of Oct 19th to tell the organizer (LMBA) that the draws were not done according to guidelines. Draft draws were emailed to Badminton BC for approval before Oct 19.

4 - why Badminton BC did not make an effort to help LMBA to come up with a draw which is according to the guideline; instead they told LMBA that there is not enough time to redo the draw............ I guess, Badminton BC did not have enough funding from the government ... thus, cannot afford giving extra time to help LMBA to redo the draws. We, the tournament organizer (LMBA), are a non profit organization. We are running an "A" tournament for the first time, we are all volunteers, we are doing all we can without pay, and we are spending many hours after work, trying our best to make it happen. Unfortunately, it didn't happen that way.

5 - why Badminton BC chose to disappoint approximately 90 kids, some of which who came all the way from Vernon (BC) and Alberta.